Profile for John Reveley > Reviews

Ecotek Energy Wizard
Ecotek Energy Wizard
Offered by Surplus Trade Supplies

1.0 out of 5 stars Could this device be costing me money?, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Ecotek Energy Wizard (DIY & Tools)
I have had this device connected to my mains for a couple of years now, I have had no idea whether or not it was helping to keep my electricity bills down.
So as an experiment with my normal usage, I tried unplugging the Energy wizard, and to my amazement my Owl meter actually registered a 0.4p a minute reduction in usage, I repeated the in /out experiment a few more times with the same result, so the energy Wizard appears to be actually costing me money rather then saving it!
If this was typical of it's normal use (I don't know if it is), then it would be costing me £35 a year on my electricity bill.

Manfrotto BeFree Compact Lightweight Travel Tripod
Manfrotto BeFree Compact Lightweight Travel Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travelling tripod, 13 Nov. 2014
Very sturdy tripod, compact and lighter than it's bigger brother 190 ProX which is my main tripod, ideal for taking abroad with luggage weight being such a issue these days, in fact I will be using the BeFree tripod from now on for my outdoor photography because it is so much more 'carry-friendly', yet reliable and well made. Highly Recommended.

Vktech Black Camera 323 Quick Release Adapter with Manfrotto 200PL-14 Compat Plate
Offered by vktech-HK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to camera gear., 13 Nov. 2014
Well made and much more reasonably priced than the Manfrotto original. Very useful addition to kit, allowing you to keep one quick release plate on your camera and fit to different tripods and monopods.

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic for iPhone 5/iPod Touch/Nano
Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic for iPhone 5/iPod Touch/Nano
Offered by Gizmofones

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Genuine, 3 April 2014
I am 99.9% sure that this item was not an Apple product as advertised, it obviously looked very similar but since I already owned a genuine set I could see differences in finish. The sound quality was dreadful, reflecting its low price, the whole point of buying an Apple product is because of the quality the name guarantees. Beware of coloured Earbuds also, Apple make white only.

The Age Of Adz
The Age Of Adz

5.0 out of 5 stars Sufjan Stevens does it again, 1 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Age Of Adz (Audio CD)
Firstly an apology, I cannot hold a candle to the other reviewers here and I will not try, you must read what they have to say for their eloquently penned critique.

I just feel compelled to say my piece.

OMG, Sufjan has done it again with this album 'The age of Adz'.
You see, I love many genres from classical to Rock, but believe me this guy is in a league of his own, he is a musical genius, of that I have no doubt, the like of which has not been seen since Lennon and McCartney, Beethoven or Bach. However appreciation of this does not always come easy, as with much of the better musical works, you often need to go through a pain barrier before the true beauty comes to you.... when it does you will never look back. Sufjan's talent is awesome, don't take my word for it, buy the album and listen listen listen, it's magic will be revealed to you.

Enough said.