Profile for D. E. Condon > Reviews

Content by D. E. Condon

D. E. Condon "Hector" (Shaftesbury, Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Counterpunch
Counterpunch
by Carol Rossen

4.0 out of 5 stars a salutory lesson in impermanence, 11 Nov 2010
This review is from: Counterpunch (Hardcover)
Carol Rossen's reaction to the painful and radical change in her life and self image is courageously portrayed in this intimate account. A less intelligent and less socially conscious woman might have fared better in the circumstances following the attack that she suffered, but her unflinching honesty makes fascinating reading.

Le Creuset Wine Cooler Sleeve, Silver
Le Creuset Wine Cooler Sleeve, Silver
Offered by inandout-distribution

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and easy to store, 29 July 2010
This does what I expected. I don't know if it is possible to keep a bottle cold for longer, but I am satisfied with this.

The Secret Intensity of Everyday Life
The Secret Intensity of Everyday Life
by William Nicholson
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 27 Jun 2010
Elizabeth Jane Howard, in a talk of hers which I attended, had said pretty much what she says on the back cover about the immediacy of the characterization. I was attracted to enjoying the author's artistry. However, I'm afraid I didn't find any intensity secret or otherwise. I haven't finished it. Perhaps I will someday, but it's almost like magazine story-telling. Maybe I've moved on from upper-middleclass behaviour fiction. Sorry.

Digressions on Some Poems by Frank O'Hara
Digressions on Some Poems by Frank O'Hara
by Joe Lesueur

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle primer, 14 Mar 2009
Digressions on some Poems by Frank O'Hara is a gentle primer on the greater understanding of Frank O'Hara's poems, their cultural allusions and the gay life in NYC in the 50s-60s. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was delighted to have found it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3