Profile for Five aces > Reviews

The Incredible Spice Men
by Cyrus Todiwala
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly brilliant book, 21 Aug 2013
This book is fantastic. I have tried four of the recipes in four days and they are amazing because they turn something quite simple into something really special. I did the Bombay mushrooms for my friends and they all thought I'd been having cookery lessons it was so much more interesting than my usual offerings.

The book is a great read, pictures beautiful and the recipes I've done so far were simple to follow.

Spice Trip: The Simple Way to Make Food Exciting
Spice Trip: The Simple Way to Make Food Exciting
by Stevie Parle
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Fantastic!, 15 Dec 2012
I am not a great cook but the recipes in this book are so unbelievably easy and exciting!! I love the way it focusses on six spices because you really get to understand how they work if you cook a few of the recipes. The end results taste extraordinary. I've made the Pulled Pork, Chocolate chill cake, Mulled Wine stew and Nutmeg chicken. Each time I've served them to friends they've commented on how much my cooking has improved. Little do they know! I'm completely addicted and am going to cook my way through the whole book to learn how to use spices. I love the photos too - really atmospheric and make you aware of where things come from - which is really special. Total fan.