Profile for N. S. Moores > Reviews

Content by N. S. Moores

N. S. Moores (Birmingham, UK)

SwitchEasy SW-PUR5-P Pure Screen Protection for iPhone 5
SwitchEasy SW-PUR5-P Pure Screen Protection for iPhone 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic screen protector, 20 Nov. 2012
You might discover that what this package offers is a little bit more expensive than others on the market. I was easily able to find six screen protectors for £3, whereas SwitchEasy are offering two for £10.

Why is this? You might think a screen protector is a screen protector, but, having tried three different ones already, I can safely say that these stand head and shoulders above the others. The cheaper ones are fine to get on, but you notice the difference after two or three weeks. I had scratches all over the cheaper ones, which is fine so long as the screen itself wasn't getting scratched, but it made the viewing experience less enjoyable, and made me want to replace it after about a month. The really did show up much more visibly than you'd expect though, and my guess is that after about 6 months, I would have had a tough time viewing anything on my phone. That's not the case with this product though. I've had it for a month, and the screen is as clear as when I first got it, it's superb.

Firstly, I'm terrible at getting these things on the phone without a bubble bath showing underneath, and trust me, I've had plenty of practise. Thankfully, I think I've just about nailed it with this protector - it's as close to flawless as I think I'll ever get. For me, the key isn't to roll it on from top to bottom, or from left to right, but to gently lay the protector over the screen of the phone (so it barely sticks) and then gently adjust it so that it lines up with the sides, not pushing down too hard until it does. Once the fit is right, use the supplied card to push out any air bubbles from underneath - I like to start at the centre of the screen and work outwards.

iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack
iPhone 5 Screen Protector Guard / Film / Cover / Case 6-in-1 Pack
Offered by ClickJunkie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the price, 4 Oct. 2012
If you're looking for an ultra durable protector for your iPhone 5 that'll keep your screen looking nice and shiny, look elsewhere. If, on the other hand, you want a cheap, but effective protector, that'll eventually require replacing, this will do the job.

This is actually my second screen protector - I got one with a case that I bought, but owing to how terrible I am at getting these things on without bubbles underneath, I bought some spares!

In comparison to the other protector, these feel flimsier, and not as high quality, but there are 6 of them, so for the price, I'm not too fussed. I was able to get these on first time, and with no dust or bubbles underneath, which is practically unheard of with me. Unfortunately, the low quality of them means that fingerprints and smudges show up on them much more apparently than the other protector, and the smallest of scratches look like dents. I suspect a few more weeks of normal wear and tear will result in me having to replace the protector with one of the five remaining ones in the pack. However, so long as its only the screen protector that I'm messing up, and not the screen itself, then it is doing its job!