Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Sunil > Reviews

Content by Sunil

Sunil (London, UK)

Conquer Basic Spanish: A Short Introduction To Beginners Spanish, Including Spanish Grammar, Verbs and Vocabulary (Learn Spanish Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct. 2015
Very practical, clear and relevant. Covers the essentials that many books don't touch upon. Have bought the verbs book now.

Flash Boys
Flash Boys

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening !, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Flash Boys (Kindle Edition)
Needless to say, he is a fantastic writer! The book didn't quite grab me like Liar's Poker or The Big Short, but it is a real eye opener and very well written.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but limited range of books, 26 Nov. 2010
+ it does exactly what it says on the box, a simple electronic book reader and storer
+ lovely screen with no glare. The screen really looks like a real page
+ adjustable font size
+ good size (like a small paperback book) with lots of storage
+ free downloads via 3G in many countries (I have used the 3G in UK and India)
+ electronic highlights and bookmarks and you can see what others have highlighted
+ you can download your own PDF docs via wi-fi for free
+ you can set up your own directories on the kindle for easy filing

- Limited range of books and periodicals available
- Price of books and periodicals are way too high for an electronic item with no delivery costs
- For some reason, many books are much cheaper on the US site
- Some books are available on US site but not UK site (maybe this is a legal issue?)

I would recommend the leather cover available from Amazon (about GBP 30) Kindle Leather Cover, Black (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2010 11:58 AM GMT

The Elephant and the Twig - The Art of Positive Thinking
The Elephant and the Twig - The Art of Positive Thinking

5.0 out of 5 stars Make it happen !, 3 Nov. 2010
Great read. Positive, punchy, funny and believable. Geoff basically tells us the story of his life - how he started off near the bottom with plenty of negative people around him. Like all of us, he had the choice of either staying where he was or pulling his finger out and making life better. You can figure out which choice he made by the fact that he wrote this book (and the title). He keeps it very real with lots of examples from his own life. His basic message is - if you want a better life (if you really want a better life) then go get it. Stop moaning and feeling sorry for yourself, stop pointing the finger at society and your poor circumstances and just make it happen. He basically tells his life story and splits the book into 14 rules. He has some great one-liners in there too - very funny and right up my street (I'm from Manchester).

There are more inspiring books out there (in my opinion) such as 'You Can if You Think You Can', 'The Power of Positive Thinking' and 'Stop Worrying and Start Living'. But I'm gonna give Geoff 5 stars anyway because the message was simple and effective, I like his humour and he is from the UK so I can relate to a lot of the references (all the other positive thinking writers seem to be American).

PALM T/X Handheld PDA with Bluetooth
PALM T/X Handheld PDA with Bluetooth
Offered by pdarepair

4.0 out of 5 stars Time to get organised!, 21 Mar. 2007
I bought the TX a little while ago (from Amazon, ofcouse) but waited before writing my review. I wanted to test it out first. I bought it because I am working on a mad project and needed to get organised ... quick!. Well, it does the job.

PROS: (1)Easy to use; (2)can read PDF, view Power Point, edit word & excel; (3)Wi-Fi ... e-mail on the go & internet (4) easy to sync with PC; (5) with a 2GB card you can carry you whole desk with you (5) you can use the blue tooth to text/call from you mobile ... it will really impress your friends! (6) great if you work in different timezones as you can enter diary entries in various times so no need to work out the time difference; (7) great for storing passwords if you buy the SplashID software; (8) apparently it does MP3 & movies but I have an ipod video for that

CONS: (1) no SD card provided; (2)cover povided is very basic (although its surprising how quickly you get used to it); (3) Keyboard is very expensive to buy

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality as you would expect from BOSE!, 27 Jan. 2007
I had my doubts about buying this given the mixed reviews I had read on-line. I went to John Lewis to check out the sound, but it's difficult given all the surrounding noise. Eventually I bought it anyway and WOW - the sound is great!

- The remote is very basic (volume up/down, skip song back/fwd and on/off) but it does the job.

- The speakers have no sound settings but obviously you can use the equaliser settings on your ipod.

+ Easy to move around the house

+ Really great sound quality (I really don't understand other people's complaints)

+ Looks good (especially in black)

Sony Ericsson K750i - O2 Pay As You Go Mobile Phone - Black
Sony Ericsson K750i - O2 Pay As You Go Mobile Phone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & Reliable Phone, 22 Feb. 2006
I bought this phone in Dec-05 and am VERY pleased with it after upgrading from the P800. Pros: (1)Excellent battery life; (2)Excellent camera; (3)Shortcut keys are very useful; (4)Excellent graphics/colours; (5)Great sounds and can use MP3 tunes for ringtones can have any song as a ringtone. Negatives: (1)Comes with very small memory card so you have to up grade this; (2)You cannot have different ringtones for different profiles. Overall I love this phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars TomTom Brilliant!, 17 Feb. 2005
I was a bit hesitant about buying this "gadget" and I wondered whether I really needed it seen as I have done without it up until now. I received my TomTom Go only a few days ago and now I can't believe I didn't buy one earlier. It's more than just a gadget. It completely takes the stress out of driving in London. If you get stressed trying to find your way around unknown territory then this is for you. I first tested it on a very foggy night in Kent down some very dark and narrow lanes and I was amazed at how useful this little thing is.
For me, the best features are:
1. Safety: it improves your visibility in very dark/foggy conditions by showing you the contours of the road ahead very accurately, also showing uphill/downhill and allowing you to slow down before sharp bends.
2. Practical: it's very easy to use, install and take off. It's also very small and the touch screen is brilliant and more sensitive/accurate than you might think.
3. No more speeding fines: the fact that you can download SPEED CAMERA warnings onto it is a real plus, not so you can speed, but because it warns you of the black spots in advance - [...]
4.Points of interest: such as petrol station, parking and cash point machines are very useful, especially when you are in a new city.
All in all, a brilliant product. I haven't had a bad experience with it yet, but if I do, I will update this review.

You Can If You Think You Can (Personal Development)
You Can If You Think You Can (Personal Development)
by Norman Vincent Peale

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - it really did change my life!, 16 April 2004
This book was recommended to me by a friend who received it as a Christmas gift. When I bought this book, I was going through a period of being very negative, both at work and at home. I was very cynical and didn't think that my life would change after reading one book ... how wrong I was. Dr Peale really puts life into perspective and makes you realise that there are no magic formulas but everything you need to be a positive person in right there in your head. There are lots of stories which lift you up and make you realise how lucky you are relative to others and they give you the confidence to believe in yourself and the confidence to change your life. He makes it very clear that if you want to change your life, it is up to YOU to change it - if you don't like something in your life the do something about it. He states lots of very simple and abvious things about life that are too easy to forget when you're in a rat race. At the end of each chapter he summarises the main learning points. He does talk about religion a bit, but this is not in any way preaching - he even says that you should take what you want from the comments about religion and ignore what you don't want. My attitude to life really has changed after reading this book (I can't believe I am writing this!) - I will not let my mind be polluted with negative thoughts, I love my job (the same job), I'm laughing and smiling at home and yes, I love life! If you want a more positive and happier life then BUY THIS BOOK!