Profile for Paul J. Tompkins > Reviews

Content by Paul J. Tompkins

Paul J. Tompkins (UK)

LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket. Fully Adjustable and suitable for 15" 17" 19" 20" 22" 23" LCD TVs
Offered by Electro World

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy solid and little discernable 'lean' when extended, 19 April 2015
New kitchen with new very tight fitting recess for tv. Spent a lot on the kitchen so a little concerned that as not expensive would it be an acceptable quality. Can only say I need not have worried. Sturdy solid and little discernable 'lean' when extended.

Pure Jongo A2 Wireless Hi-Fi Adapter with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Black
Pure Jongo A2 Wireless Hi-Fi Adapter with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Black
Offered by SmartSalesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it promised, 19 April 2015
Buying another as it has been proven to bring life into a potentially redundant hi fi but has also made use of some old PC powered speakers which are now on top of kitchen cupboards providing good stereo streaming via bluetooth so need another for the hi fi! Would be 5 * but for fact I spent a wasted hour trying to set up when after go ogling for an answer found I just needed to turn off the auto connect on my smartphone. Grrrrrrrr. A simple note in the set up notes wouldbe good as I must be a common feature on android phones.

Pavement Chalk Artist: The Three-dimensional Drawings of Julian Beever
Pavement Chalk Artist: The Three-dimensional Drawings of Julian Beever
by Julian Beever

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffe table book, 25 Jan. 2012
Bought as a present for my wife who had it on her wish list. The sort of item that you think is interesting but would you buy it? She has enjoyed browsing and remarked on the fact that it was interseting to learn a bit about the artist and how he 'stumbled' into pavement artistry and the 3D genre. I would call it a coffee table book as you can just pick it up and marvel at it at any time and it is 'break the ice' conversation maker.

Garmin Forerunner 405CX GPS Sports Watch with Heart Rate Monitor (discountinued by manufacturer)
Offered by SuStuu

5.0 out of 5 stars Shall I sha'n't I?, 13 Nov. 2011
After reading the reviews that found the bevel to be a problem I deliberated for weeks before deciding to purchase. For me,someone who simply wants to keep fit and at the same time monitor how far I run and keep track of my workrate this was/is a fairly major expenditure. I have had a Polar HR monitor before and it did the job. GPS is up another level and a bit of a toy if the truth be told! That said I have found that it simply does what it says it will and as a football referee I can now also see where I run on the pitch...do I get out wide and end to end....and I can tell how 'demanding' a game is by the distance run. True I haven't yet worn it during a heavy rain storm so the 'possible' problem of rain affecting the bezel is yet to be tested but you can lock the bezel so I cannot see it being one. On runs the pace feature is good and might help me to sub 50 minutes for a 10K. You never know. Glad I bought it so far......and i've just noticed it has even gone down in price!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2011 8:43 AM GMT

Official ClimaxDigital USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. Convert Video+Audio from VHS, V8, Hi8, All Camcorders, Video Recorder, DVD player, Satellite TV, Freeview etc. Capture xbox360 & playstation3 in PAL 60 colour. Includes Arcsoft Showbiz 3.5 editing software. Upload videos direct to YouTube . Supports Windows XP/Vista + Windows 7 32/64. +Windows 8+ *FREE AV cable*

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 14 July 2011
Didn't work with my Windows 7 PC
Technical help provided by vendor but after many hours and trying everything it still didn't. It went back and refund given. Shame really.

TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the business...so far, 29 Dec. 2010
Amazon have again met all my expectations. Arrived well within time and ready to go. I needed this to 'split' a wired ethernet cable between two computers. Out of the box ,lead in and two out, hey presto it works. Does it need to be fancy, pretty and cool looking? No. (Not that it is ugly) Low price, works and hopefully will prove reliable. 4 Stars as who can tell how long it will.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 5:18 PM GMT

Foundling
Foundling

3.0 out of 5 stars Already a fan then OK, 3 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Foundling (MP3 Download)
Not as good as the last one. As a fan it's taking a little time to grow on me and not sure it will convert many to the delights of David Gray

Draw The Line
Draw The Line
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to........, 30 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Draw The Line (Audio CD)
If you are a David Gray fan you'll love it. If you aren't (and my wife isn't) then you might say "they all the sound the same" but then what does she know! :0)