Profile for Yicker > Reviews

Content by Yicker

Yicker

Page: 1 | 2
Mens D-Struct Fur Trim Hood Padded Multi-Pocket Winter Coat Jacket S M L XL XXL Berry Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure who this is designed to fit, you'd have to be a funny shape!, 23 Nov 2012
Bought this XXL coat as a gift for a 6'2" XXL man. Received it today and tried it on myself (I'm a medium 5'9" man). The chest and shoulder size seemd fine as that part of the XXL coat buried me. The length also seemed correct for a tall XXL as again it was too long for me. The problem was the arms. I noticed straight away the arms were too short even for me and it was tight accross the back when I put my arms out (which also caused the sleeves to retract even further up my arm!).

So in summary, unless you are tall with a huge chest but with very short skinny arms, this won't fit you!

In terms fo the sellers fulfillment, the coat arrived quickly and was well packed but unfortunately I have had to request a return and refund from the seller today.

Bushbaby kids Minipack pink
Bushbaby kids Minipack pink
Offered by Baby Lurve

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT little backpack, 18 July 2012
This review is from: Bushbaby kids Minipack pink
Nicely made, looks good, made my little girl feel so grown up carrying a bit of her own stuff around. Much better than a set of reins. Buy it.

Garmin Nuvi 2585TV 5" Sat Nav with TV and Europe Maps
Garmin Nuvi 2585TV 5" Sat Nav with TV and Europe Maps

3.0 out of 5 stars UNRELIABLE. DIFFICULT to do software upgrades. NOT particularly recommended, 18 July 2012
When you register it they tell you there's an update needed to stop it crashing. And believe them, it does crash; quite randomly, but strangely when you need it most, such as taking a quick detour off the motorway in Birmingham to get something to eat. Next thing, you 're in the middle of somewhere and you're just following the car in front until you can get somewhere to pull over to reset the device. But to reset it you need to leave it a good few minutes or it just comes back on still locked up. A couple more re-boots and you're back on the road again. It's a great shame as it's a good piece of kit.

Anyway, you go to the website and try to install this over and again, each time your heart will sink as it gets to 75% then teasingly pauses before you end up with the following message:

Software Installation Error

The following files were not successfully installed:
Nuvi 2585TV EU (rgn file)
Please check the following and try the update again:
'Your device must be connected to your computer during the entire software update process.
'Your computer must have a stable Internet connection.
If you retry the update and continue to have problems, please contact Product Support for further assistance.

So then you contact customer support who give you loads of things to do to your computer (the computer which works fine with everything else by the way) and they get you to check all your internet connections, delete temp internet files etc etc. I have no doubt over my machine or connection so I have ignored this and am trying the old "keep turning it off again" method.

Anyway, believe it or not, I've been doing the update over and over whilst I type this and guess what, I think I've got the damn thing going at last. Whilst it was plugged in I "unmounted" the device then "remounted" it whilst the garmin page was still open and retried the install. It got to 97% this time before failing but this time it failed on "keyboard" update not the RGN file from earlier. I ran the updater again and it worked. The garmin is now "flashing" it's data (according to its' little screen) so I wait with bated breath to see if I've now got an expensive paperweight or my GPS going ...

...waiting...

..."calculating checksum"...

...waiting...

...blank screen...

...

...is it booting up?

...it appears to be working at last!!

Whilst I'm on a roll I'm going to try doing my free map update that came with it.

1. Download the updater software. Done.
2. Install software. Done.
3. Software is "communicating with server"
4. "European citymap update is available". Clicked OK.
5. "Your device is being updated with full European Coverage. This process may take SEVERAL HOURS. Thank you for your patience". AARRGGHH!!!! I don't even go to bloody Europe! I only wanted the new junction up the road correcting. Bugger.
6. Downloading. Estimated time remaining 4 hours.

I'm sorry but I'm not hanging around for this, you may never know if it worked or not!

CLOSING STATEMENT:

It has been unreliable so far and I've not got much faith in it even though this update has nw worked. The screen is slow and unresponsive (if you've got an iPhone don't expect anything like that here!). This started as a 1* review (I hate it) but I'm going to have to give it 3* (It's OK) now the update worked but unless you're a computer geek (or luckier than me) I'd wait a while before getting this until they sort out the updates, or buy something else. As I said before, it's a shame because it's a good bit of kit when it works.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2012 5:33 PM BST

Hard Carry Case For Garmin Nuvi 2360, 2415, 2440, 2445, 2455, 2475, 2545, 2585TV, 2515 And nuLink! 2390
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT FIT 2585TV!, 29 Jun 2012
Despite the picture and description this does NOT fit the 2585TV unless you remove the shaped foam inset. This defeats the object a bit as if you do the it rattles around inside. I have turned the foam bit around back-to-front so it holds it kind of securely. There's probably a better solution out there so I'd buy that instead of I were you.

UltraClear-Display protection sheets Garmin nüvi 2585 TV (6 pieces)
UltraClear-Display protection sheets Garmin nüvi 2585 TV (6 pieces)
Offered by my display protection

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 26 Jun 2012
Comes with a set of badly translated instructions. Impossible to put on without getting bubbles or marks in it (and I'm not bad at putting iPhone screen protectors on). Could be, in part at least, down to the "matt" finish on the Garmin 2585 screen but if that's the case then maybe it shouldn't be marketed as compatible. You do get 5 in the pack so when it goes wrong first time you can do it again but don't be surprised if it's not any better by the fifth attempt!

Page: 1 | 2