Profile for Polley > Reviews

Polley (U.K)

Libbyshouse 20 x Blank Keyrings Ideal For Craft Work/Jewellery Making
Libbyshouse 20 x Blank Keyrings Ideal For Craft Work/Jewellery Making
Offered by libbyshouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. I liked the "patterned" ring and solid ..., 9 Dec 2014
Good quality. I liked the "patterned" ring and solid chain which make very attractive hand crocheted key rings.

Kaffe Fassett's Pattern Library
Kaffe Fassett's Pattern Library
by Kaffe Fassett

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Crocheters too!, 9 Dec 2012
This book is simply beautiful for the designs and colour. Kaffe Fasset is very talented and this book has enough charts to occupy you for a very long time.

I don' knit preferring crochet for it's more versatile fabric and project possibilities. If you are a crocheter and are wondering if you can use the knit charts for crochet don't hesitate. They work wonderfully in TAPESTRY CROCHET using Carol Ventura's tutorials and techniques (see online). My work comes up slightly wider horizontally than in the photos.

More Tapestry Crochet
More Tapestry Crochet
by Carol Ventura

5.0 out of 5 stars Tapestry Crochet in the UK, 26 July 2009
This review is from: More Tapestry Crochet (Paperback)
I was tempted to buy this book after visiting Carol Ventura's website (tutorials and free patterns)and I was not disappointed. Her instructions are very easy to follow and her enthusiasm shines through. Best of all are the new methods e.g. reverse crochet and the skills she imparts for you to go off and design your own items. There are colour illustrations of all the projects in the centre of the book and I promise they are all items that you would actually want to make and give as presents. The historical/geographical section is really interesting. To give a fair critique it has to be pointed out that there are a few printing errors (corrected with an "errata sheet") but they do not detract from the book at all. I bought my copy from Amazon in the USA making a good saving even including the postage.

100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Wowudo

2.0 out of 5 stars The classic book collection has been expurgated, 22 Jan 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I recently bought the 100 classic book collection and was initially very pleased with it and decided that my first classic to read would be Jonathon Swift's Gullivers Travels. I am presently 2 thirds through and realise by checking it against the original (found on line) that whole controversial chunks have been cut out. e.g. sections describing urination and being abused by Glumdalclitch. I expect to find more. I haven't checked any of the other books but I suspect that the other classics have been similarly treated. This is most disappointing and I definitly would not have bought this "game" had I known.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2013 11:40 PM GMT