Profile for Big Jim > Reviews

Content by Big Jim

Big Jim "bigjimtheslumberlandking"

PowerLead Bbat PLB001 4800mAh Ultra Slim Rechargeable Extended Charging Case Backup External Battery Charger Power Bank Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4(Black)
Offered by P4mobiles

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, item does not deliver on its promise., 26 April 2016
Does not do what is promised. I have several issues:

- Does not charge back up battery once phone battery has finished charging unless you physically remove and re-insert charger.

- Does not charge phone battery once back up battery has finished charging unless you physically remove and re-insert charger.

- I cannot find a charger that reliably fits the charging point without falling out at the slightest movement. I have a Samsung own-brand charger as well as 3 other third party chargers, none fit snugly. This means I regularly come back to my phone thinking it's had plenty of time to charge, but I find it unchanged.

- I realise the price of the device is because of the size of the batteries, but the flip front cover is very flimsy and made of low-grade material.

- The phone speaker is rendered practically useless as the design of the item does not allow a hole for sound to escape.

On the plus side the kickstand is very effective and the item feels solidly built (apart from the flip cover).

Overall I have felt nothing but frustration using this device. I have even resorted to separately charging the device and my phone, but I just can't rely on it being properly charged once I come back to it. Whilst I admit my phone's battery is on its last legs I expected more from this product.

Inhuman Rampage [Parental Advisory]
Inhuman Rampage [Parental Advisory]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars My sweet lord...., 3 Feb. 2006
Oh holy mother of pearl is this good.
I've always been a fan of power metal like this. Long screaming vocals and guitars just rub me the right way. I'm also a fan of individuals such a Yngwie Malmsteen and Michaelangelo for their sheer technical brilliance with the instrument, as well as the heavy as hell riffs of the ilk of Pantera, Metallica, Trivium, Killswitch Engage etc.
I had never thought to listen to Dragonforce, though I had heard of them, and i stumbled accross Through Fire and Flames on TV and it blew my socks off. Once the song had ended i looked down and I saw an actual puddle of dribble! Disgusting as that is, it demonstrates how much it blew me away. Herman Li and Sam Totman just work so well together, and either would easily rival the likes of Malmsteen and Michaelangelo in a guitar contest.
In one word: WOW. Just go and bloody buy it...

Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online

5.0 out of 5 stars The sweet smell of burning rubber..., 6 Jun. 2004
The gamecube is my passion.
The only problem with that, is that my favourite genre, that of the racer, is nowhere near enough accomodated for. Then my brother bought an XBox for championship manager, and i ended up playing a PGR2 demo.
Then I bought it myself.
This game is a GODSEND. Having been starved of 'real' driving games, this made me want to weep. I have never in my life experienced (gamecube or otherwise) a game that has the driving physics down so perfectly. The cars really handle like they should, and I know having driven a few of the cars in the game, namely the porsche 911, the Honda s2000 and the mini cooper. It really feels like you are sitting in the machine. The game responds like the car would. Exactly.
Two words.
GET IT.

Worms United - Box
Worms United - Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Worms United - Box, 12 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Worms United - Box (Video Game)
If you haven't heard of worms, where have you been?
This game is a classic, in fact it is almost the definition of a classic. It boasts incredibly easy to play gameplay a huge range of weapons, almost infinite levels and cute characters, which are customisable. There's also a cheat (which i wont divulge) that gives you even more weapons than the ones you think you have!
Although the graphics are questionable by todays standards, it doesn't remove from the gameplay, especially if you're playing with friends! Nothing beats the satisfaction of blowing a group of 4 or 5 worms completely off the map especially if they'r not yours!
If you've never played it before, get it anyway! its so cheap it doesn't matter!