Profile for Kierano > Reviews

Content by Kierano

Kierano

eLifeStore® iPod Classic Premium Leather Case Cover Wallet plus Screen Protector for Apple iPod Classic 80GB 120GB 160GB (Side Flip) - Black
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 8 Jan 2014
I paid £4.50 for this product, including delivery. What can you buy for £4.50 these days? Surprisingly little, so with that in mind the product arrived today and I'm giving my 'straight out of the wrapper' review.

It was well packed with padding inside the product to maintain its shape. Working from the front, the front outside is padded, with the front inside having a hard, flat material inside it. The magnetic clip is a nice touch. Looking at the back, again this is padded. Now turning our attention to the top, there is effectively no top, and so, if your iPod Classic did not snuggly inside, this may be a problem; for me it isn't and having turned the product upside down, there was no indication of the iPod dropping out of it. Looking at the bottom, and this is what lets the product down, since there is effectively a piece of material with a hole for the apple connector, or for docking, which is very crudely cut. Having said that, I have just tested it by attempting to plug the connector in, and it's fine, so even that is no major concern. Finally, looking at the inside, it is very pleasing to the eye and a nice snug fit, meaning your precious iPod shouldn't fall out.

All in, an excellent buy, but only time will tell in terms of how long it lasts. For under five pounds though, this is a bargain.

Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Offered by Rodgers Enterprise

3.0 out of 5 stars Warranty is disappointing, 20 Oct 2013
This is a good all round lens, but after a couple of years I have found that the image stabilisation is problematic, which leaves me with the alternative of shelling out around half the price I paid for it to get it fixed by Canon, or to buy a replacement. For an item that cost just under £400, I would have expected better than a 1 year warranty, particularly when competitors such as Tamron are offering 6 times that. Food for thought, and I will certainly think twice before buying Canon again.

The Photographer's Exposure Field Guide: The Essential Guide to Getting the Perfect Exposure; Any Subject, Anywhere (Photographer's Field Guide)
by Michael Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but a smaller version of 'Perfect Exposure', 26 Feb 2011
I am about 60 pages into 'Perfect Exposure', and finding it technical, but extremely well written. Because of Michael Freeman's reputation, I had also ordered another three books, one of them a pre-order (the book I'm writing the review about now). That book arrived this morning, and imagine my surprise when I opened it and found it to be a smaller version, albeit with a different title, of 'Perfect Exposure'. Now I have to say, what I expected was something I could take out into the field, and I imagined that it would contain technical data for various scenarios that might save me time. However, strangely enough, although I should probably feel cheated, I am quite happy, as this is certainly an excellent enough book to want to pack into one's camera bag; not that I would want to lug the larger version around. So, on balance, I'm happy, but I did want to warn other punters out there that 'The Photographer's Exposure Field Guide' is exactly the same text as 'Perfect Exposure'. The only difference is that it is a smaller binding, and contains convenient tab referencing. It's actually a beautiful production, in terms of format, binding and obviously content, which is why I'm awarding it maximum marks.