Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr. P. Simon > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Simon

Mr. P. Simon (Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2
Piranha 3-10mm Masonry Hi-Tech Drill Bit Set (8 Pieces)
Piranha 3-10mm Masonry Hi-Tech Drill Bit Set (8 Pieces)

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart. Look elsewhere., 13 Jun. 2016
I bought these because they say they drill concrete. Second hole I drilled and the tip was destroyed and broke in half. Returned for a refund as they look great but don't do the job. I'm now looking for a more professional set not a toy set made to look like a professional set.

Black LH-X100 Lens Hood 49mm AR-X100 Adapter Ring For Fujifilm FinePix X100
Black LH-X100 Lens Hood 49mm AR-X100 Adapter Ring For Fujifilm FinePix X100
Offered by CamRepublic

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect., 28 Feb. 2014
I have a black x100s and this looks great on it. the finish is good and Its strong and does the job well. I have never seen the original fuji hood but the hood I have is very loose and the bayonette hood can easily be knocked off if you use it on a sling strap like I do as the fitting is very loose. This might also be the case for the genuine hood though and to be honest I would still buy this hood again over the original because of the price. I will probably attach a bit of tape or something inside to tighten the fit slightly and then it would be perfect. I also used a black marker to colour out the white writing and this worked well as I felt the writing made it look a bit cheap. Sounds silly to says its flawed but buy it but for the price its well worth it. Just be aware that you might have to mess about with it a bit of you get one with a loose fit like mine.

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: FujiFilm Cameras *Lifetime Guarantee* (FujiFilm FinePix X100S Crystal Clear Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but dissapointed., 28 Feb. 2014
Firstly from what I can see this is a good screen protector and I managed to ft it easily without any bubbles. Easier to apply and offers more protection than phone ones I have used. BUT... the x100s screen is pretty sharp and clear without a protector on but for some reason instead of a gloss finish 'expert shield' have decided to use a matt finish on this protector and it means that the image is not as sharp and it makes it quite hard to manual focus using the LCD screen. Its a shame and I am suprised nobody else has commented on this. It makes me feel I did something wrong but I removed both films one and two and it fits great. Just a shame that its a bit pointless having a well protected screen that I cant see because its behind frosted glass. Ok thats an exageration but in photography viewing images in a clear way is pretty important.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 2:04 PM GMT

RadioPopper PX Receiver Canon Version (Europe)
RadioPopper PX Receiver Canon Version (Europe)
Offered by RadioPopper Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Strobist Dream!, 17 Mar. 2012
I have read the previous reviews and I agree with much that was said but the most important fact is that these things work amazingly well and I have never had any problems with any misfires or even the ETTL not being spot on every time. Most strobists like to work with manual flash but I am lazy and love ETTL and as i read in a gret book once why not let the technology work for you if the results are what your after. Well I use it with the 38cm and 60cm Lastolite Ezyboxes and I really dont understand the problems mentioned in the previous review. Ok so the adaptor adds a bit of bulk to the flash but I easily fitted it to the ezybox mount simply by using the spare screw from the unbrella mount hole popping it through a 10p washer and this simply clamps through the standard ezybox mount. Also when you take it off you just screw the washer and screw back into the umbrella mount hole and it wont get lost. Ok its a bit of a faff but it wasnt made to work with Ezyboxs and im really happy with this quick and cheap adaption.

With lighting its all about the quality of light and the control. These things give you great control. They are AMAZING... I have used several manual Ebay triggers but these are in a diferent league. They are a proper pro product and yes you pay for that. I didnt buy from amazon (they didnt used to sell them) I bought direct from the radiopopper site. If they are too expensive here then buy direct. The RP service as has been mentioned is outstanding. I would say I would not hesitate to buy more of these in future but i think with the release of the new canon flash with built in radio triggers I will probably move to those next time im buying. But not because I can fault my poppers just because built in means less batteries to charge and less kit to carry about. But if you have older ETTL flashes then these are well worth the investment.

RadioPopper PX Transmitter (Europe)
RadioPopper PX Transmitter (Europe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strobist Dream!, 17 Mar. 2012
I have read the previous reviews and I agree with much that was said but the most important fact is that these things work amazingly well and I have never had any problems with any misfires or even the ETTL not being spot on every time. Most strobists like to work with manual flash but I am lazy and love ETTL and as i read in a gret book once why not let the technology work for you if the results are what your after. Well I use it with the 38cm and 60cm Lastolite Ezyboxes and I really dont understand the problems mentioned in the previous review. Ok so they the adaptor adds a bit of bulk to the flash but I easily fitted it to the ezybox mount simply by using the spare screw from the unbrella mount hole popping it through a 10p washer and this simply clamps through the standard ezybox mount. Also when you take it off you just screw the washer and screw back into the umbrella mount hole and it wont get lost. Ok its a bit of a faff but it wasnt made to work with Ezyboxs and im really happy with this quick and cheap adaption.

TFH Publications Puppy Fish Flex Chew Large
TFH Publications Puppy Fish Flex Chew Large

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH!, 27 Dec. 2011
We have a lot of nylabone chews. Our 3 month old bearded collie loves to chew them. We have the Keys that are great and so far have lasted the best and he loves them. We have the bones (both small and now larger) and these only last him a few days but its worth it as it keeps him from chewing us or our furniture. We also have other similar nylon chew toys but nylabone are the best as they are softer so he prefers them. I have to say though that these fish are the worst product we have bought for our dog. Within a few minutes of having the toy he had chewed large sections of the thin fin off and would have swollowed them. This is not an edible product so now its useless as he easily bites big bits off. For the record we have the large one with the orange bones inside. Dont buy it its rubbish and i will be writing to nylabone as its not safe for dogs. The bones from nylabone seem to slowly shed small bits and are soft but take a lot of chewing to get any bits off. These fish are not the same material and in my opinion are not only a waste of money but are not safe to give to any dog. Our pup is not a strong chewer either it really is just a weak rubbish chew toy. So bad I actually thought it must be an edible product as some biscuits take more chewing before breaking. utter RUBBISH!

Lastolite LL LA2401 Tilthead (with spigot)
Lastolite LL LA2401 Tilthead (with spigot)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product but not perfect., 26 April 2011
This is a very solid metal tilthead (umbrella bracket). I use it on several Lastolite stands that I have and it does the job perfectly. My only small complaint is that it has no thread on the top of the spigot (unlike most other similar products) so its great when I want to mount my Ezybox on it but if you want to mount other things you might need an adaptor to attach anything with a screw thread. It costs about half what the manfrotto one does and its a solid product but im sure at some point I will be buying a Manfrotto 026 Lite Tite Swivel + Umbrella Adaptor as they seem to be more flexible in how you can use them.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2012 1:14 AM GMT

Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
Offered by KOMPBAY

3.0 out of 5 stars Works with Eye-Fi cards, 16 April 2011
I bought 2 of these so I could use my 3 Eyefi Pro cards in My Canon 7D. The adaptors work well but the ones I recieved (from KOMPBAY) were not as pictured. (See my uploaded pics) I wanted the 'Extreme' ones as they have been reported by others as working best for the Eyefi cards. I was a bit annoyed but in fairness the adaptors I recieved work with the Eyefi cards and although I have only done a quick test they seem to be fine. A little off topic but if you want to use the Eyefi cards in any CF adaptor you need the older 'Pro' version not the 'Pro X2' as the newer cards dont work with adaptors. I think the other older non 'pro' versions work too but you cant use ad-hoc connections. (eg direct from camera to laptop/ipad rather than via a network router) It might be that the packaging has just changed but the ones I got did not report to be 'extreme' although they work fine. My only issue is I could have saved money by buying another generic adaptor but I paid more because I wanted this specific type that came well recommended. But I didnt get what I ordered :-( The versions I did get however also work with my Eyefi cards so I suppose its not too much of a problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2011 10:47 PM BST

SD to CF Card Adapter
SD to CF Card Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Not working with Eyefi card, 8 April 2011
I have had this adaptor for a while and its really useful for using my 3 16gb Sandisk Extreme cards in my Canon 7D and works well. However i bought this adaptor to use with my Eyefi Pro x2 8gb card and well despite trying several things it does not work. I am a bit annoyed but it is a good adaptor if you dont want to use a wifi card. If you do apparently this adaptor Komputerbay SD to CF Type II High Speed Adapter has been tested as working with the eyefi Pro cards.

I cant say for sure as i dont have the non pro version but i have read that this adaptor (the Delkin Devices one) works with the non pro (red and blue) Eyefi cards like this Eye-Fi Explore or Eye-Fi Connect but i cant confirm this as i have not tested them myself.

Snowboard Gear Buyers Guide
Snowboard Gear Buyers Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy this!, 3 Mar. 2011
not worth the money. dont buy as its just a basic list of what u need to buy with no buying or renting tips. save your money as all it says is buy some gloves thermals ouuter wear and a board and bindings. no info or help on what to buy. anyone who sells these products or has been boarding before will tell you more in a few minutes. save your money this is just someones attempt to make easy cash from peole via amazon. not worth two pence.

Page: 1 | 2