Profile for THE ISLANDER > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Fish Farm
Fish Farm

4.0 out of 5 stars Fish but no chips, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fish Farm (App)
Just about everything you need after a hard stressful day doing your schoolwork, That reminds me got to let the kids try ....

More Wishing-Chair Stories (The Wishing-Chair Series)
More Wishing-Chair Stories (The Wishing-Chair Series)
by Enid Blyton

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic stories, but books in the wrong order!, 18 Nov. 2013
My children are all big Enid Blyton fans. We have been really enjoying The Wishing chair stories. I was going to buy the 3 stories in 1 book, but read a review that said that the books had been put in the wrong order, so I decided to buy one book at a time. Just started to read book 3 to discover that although it states it is book 3, the last one in the series, it is actually book 2!! As the wishing chairs wings are red, even though they had changed to green and yellow, in the book we had read previously! The kids don't mind, they just wish they had their own wishing chair and could go to magical lands like Mollie and Peter. But I do think it is a bit poor that that was not picked up on, also the front covers are all done by the same (very good) artist, but the last book (which is actually the 2nd book!) has inside sketches done by somebody else. They are not done with the same high standard or charm of the other two books. My kids were disappointed by the poor pictures. Shame as the actual stories themselves are amazing .Please do not be put off though, as you will be whisked away to wonderful worlds, and one chapter is never enough! I do not know however what Enid would make of her books being put in the wrong order! A very silly oversight! Hopefully not in any more of her series!

Time To Run Women's Speed Short Size 10 Black
Time To Run Women's Speed Short Size 10 Black
Offered by Time To Run Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to run in these shorts!!, 23 Aug. 2013
After years of running I decided to be brave and get myself some shorts, but didn't want anything too short. These are perfect for me. I am a size 8 to 10 and was worried as some reviews said you needed a size smaller and the 10 was the smallest they had, but they are very comfy and stay in place well. Also they have a great sized back pocket for phone, ipod etc. Well pleased. I have full length run tights by Time to Run too, will be looking for more of their running gear in future.

Gangnam Style
Gangnam Style

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot Tapper!!, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Gangnam Style (MP3 Download)
Horrible foot tapping body twitching irritating crazy froggish addictive noise with that awful song title that everybody screams "" WOP WOP !! I love it !!!!!

The Famous Five - The Complete Collectors Edition [DVD]
The Famous Five - The Complete Collectors Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marcus Harris
Offered by Wowudo

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fantastic Five!!, 8 Aug. 2013
Got this for my 4 Famous Five mad kids. We had borrowed the black and white one from a friend, and they had loved that so much that I wondered if this would be as good. It is fantastic - they (and I!) love it! I did not have a T.V as a child so missed out on this first time round. It is really jolly good fun. Also it is a lovely box, which opens like a book, complete with booklet and great pictures. Well worth the price under £20! What a wonderful cast. We have all been glued to the screen, and of course singing the theme tune! The kids have even made lego Famous Five to play with, and have been running around the house being the Five them selves!! Well the four as we have no dog - yet!!

SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver
SainSonic SS-101 Mini Rechargeable Electric Lady Shaver
Offered by Treasure Nova

5.0 out of 5 stars So smooth!, 8 Aug. 2013
Bought this for my daughter as her first shaver. Read the great reviews, but still always a bit worried. No need to be, it is a fantastic little shaver. She was feeling nervous about using it, but she found it easy, and it left her feeling very smooth! Also it was very quiet. I think I might be getting one for myself !

Get Lucky (Daft Punk Remix)
Get Lucky (Daft Punk Remix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius at Work, 31 July 2013
Nile Rogers, Daft Punk, Disco beat, sit back put your earphones on do what it says you may Get Lucky !!!!!

Secret Seven Box Set: 1-15
Secret Seven Box Set: 1-15
by Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Enid Blyton, 19 Jun. 2013
My kids have all loved The Famous Five books ( I read as a child too) I did not read Secret Seven, but felt I could not go wrong in buying these. They are enjoying them just as much so far - only on book 4 so plenty still to read. Much better deal to buy the box set, wish I had done that with Famous Five, instead of buying each one when needed - still got a couple left to get! The box set came super fast and was in great con, so well pleased!

Typhoon 12" Gloss Black Wok Lid
Typhoon 12" Gloss Black Wok Lid
Offered by KG Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits just right!, 26 May 2013
I thought I would not be able to get a lid for my deep wok shaped fry pan as it is an awkward 11 1/2cms, but after reading the reviews which said nice lid but a bit small, I thought yes this is the lid for me!! Very fast delivery and well packaged, and best of all it fits perfectly!!

Kent Natural Shine Range Porcupine Brush Large
Kent Natural Shine Range Porcupine Brush Large
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this brush!, 18 Mar. 2013
I love,love,love this brush - it is the best brush I have ever had. Just ordered another one for my daughter. Yes it did cause a little bit of static when I first used it, but I just smoothed over my hair with my hand after brushing. My shoulder length hair looks and feels the best it has ever done, and I love the look of the brush too.

Page: 1 | 2