Profile for Tim > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Pulse PLS00318 Stand for Laptop/Projector
Pulse PLS00318 Stand for Laptop/Projector
Offered by Simply Sound Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems very good value for money and does the job required of it perfectly., 23 Dec. 2015
Supports my weighty 17" desktop replacement laptop quite well for a Zwift session, holding the laptop steady enough on carpeted floorboards even during an 800Watt plus sprint. Seems very good value for money and does the job required of it perfectly.

Carbon Fibre Cycling Bike Bicycle Drink Water Bottle Holder Cage Rack for MTB
Carbon Fibre Cycling Bike Bicycle Drink Water Bottle Holder Cage Rack for MTB
Offered by Emgreat (Shipping time 7-15 days)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 23 Dec. 2015
Very impressed. Looks good, works well, weight as specified or even 1g lighter - bought two and one was 24g, the other 23g. A very good price for a very good product.

Crud Road Racer Mk2 Mudguard - Black
Crud Road Racer Mk2 Mudguard - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect answer to mudguards for a road bike, 1 July 2015
It takes a while to fully get to grips with the instructions, but once figured out these are an inexpensive solution to adding lightweight and streamlined mudguards to a road bike. They fit, just, with 25c700 tyres, but are probably better suited to 23mm rubber.

SMP4Bike Stratos Saddle - Black, 26.6 x 13.1-cm
SMP4Bike Stratos Saddle - Black, 26.6 x 13.1-cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, 1 July 2015
After several months of regular cycling (several hundred miles per month) with a conventional saddle I had developed lumps and inflammation in my perineum, which at times was quite uncomfortable, especially on long rides. Researching solutions online it seemed the SMP range would likely sort me out. After carefully reviewing the options for size and padding I decided the Stratos would be right for me. In terms of fixing my problem area it is 100% successful. However, now the pressure is very much focused on my sit bones, which means an upgrade to my cycling shorts and a period of manning up. If I was 10kg lighter, and I could afford to be, this saddle would be super comfortable. I won't knock the saddle because I'm overweight though. It is a terrific saddle and priced favourably at Amazon (when I bought it at least).

I also have an ISM Adamo Road saddle on another bike and that is equally comfortable in the perineum area and perhaps a fraction more forgiving on the sit bones. I'd recommend either of them highly if you suffer from perineum pressure and pain.

Park Tool CM5.2 Cyclone Chain Scrubber - Blue
Park Tool CM5.2 Cyclone Chain Scrubber - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but is it any better than cheaper alternatives?, 23 April 2015
Effective at cleaning, but possibly overpriced compared to alternative offerings. Using it takes practice as it seems easy to derail the chain if you hold it at the wrong angle, which is easily done.

Confidence Deluxe Bike Repair Stand - Black
Confidence Deluxe Bike Repair Stand - Black
Offered by The Sports HQ

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, strong, cheap. Great value., 23 April 2015
For the £30 paid, including delivery, I really can't fault this stand. It is weighty and solid and has made bike maintenance and cleaning so much easier. I have a suspicion that it is the same as the stand recently on sale st Aldi for £25, but either way it is well worth the price.

Pyramex Safety V2 Readers SB1810R15 Robust Protective Glasses with Integrated Reading Glasses Strength +1.5 Lightweight / Colourless Lenses
Offered by Prime E Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cycling., 23 April 2015
I use these for cycling and find then to be comfortable and effective whilst offering exceptional value for money. The little dioptre lens makes reading my bike computer a little easier and helps with reading the menu at our lunch stupid.

Bike Computer Handlebar Mount for Garmin Edge 200, 500, 510, 800, 810 & 1000 for 31.8mm, 25.4mm & 22.2mm handlebars
Offered by Buzz Bikes

5.0 out of 5 stars My mistake for not paying attention to the handlebar sizing ..., 28 Feb. 2015
My mistake for not paying attention to the handlebar sizing, but this is for HUGE handlebars. I've had to cut up an old inner tube to pack out the gap between bars and the mount and tighten it down really hard to the point where I fear breaking the mount. Even so, my Garmin can still start drooping as I ride over rough terrain and the jarring makes the unbalanced weight pull forwards. I think I'll have to add even more packing, and maybe some sandpaper around the bars in order to increase grip. The bars are very smooth bare metal, so kind of slippery, especially in the rain.

29/09/15 upgraded to 5 stars as it is flawless on the right size bars and now multiple size spacers are included.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2015 9:47 AM BST

Sealey 4.8 x 200mm Cable Ties (Pack of 100)
Sealey 4.8 x 200mm Cable Ties (Pack of 100)
Offered by BargainShop_London

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product. Fantastic service by supplier to remedy the fault., 3 Feb. 2015
Unfortunately my experience of these ties was extremely disappointing. I attempted to use them to fit bicycle mudguards to a bike which has no conventional fixing points. I don't know whether the temperature influenced things (3 degrees centigrade) but several of the ties snapped whilst tightening them by hand without tools. They just seemed very brittle/fragile. When I did manage to get sufficient ties to hold whilst fitting I experienced multiple failures within less than a mile of cycling. This is supposed to be a good brand, but there is something very wrong with the ties I received.

On a positive note the seller was extremely responsive and within an hour of contact had arranged to have a replacement set sent out of equivalent spec, but different brand, and also refunded me the original purchase price. I am pleased to say that the replacement ties work perfectly and there have been no failures during fitting or during a 30 mile ride.

I'm sorry to have to give only one star for the product listed here, but the seller deserves a full five stars (already given) for outstanding customer service and the replacement ties deserve five stars too..

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size. Minor niggles. Recommended., 30 Jan. 2015
I bought the large 2nd generation model. It is large enough to be useful and small enough to not get in the way or look daft. The perfect size choice for me. The phone pouch displays the whole of my Galaxy Note 3 screen from the notification bar down to the soft buttons and home button at the bottom. However, while the buttons can be used fairly easily it is difficult to pull down the notification bar.

The Velcro fastening for the frame tubes make sense, but the elasticated toggle for the stem seems a very odd design choice. No instructions meant a bit of head scratching, but I think I figured out what was expected. I have no idea why Velcro was not also used here though.

Finally, the soft bottom means that if you really snug it down tight onto the crossbar for maximum stability it wraps round and loses capacity as the crossbar pushes into the bag.

I was tempted to give five stars, as I do like it, but minor niggles listed above prevent full marks. Still recommended though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6