Profile for Mr. Adam Malone > Reviews

Content by Mr. Adam Malone

Mr. Adam Malone "evamonkey"

My Little Pony Design-A-Pony Rainbow Dash
My Little Pony Design-A-Pony Rainbow Dash
Offered by Ace Novelties
Price: 29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordered a Dash, sent me a Luna, 28 Dec 2013
Ordered the Rainbow Dash Design a Pony for my Niece for Christmas, received the Princess Luna model instead. Doesn't matter since my Niece loved it anyway.
Just be careful that you get what you order.

Identifying Wood: Accurate Results with Simple Tools
Identifying Wood: Accurate Results with Simple Tools
by R. Bruce Hoadley
Price: 22.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 30 July 2009
For years I agonised over what trees were made from, I thought I had it but then I realised that Aluminium doesn't grow from the ground and sprout leaves.

Then I came across this book and my mind was opened to wonder that is Wood.

Trees - Wood

My Table - Wood

That chair I like to sit on - Wood

Thanks to this book, I can now look at many varnished objects and say to myself, "Yup, that's wood".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2011 5:57 PM GMT

Show Your Bones
Show Your Bones
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah Yeah Yeahs? ...YEAH!!, 3 April 2006
This review is from: Show Your Bones (Audio CD)
I've been familiar of the work of Karen-O & Co. ever since I heard "Pin" on the radio oh so long ago and I had a passing interest in them, not enough to buy an album but enough to bop my head and enjoy the tunes... to me, they were filler music, songs to fill the time in between two rock classics...
...Needless to say I've been wrong before.
To say "Show Your Bones" is a classic, a masterpiece, a titan of our times... would be lying, what "Show Your Bones" is, is a well rounded album filled to the brim with awesome tracks and awesome tunes... this Album has made me a fan of "Yeah Yeah Yeahs" so much so that I'm buying the entire back catalogue.
If you think that the "Yeah Yeah Yeahs" are a filler band, not worthy more then a few minutes of your time... then this album will change your mind.
Karen-O, I salute you.

Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn [1987] [DVD]
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Campbell
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk to the (Severed) Hand, 9 April 2005
If you are looking for a fright filled scare fest that will give you sleepless nights for the better part of the year... go buy The Exorsist.
If you want a slightly gorey, gag-fest with the most Bad-ass of Bad-asses Buy EvilDead II (Dead By Dawn).
I first saw this film on a pirated VHS (I know, please forgive me) when I was 9... needless to say I fell in love with it, now at the age of 23 I can honestly say that this is a "MUST HAVE" for any fans of the horror/comedy genre.
If the word's "Groovy", "Boomstick" or "Workshead" mean nothing to you (admitadly, you'll have to be kind of a die-hard fan to understand the importance of that last word)... then you need to buy this movie now.
So butter up that pop-corn, get a few beers, call all your friends and "Hail to the King, Baby"

Excel Saga - Vol. 2 - Episodes 6-9 And [DVD] [2002]
Excel Saga - Vol. 2 - Episodes 6-9 And [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Takehito Koyasu
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You want weird? YOU GOT WEIRD!!, 19 Aug 2003
HAIL ILPALATZZO!! If you've got the first DVD you know what to expect here, more strange behaviour, more wacky plot turns, more Hyatt dying and some freaky renditions of popular movies
Excell Saga is most definatly the "Airplane" of the anime world

Death: the time of your life
Death: the time of your life
by Chris Bachalo

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cutest Face Of Death, 19 Aug 2003
Wow, I mean wow. I never knew of Death, the Sandman or any of the Endless before I read this book, thanks to this piece of work I can now proudly say "IM A FAN OF THE SANDMAN AND THE SPIN-OFF BOOKS BY GUM".
Thank you Neil Gaiman for opening my eyes to this and all your other works.
BTW: Death is such a babe