Profile for Geoff Marlow > Reviews

Content by Geoff Marlow

Geoff Marlow (Cambridge, UK)

Anker® USB 3.0 & eSATA to SATA External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5 or 3.5inch HDD & SSD [4TB Support]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars A tidy way to connect HDDs, 18 April 2014
Arrived quickly and was easy enough to connect via USB 3. I had some difficulty with eSATA but I think that's more to do with my mobo and bios than the dock. I have two other USB 3 desktop backup drives so bought a cheap USB 3 hub and now have the dock and drives all connected via USB 3 to my desktop PC. All in all a great way to get data off old HDDs and use internal drives for external backup.

Artis 5 Way Plug T-Socket Mains Switch Extension Adapter Surge Protector
Artis 5 Way Plug T-Socket Mains Switch Extension Adapter Surge Protector
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Too early to say, 24 Jan 2014
I don't often give reviews but the vendor emailed me saying that this is a new item so they want feedback.

It plugs into a single socket and provides five switched and one unswitched sockets.

I've been using it for about a week and it seems to work OK.

It's too early to tell whether it will be duarable, both time-wise and regarding number of switch cycles.

What more can I say?

Advanced Presentations by Design: Creating Communication That Drives Action
Advanced Presentations by Design: Creating Communication That Drives Action
by Andrew Abela

5.0 out of 5 stars There is life after death-by-powerpoint, 16 Sep 2009
Like many management consultants, my formal presentation skills training emphasised left-brained logic at the expense of right-brained rhetoric and storytelling. Andrew Abela strikes a much better balance. When reading business-books, I'm from the 'scan first, read later if it seems worth the effort' school. Abela's magnum opus is one of those books I've not only read from cover-to-cover but will come back to again and again. It's a very accessible guide and definitely the best book on presentations that I've encountered. I know that's what Gene (Say It with Charts) Zelazny and Jeff (Stanford Professor) Pfeffer say on the back cover, but jacket endorsements aren't always a good guide and you're never quite sure until you dive in. I'd recommend this if you're an experienced presenter who feels that 'pyramid' presentations leave out much of your personality, or if you're a relative newbie who wants to start off on the right track from the get go.