Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for A. Robinson > Reviews

Content by A. Robinson

A. Robinson "andrewrobinson5" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Valderma Antibacterial Cream Medium 30g
Valderma Antibacterial Cream Medium 30g

5.0 out of 5 stars The best treatment for spots ever., 14 Nov. 2015
This was the only cream that got rid of spots quickly. You could feel it working immediately. There would be a slght sting as you applied it. 6 hours later the spot was actually gone. Most spot creams I tried when I as younger actually had no effect at all. I assumed it had been banned for some reason, but it appears it just wasn't making money, which is a shame. Someone needs to talk to their marketting dept.

Survival Shield X2 - Nascent Iodine 30ml
Survival Shield X2 - Nascent Iodine 30ml
Offered by SuperbHealth

4.0 out of 5 stars The best iodine I've tried!, 28 Aug. 2015
It's expensive, but this is a pretty good product. I take three drops a day and wash it down with water. Compared to other brands this even tastes better and is slightly more viscous. It tastes like a good quality product and less like a poison, which other nascent iodine products can. I ordered two bottles about 5 months ago and I'm still on my first bottle so it's not bad value for money. I have noticed an increase in energy levels and my mind is less fuzzy! It's worth a go, but I'm told it's very strong so if you have any kind of thyroid issues it's worth speaking to your GP before taking this.

Zones
Zones
Offered by Smaller World Future

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of their best.., 25 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Zones (Audio CD)
Very weak indeed. I'm a big Hawkwind fan, but I'd be the first to admit that on some albums it really sounds like they don't give a damn. This is one of those albums and It's not clear what the point of it really is. There's a couple of reasonable tracks Running through the back brain & Dangerous vision & Motorway City, and if you can pick this album up at car boot sale or on e-bay for a couple of quid then it's worth it just for those tracks, but unless you're an absolute die heard collector with the physical space in your house to accommodate something you're probably not going to want to listen to or sell on for very much money, I would say don't bother. Aside from the three good tracks the rest is a mish mash of very poor live recordings which are painful even by 1980's bootleg standards. Give it a miss, I'd say.

Bracoo Medical Grade Tennis/golf Elbow Strap with quality EVA Pad, One Size, Gray
Offered by Comfytopia

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent effective product., 8 Oct. 2014
Immediate relief. My right elbow had been sore for months, probably due to intense gym workouts. Doctor diagnosed tennis elbow and recommended this product. Within two days or so the pain had reduced enormously! Now after a couple of weeks, I'm back in the gym - wearing my band - lifting weights without a problem during or after the workout. Highly recommended!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconclusive!, 8 Oct. 2014
Difficult to be sure of this products effectiveness. I've been taking four capsules a day since I had my first bout of gout about 6 months ago. I've not had an attack since. Sounds good, but I recently had a blood test to check uric acid levels, and my doctor said they were much higher than they were around the time of my last attack. So it seems Uriciplex has done nothing to get uric acid levels under control. I'm going to give it a last go, upping the dose for the next three months or so, but if after another blood test there's been no improvement I'll look for something else.

Big Red Spark -CD+DVD-
Big Red Spark -CD+DVD-

5.0 out of 5 stars Prog rock without the beards, the pixies, wizards, and endless spiralling solos.., 14 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Big Red Spark -CD+DVD- (Audio CD)
Tinyfish are a progressive rock band, but then so are Porcupine Tree, and for some broadminded folk so are Radiohead, even to some degree, the likes of Elbow and Muse. The point I'm making here is that progressive rock is not merely some prehistoric form of forgotten music. By it's very definition progressive rock, progresses and evolves into something new...or at least it should. There are plenty of bands out there who clearly would love to sound like Genesis, or Yes, and try to capture that dearly departed sound. Tinyfish are NOT one of those bands. Although their main influences may lie in the 'Neo prog' movement of the 80's, their sound is extremely fresh, and to my mind they are immeasurably better than any of the Neo bands. Although you can hear snippets of influence here and there, Tinyfish are very much a unique act. The Big Red Spark is leagues ahead of the bands excellent debut album, but continues the Tinyfish formula of a well executed balance between driving powerful rock music, poetry, and incredible atmospheres and textures. As musicians they shine, all of them. Simon Godfrey plays drums on the album, as well as singing, and playing some guitar. Jim Sanders is a fine lead guitarist, with a very melodic flavor not unlike Gilmour or Andy Latimer. Paul Worwood plays some very fluid basslines which bring great excitement to the music. Narrator Rob Ramsey provides the spoken narrative to the BRS concept. Along with a line up of guests including Simons father and brother, on the BRS Tinyfish take the listener into a world seriously screwed up by the invention of a huge machine comprised of peoples thoughts. What once seemed a good idea, and something fairly harmless, things soon get out of control and society just collapses. The story is told from the point of view of the machines creator, both through the song lyrics and Rob Ramseys spoken word. I wont go into the concept any more than that, as I'm still trying to figure some of it out myself. Concept albums are difficult to pull off, especially very cerebral concepts such as this. In terms of concepts, it's a million miles from Tales from Topographic Oceans, and far more mature than The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. It's more meaningful and serious than Thick as a Brick, but I suspect that a great many listeners will find The Big Red Spark more listenable than all of them. For those who can't be bothered with concepts, Tinyfish offer fantastic music anyway. While TBRS should be enjoyed as a while piece the individual songs stand up proudly on their own. The albums opens with Peter Godfrey (Simons dad) speaking as the scientist in old age, looking back at the monster he created in his younger days. The listeners attention is immediately grabbed, by Peter Godfreys commanding narrative (he apparently used to work for the World Service) and is then sucked into the musical vortex of the Big Red Sparks twists and turns. This album is a must for all lovers of prog rock and hard rock, and also anyone who wishes to try something new, fresh and innovative yet still melodic and kind to the ear. This band deserves to be huge.

THE TALL SHIPS [BONUS TRACK]
THE TALL SHIPS [BONUS TRACK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with a bite!!, 6 Oct. 2008
I was a huge fan of It Bites in the late 80's, and when I heard a reunion was on the cards, I was very excited. Yes, it's a shame Frank Dunnery isn't at the helm, but to be honest, when I saw them live a few weeks ago (Sept 2008) in London, new frontman John Mitchel more than proved himself the perfect replacement.

The Tall Ships is a brilliant album. It's geneously laced with all the wonderful ingredients that produce that unmistakable It Bites sound. The production is crisp, the musicanship, as you would expect is first class. John Mitchels lead guitar work is some of his best. The album opens with the catchy and quirky 'Oh My God and drives headlong into the brilliant 'Ghosts' a classy rocker, with an infectious chorus and some nice synthy ambience courtesy of keyboardist John Beck. 'The Wind that shakes the Barley' and 'Great Disasters' are my two favorite tracks on the album. Whilst maintaining the charecteristic accessability, synonomous with It Bites, these tracks ooze prog rock creativty and virtuosity.

The whole package is, bright and positive, and is executed with the fantastic youthful exuberance to be found on their earlier albums. For all It Bites fans of old, who favoured the proggy 'Once around the world' over the more rocky 'Eat me in St Louis' then 'The Tall Ships' is for you. In my opinion, it is much better than 'Eat me in St Louis' and pretty much on a par with 'Once around the world' Enjoy!

FFWD
FFWD
Offered by stevecaptainkirk

3.0 out of 5 stars Prog rock for the chill out room.., 16 Aug. 2008
This review is from: FFWD (Audio CD)
Being a big fan of both progressive rock and ambient electronica, it was inevitable that FFWD was going to get my attention. The early to mid 90's are something of a blur to me now, but I do remember the pleasure of discovering the Orb, Global Communication, FSOL, Irestistible Force etc, and FFWD is reccomended for anyone who had an ear for this scene. Fans of Robert Fripp and King Crimson will know to expect the unexpected from him, but if your inclination is more towards rock than dub and ambient music, this may not be your thing.

The album meanders through some lush soundscapes, where Fripps 'treatments' are sometimes in evidence, although for me, not really enough. This is more like another Orb album, perhaps bridging the awful Pomm Fritz and the brilliant 'Orbvs Terrarvm' It's a worthwhile purchase, and has`some great moments, notably 'Hempire' and 'Colossus' where the Orbs affinity for using beautiful chord sequences and heavy rhythms comes to the fore. As with other Orb albums, especially later efforts like 'Orblivion' and 'Cydonia' I am left feeling that this album was a brilliant idea, which could have been executed slightly better. But on the whole, it's a welcome addition to your collection.

Tinyfish
Tinyfish
Offered by JB's CDs DVDs

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, fresh sounding prog rock.., 18 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Tinyfish (Audio CD)
Despite the diverse list of influences on their 'myspace' page, Tinyfish are really quite unique. Here and there you can pick up on little references to Rush, Marillion and even The Police, but by and large Tinyfish are fresh sounding, accessable and full of energy and original ideas.

The band members are old friends, and have worked on numerous projects in the past. This album is the culmination of over a years hard work, and it has paid off superbly. The musicianship is tight, the songs melodic and memorable. Some of the lead guitar work is brilliant, and is clearly influenced by the likes of Dave Gilmour, Alan Holdsworth and Frank Dunnery. The album, although not a concept album, does have a certain flow; the tracks glued together by some darkly intellectual poetry. The lyrics themselves are equally intelligent, but without any pomposity. There is a good balance between the upbeat and the thoughtfull on this excellent debuit album, and it's highly reccomeded. Best tracks, for me, are 'Motorville' a great rocker of an opener, with a driving rhythim and superb melody line, 'Nine months on fire' and the epic 'All hands Lost'

Hopes and Fears
Hopes and Fears
Offered by Todays Great Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars A cut above the rest?, 4 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Hopes and Fears (Audio CD)
I'm not a 'pop' fan as a rule. I grew up on Heavy Metal and prog rock, and at the age of 36 most chart artists do nothing but grate on my nerves and sound totally irrelevant to me. Keane have managed to cut through my cynicism. 'Hopes & fears' is a remarkable debut album, and for a band so young Keane have achieved an impressive musical literacy. The trio use piano to take the lead in forming the very strong melodies on this album, and pianist Tim Rice Oxley only plays some discreet bass guitar to fill out the bottom end. This formula works in the studio, thanks to a fine production job, but live I would like to see at least a bass guitar..
Keane are refreshing and appeal to me for a number of resaons. They know how to craft a song; how to write strong melodies and make use of techniques more asscociated with artists like The Beatles and Genesis to create a mood of 'positive melancholy' Notably their shifting from major to minor chords, and thoughtfully placed key changes really bring this across. In addition to this Keane are less pre-occupied with being 'cool' and acting like emotionally detached shoe gazings idiots which seems to be the template for most young male artists these days. I wish them all the best.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4