Profile for amcl > Reviews

Content by amcl

amcl

Page: 1 | 2
Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM, UK Model)
Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM, UK Model)
Offered by PreisCompany

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME!, 4 May 2014
Bought this Raspberry Pi to make a Robot. Just love it.
Sure, there's more powerful boards out there, but with the amount of resources available on the web and at the price, what is not to like. It's a great for kids and adults starting to learn how to use computers and great for hobbyists to make their own home made Pi.

The Little Book on CoffeeScript
The Little Book on CoffeeScript

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference, 4 May 2014
Started to learn CoffeeScript while making my Ruby on Rails website [...]. This little book is a great resource. I recommend this book for anyone starting out with CoffeeScript.

Caldura 30 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Caldura 30 litre Compact Mini Fridge (White)
Offered by Savers UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fridge on the blink, 4 May 2014
Our main Zanussi fridge decided to break for the third time. This time I was taking no chances with the milk and yogurt while we wait for the fridge repair man, so I bought this mini-fridge (or minion fridge as my small daughter calls it).
Arrived exceptionally fast, easy to set-up, and perfect for keeping our milk cool. Very good purchase.
Yes, it isn't the most silent fridge, but it does the job and excellent as a reserve in case your main fridge decides to break-down.

Crumpler Private Surprise Backpack - XL - 17"W Notebook - Charcoal / Orange - PSBP-XL-004
Offered by IvoryEgg Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 31 Mar 2014
Just what I was after! I use it to carry around my work laptop and it's is great! Comfortable and durable. V.pleased.

HP 364 Print Cartridge Combo Pack - (1 x Black, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta)
HP 364 Print Cartridge Combo Pack - (1 x Black, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice ink. nice price., 29 Mar 2013
My new wireless printer loves these cartridges and produces wonderful print outs. Ever page is sacred and I savour every page it prints with this ink.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Game of Thrones - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Lena Headey

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this season, 29 Mar 2013
Watched the whole box set as fast as I could! Ending is worth the wait. Now I can't wait for season 3. I do wish they make it available for download, rather than waiting for the box set.

iZKA® - 3 Pin USB 1A Charger UK Wall Plug for MP3 MP4 players, iPod, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, Apple iPad, Tablet, Mobile Phones, PDAs, Kindle, TomTom, Navman, Garmin, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Nokia and digital cameras etc - Black
Offered by MedievalMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job nicely, 29 Mar 2013
Slightly anxious about buying this cheap and cheerful product. Don't know why now, as it works as advertised and at a couple of quid it is perfect for powering a Raspberry Pi.
My only gripe, as some other people have mentioned, is the blue light on the casing. Nice to know that it's receiving power, but an unnecessary feature imho.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars nervous about buying, but no regrets now, 29 Mar 2013
I was nervous about buying this product, because of some other reviews and it wasn't official Apple.
Our Macbook 13" white power supply cord started to fray and you could see small wires. I tried buying an official power supply from a high street store at £65! but it did not fit. This one does the trick - it charges the laptop and it seems pretty stable, so far.
Saved our bacon. I wish I'd bought from Amazon instead of fretting about it being a non-Apple product.

Python Basics, Level 1 (Coding Club) (Coding Club, Level 1)
Python Basics, Level 1 (Coding Club) (Coding Club, Level 1)
by Chris Roffey

5.0 out of 5 stars very impressed, 29 Mar 2013
A very nice little book to help youngsters get up and running with Python and coding.
It is focused around the Raspberry Pi, but contains instructions to set Python up on Windows and Mac too.

Philips Fidelio AD7000W SoundAvia Wireless Speaker with AirPlay
Philips Fidelio AD7000W SoundAvia Wireless Speaker with AirPlay
Offered by DinkyCartridges™

5.0 out of 5 stars And you can even set it up using your iPad!, 15 Jan 2013
Excellent product!! Great price too!
When I opened the box and discovered a CD, I thought that I'd need a laptop or desktop to attach the speaker to my wireless network, but no! Instructions show you how to set up the speaker up with your iPod/iPhone/iPad :)
Easy set-up and amazing sound quality! Very pleased.
Having an Airplay speaker is ideal if you want to listen to BBC radio in excellent quality using the BBC Radio/iPlayer iOS App.
There are also plenty of Apps available from the App Store that let you browse networked file systems and play MP3s through your Airplay speaker using your iPad/iPhone.
No faff and no need for an Airport Express to make your speaker wireless.
The only downside is that Airplay is an Apple technology and if you have an Android phone or tablet, then you may have to hunt for a good Android App that lets you play your music through your Airplay speaker. Like MiniDisc, I may be replacing this speaker several years time, but at the price £100 it's a great buy right now.

Page: 1 | 2