Profile for John Lenahan > Reviews

Content by John Lenahan

John Lenahan "John Lenahan" (London)

WAGS TO WITCHES
WAGS TO WITCHES

5.0 out of 5 stars Someone at Pixar should read this., 2 July 2013
This review is from: WAGS TO WITCHES (Kindle Edition)
If you like you're fantasy with twenty laughs to the page, then Wags to Witches is the book for you. Let's just hope the boys at Pixar are paying atttention.

The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
by Christopher Shevlin

5.0 out of 5 stars What a cracking read!, 1 July 2012
What a cracking read! I just spent my holiday with my nose in, The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax. It was funny with compelling characters and a plot that astonishingly turned into a page turner. The only down side was the annoyed looks I received from people in nearby beach chairs as I guffawed aloud. Five stars.

The Ripple Effect
The Ripple Effect
by Dominic Holland

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book., 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Ripple Effect (Paperback)
Read this years ago when it was on paper. Clever, funny with a great ending. I flew through it. Highly recommended.

The Home Fires Are Burning...My Feet!
The Home Fires Are Burning...My Feet!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Funny Portrait of a Life, 20 Jun. 2011
At first look one could be forgiven to think that Nora Barry's book - The Home Fires are Burning... My Feet - is just a collection of funny vignettes about parenting and womanhood because that's what it is. Each short essay can be read out of contact. They are often funny and always clever.

But as you progress through the book you start to realize that each story is a brush stroke in a portrait of a life of a woman with a wonderful attitude on life. Funny, profound and occasionally tear jerking - what more can you ask for?

John L