Profile for Mary > Reviews

The Gift
The Gift
by T. Davis Bunn

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gift, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Gift (Hardcover)
My elderly neighbour wanted a nice short story to read. I found this for her and I read it first to see what it was about. She has really enjoyed it.... a pleasant story about an elderly lady and not too long. Quite an inspirational story too.

The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
by Tarek Malouf

5.0 out of 5 stars Bakery book gift, 2 Mar. 2014
I got this for my son as a Christmas gift. He has set up home in his own flat and has started baking cakes. This has some more unusual cakes in so it has given him a challenge and he brings the results round for me to try! It is a lovely book at a good price.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Greeting Card - £10 (Christmas Tree)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Greeting Card - £10 (Christmas Tree)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Gift Card, 2 Mar. 2014
I got this for a friend as she is blind and wanted it as a gift for her son in law. It came very quickly and in very perfect condition. Very pleased!

The Fisherman's Daughter
The Fisherman's Daughter
by Molly Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 9 Aug. 2012
I bought this book after hearing the author being interviewed on the radio. I took it on holiday and couldn't put it down. I found the beginning and end of the story far fetched but the rest of the book is an intriguing, mysterious and romantic story about a family. Ideal if you want to take your mind off other things for a few days.

No More Clutter
No More Clutter
by Sue Kay

5.0 out of 5 stars This book works!, 10 July 2010
This review is from: No More Clutter (Paperback)
After buying many books and DVD's over the years on the subject of housework and de-cluttering that didnt really work for me I eventually found this book in a shop one day. My son bought it for me and said he hoped this one worked. I slowly read the book over two months. Like another reviewer I carried on reading the book before starting but at the same time the more I read the more I couldn't wait to get started. This book has encouraged me to part with things I've hung on to for years. The previous book I bought resulted in me buying many boxes, files and index cards and that's as far as I got. I'm about to read it a second time... Brilliant book and worth buying!

Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel By Changing the Way You Think
Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel By Changing the Way You Think
by Dennis Greenberger

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't looked back since working through this book, 4 July 2006
This book was recommended by my counsellor when I was suffering with anxiety and depression. I slowly worked through it and photocopied all the worksheets. It gives something constructive to work at and you actually begin to enjoy doing it. You can see by the charts that you are improving. The thought records are particularly helpful. It is not a difficult book to read and it's written in a warm, friendly and encouraging way. By the time I got to the last chapter I didn't need it any more. I wasn't tempted to jump ahead but worked through chapter by chapter and it worked!