Profile for Swiss Pertelote > Reviews

Content by Swiss Pertelote

Swiss Pertelote "Alice" (Geneva, Switzerland)

Page: 1 | 2
4M - Illusion Spinner
4M - Illusion Spinner
Offered by Building bricks

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs a translator..., 16 May 2015
This review is from: 4M - Illusion Spinner (Toy)
I'm unable to review this properly since all the instructions are in Polish.

LEGO Bricks & More 4635: Fun with Vehicles
LEGO Bricks & More 4635: Fun with Vehicles
Offered by Sirius_trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't quite get over how great this set is!, 29 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my 4-yr-old who loves it nearly as much as I do ;-).
It contains pieces to make:
Buggy
Inspection trolley and car raiser jobbie (don't know the mechanic's name for it)
Equipment trolley
3 different cars
Tow truck
2 minifigures with a whole range of workshop tools
AND if you go on the website there are instructions for LOADS MORE.
My son can build them all with no parental input so it's great for keeping him occupied.

The Creativity Hub Rory's Story Cubes
The Creativity Hub Rory's Story Cubes

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by the whole family!, 7 May 2013
These are brilliant. I bought them to give to my 3-yr-old son, but really they were for me because I was running out of inspiration for his bedtime stories. He loves them so much that I can use them as bribes (I can't fit nine images in at every bedtime so we normally have two or three) so if he's exceptionally good he's allowed to roll another cube. You should see the angelic behaviour this treat prompts... The threat of being allowed only one or two if he's naughty is pretty useful too. They're also great for travel: we can take an important part of his bedtime routine with us in a pocket.
We only use them at bedtime at the moment but I can see how they will develop in usefulness as the children grow older.
He loves them so much that every time I ask what he wants to give somebody as a present, he suggests these. They've even beaten "a train track" and "chocolate" in the competition for pressie suggestions!

Isis and Tamesis. Hours on the River From Oxford to Henley.
Isis and Tamesis. Hours on the River From Oxford to Henley.
by Alfred John Church

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 28 Dec. 2012
This surprised me: I thought it might be interesting for my father-in-law who likes messing about in boats, but in fact I loved it too. It's a facsimile edition so every now and then you have a copy of the British Library stamp in there for authenticity!
The tone is delightfully archaic and it is a great "time-travel" piece in terms of history of attitude, information, technology, geography, sociology... All sorts of things, really.
I'd recommend this for people who like boats, fishing, the Thames / Isis or who have an interest in any of the towns along that stretch of the river. A narrow target market perhaps, but it'll hit the spot very well for anyone in this small category.

Muddy Puddles Childrens Waterproof Bib n Brace (3-4 years, Peacock/Grey)
Muddy Puddles Childrens Waterproof Bib n Brace (3-4 years, Peacock/Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Dec. 2012
Good price, effective product. Nice that it reaches nearly all the way up the front and back of the torso.

Eric Carle's Dream Snow: Pop-Up Advent Calendar
Eric Carle's Dream Snow: Pop-Up Advent Calendar
by Eric Carle
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely calendar - very educational for my 3-yr-old, 16 Dec. 2012
Plenty of people have described how great this is, and I echo their praise, but what I hadn't expected was the bonus, for my little boy, of *not* having to search for numbers. He knows his 1-10 but up to 25 would have been really frustrating for him to search for. Because the numbers here are in order he knows what is next and is now learning his bigger numbers really well!
Also, I love that this is great fun with lots of surprises with NO unhealthy choc!

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Like this a lot!, 22 April 2012
This works really well for us: our son has become much better and more autonomous about getting up at a reasonable hour. Really I give this 5 stars for the idea but 4 for the fact you can't battery power it so there's always a long cable in the way and it's less convenient for travel. I would definitely recommend it, though: we get more sleep now and that always cheers me up!

Uprising (The Fall of Haven Book 1)
Uprising (The Fall of Haven Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea marred by terrible style, 21 Oct. 2011
The concept for this novel is really interesting. The writing itself is drivel. I can put up with typos - I'm not complaining about them. What I found irritating was the repetitive, clunky style that reads like my mid-grade students floundering with an idea too big for them to handle. Tautological and downright ungrammatical at times, I can't believe this writing made it through a publishing house. Shame.

SKINS  She Black/Blue 1/2 Tights Women's Compression Tights - Black/Blue, M
SKINS She Black/Blue 1/2 Tights Women's Compression Tights - Black/Blue, M

4.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit, and my bum doesn't look big in them!, 15 July 2010
I love the skins range, and I would give these five stars were it not for the fact they come up a bit small even in comparison to their sizing. I know they need to compress me, but they are a little too compressive if you're on the edge of the medium/large boundary! They have a different size boundary to the 3/4 leg tights, and I would suggest that in fact, you should be even a bit smaller than the 75kg the size guide recommends. However, apart from that, I can really feel the difference these make - so much so that I've had to stop myself wearing them for everyday training during the taper period before a race so that when I put them on for a race they're an extra boost! More energy, for longer, every time I wear them. If you want to train hard or for long distances, these really help. Just wish I was in Oz so I could get them on prescription!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars ONLY FOUR BAGS, NOT FIVE!, 6 Feb. 2010
This product is mislabelled: the box contains FOUR bags and one filter. Thus it is not such a bargain as it seems to be... The box says the bags are 'five-layer' High Filtration bags, so if you're a moron, perhaps you would misread that as 'contains five bags'.

Page: 1 | 2