Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Oakhurst OptiMyst Stove OKT20 with 2kW Fan Heater, Remote Control, H620*W480*D30

4.0 out of 5 stars Still love it after 2 months, 9 Jan 2014
Purchased elsewhere in special offer. Saw them on display and loved the way the optimist worked. Really liked the stove as it was so realistic and can be place in many different positions and rooms. The store I brought it in used a black waste pipe for flue which actually looked very good so if you are really trying to make it look real, a flue may be what you need. I brought a water filter (cheap one) for fill ups as per instructions, not difficult to fill but can run out after a few nights use. Did the cleaning protocol, once done this isn't hard and assembly didn't appear hard either. Steams up a little when refilled, I just open the door for a while till it settles. Paid just under £400 in 20% offer in local diy chain. Felt this was probably a good price at this time. Fan works well, has a thermostat which I wasn't expecting, has remote control or can be controlled from unit. I think if they could get the price down to £350 or less they would fly off the shelves. Best looking electric fire I have seen.

Marionette (The Dark Carousel Book 3)
Marionette (The Dark Carousel Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 5 Dec 2013
the tension continues............Read them all in order, will certainly read them again. If you like mystery, fantasy, suspense and a unique plot you will like these books. Don't be put off by the young adult label, I recommend this series to any adult too.

Kipling Women's Defea Shoulder Handbag Very Berry K13636
Kipling Women's Defea Shoulder Handbag Very Berry K13636

5.0 out of 5 stars great bag,, 5 Dec 2013
Lots of pockets, good value on amazon's sale. Even has cord to hold keys which is very useful. Bigger than I thought so plenty of room to shove loads in! Looks well made, hopefully will last a long time,

Russell Hobbs 19980 Easy Kettle - 1.7 Litre - Black
Russell Hobbs 19980 Easy Kettle - 1.7 Litre - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Unstable, 5 Dec 2013
Brought as cheap on Black Friday deals. Returned item. The base is very odd, doesn't engage well, looks tacky and I fear that it would tip easily if not enough water is in to weigh it down. The hopper can be removed to fill kettle but then has to be replaced to boil. I think the catches and the opening on the hopper look fragile. I can not recommend this item due to its instability.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2014 3:13 PM GMT

Paper Dolls (The Dollhouse Books Book 2)
Paper Dolls (The Dollhouse Books Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, 15 Feb 2013
2nd of the collection. Only read if you have read book one as this continues straight on. Supernatural/Thriller. Twisted plot, explains so much that you were left wondering about in the first book and then BANG, blows your mind away at the end. Cant wait for the 3rd book. Dont be put off by the young adult label, both my husband and I (who are not young adults!) have really enjoyed these books. Well written and unique. well done.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 29 July 2012
not sexy, not erotic, boring, couldnt wait to finish so i could read a proper book. Got my hopes up when our couple got into the glider, thought they might start having sex and crash the aircraft, no such luck! Got to the end but wont be reading the rest of the series. Should be in the 99p bargin basket but at least you can have a laugh about it over a bottle of wine with the girls.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars good twisting thriller, 7 April 2012
Really didn't want to put this down. The idea of waking up each morning with memory loss a first seems to be a receipe for a slow novel, but instead the reader is fed with small pieces of information and doubts are planted as to what is real or imagined. The plot twists as the book develops and the reader is enticed to guess the outcome, hence the frantic need to finish the book. Is this all her imagination or are her suspicions founded? Read it and find out!

Ubik (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
Ubik (S.F. MASTERWORKS)
by Philip K. Dick

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow loved it, 6 April 2012
A full story from Dick rather than a short story which he often does. It captivated me from start to finish. I read it straight after "Do androids dream of Electric Sheep" and would say both books are amongst Dick's finest. Ok its not all scientifically sound but it is thought provoking and reflects the darker side of human nature. The plot has been given away by many other reviews but if you are new to Dick this book is a great start and a relativly easy read. That said I will need to re read it. As with many sci fi books of this nature, I often understand the book better the 2nd time!

Call Me Yesterday (The Yesterday Trilogy Book 1)
Call Me Yesterday (The Yesterday Trilogy Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs a good edit, 6 April 2012
I'm sorry, but unlike other reviews, I found this book very hard to read. It seemed to be padded out with long irrelevant dialog such as comments on the curtains coffee etc. It felt as if the author was trying to make the book longer, this for me ruined the plot as I found myself flipping through my kindle and only finding the plot about every 5 pages. I cannot believe that another 2 novels are to come. I love sci fi especially Philip Dick and Hamilton and Niven so maybe I prefer the old school! I do feel it is expensive and may have been more satisfied if it was in the bargain store.

Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection  1.5 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle, Black
Bosch TWK8633 Styline Collection 1.5 Litre Cordless Jug Kettle, Black
Offered by Princes Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Get rid of the beep and its 5 stars, 6 April 2012
Good capacity, much quieter than our previous kettles. Lid opens wide. The beep is terrible though, both on start and finish, very loud and not needed. So bad we had it disconnected. Now a near perfect kettle. Dont pour before it has turned itself off though as it carries on boiling up the spout. So far one of our best kettles, hope it lasts as its quite expensive.

Page: 1 | 2