Profile for Geoffrey Meredith > Reviews

Content by Geoffrey Meredith

Geoffrey Meredith

The Hydrogen Sonata (A Culture Novel)
The Hydrogen Sonata (A Culture Novel)
by Iain M. Banks
Price: 13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hydrogen Sonata (A Culture Novel), 16 Nov 2012
I have read all of Iain M Banks books so you can consider me a fan. I enjoyed The Hydrogen Sonata but not for the first time with his books I found the ending somewhat abrupt and unsatisfactory. I felt there could have been so much more but the ending felt rushed as if a deadline had to be met and was more important than taking the story further. Iain M Banks is a great writer but sometimes I think it would be better if he spread the story across two or three books allowing greater depth. All to often the lead up is great and the nearer you get to the end it starts to fizzle out.

Don't get me wrong as I stated earlier I enjoyed it and don't regret buying it but it's not one that I will be reading again unlike the 'Player of Games' which I have read several times.

ActiveWrap Foot & Ankle Sm/Med
ActiveWrap Foot & Ankle Sm/Med
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies USA
Price: 31.76

5.0 out of 5 stars ActiveWrap, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: ActiveWrap Foot & Ankle (Sports)
Taken up running in the past few months and after increasing my distance a little to much I suffered pain across the top of my foot. Not a hundred percent sure but I think it is to do with having my laces to tight. Time will tell. Anyway after hobbling for a few days I thought I would try an ice pack and bought the Activewrap. Hard to tell how much effect it has but I use it regularly after a run and it seems to have kept the pain at bay. It is easy to use just put the ice packs in the freezer for at least an hour to ensure they are cold. I haven't tried heating them so cannot comment on that. As far as sizes go I'm a size nine and it's just about right for me. I was in two minds whether to go for this one or the larger one but I'm happy with the one I got.