Profile for Rebecca Jones > Reviews

Stars Dance
Stars Dance
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Stars Dance, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Stars Dance (Audio CD)
I have liked the previous three albums released by Selena Gomez, especially When The Sun Goes Down but I love this so much more. She has really took a new direction with this album and experimented with different sounds like on Birthday, Like A Champion, Come & Get It and B.E.A.T. There isn't a song on this album that I didn't immediately love, dislike or skip or needed time to get used to and I am constantly playing the entire album on a loop. I can't wait for the next album, hopefully Stars Dance is just the beginning for Selena and her new sound will evolve for the next album.

***5 Favorite Tracks***

Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD]
Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD]
Offered by Amore DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss Me Once, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
I'd just like to say that if you don't already own Kiss Me Once then you seriously need to buy it, I have had it on repeat all week it is that good. Kylie has managed to outdo herself again and make an album that I would say is probably much better than her previous best Fever. There isn't a single song on Kiss Me Once that I would skip, a song that I would forget after a day and a song that I would get bored of.

Favorite 5: Into The Blue, Million Miles, Les Sex, Kiss Me Once and Mr President

Britney Jean
Britney Jean
Offered by davehopetrading

5.0 out of 5 stars Britney Jean, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Britney Jean (Audio CD)
I know people have a lot of bad things to say about Britney Jean but I honestly think this is an amazing album, it has a mixture of up-tempo, dance songs and some of her best ballads since Everytime. I think her vocals are a lot more natural and a lot less over produced and she has co-written all thirteen tracks. The only problem I have is that the album is quite short in my opinion, dome might think that it is the perfect length for an album as it doesn't drag and you won;t get bored but I am a massive Britney fan so I wish it was longer. Other than that it is a fantastic album and I can't wait to hear the next one.

Now That I Found You

English Rain
English Rain
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars English Rain, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
If you don't own English Rain then you really need to go out and buy it, but make sure it's the deluxe edition. This really is an amazingly well put together album that deserves so much more success. Most debut albums aren't that good as the artist or band has just been given songs that are just the same as all songs being played on the radio or they don't know much about making music but some like Coldplay, Florence + The Machine, Ellie Goulding and now Gabrielle Aplin seem to know what they are doing. There isn't one song on this album I would skip or wanted to skip and I only had to listen to the album once to know every song and not forget them the next day. Gabrielle really is a talented singer compared to Rihanna and Katy Perry who are only popular for the way they dress and the auto tune songs they release, I really recommend this album, can't wait for the next one.

Panic Cord

ARTPOP [CD+DVD]
ARTPOP [CD+DVD]
Offered by Entertainment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars ARTPOP, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: ARTPOP [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
If you don't own ARTPOP then you really need to buy it, it is without a doubt the best album of the year (along with Britey Jean when it is released). I love literally every album that I have heard but this is one of the best, I've only had it for a day and already I have constantly had it on repeat. There is a song on ARTPOP that everyone will love as Gaga has been very experimental by going into different genres and succeeding while doing so. I am really looking forward to the next album from Mother Monster and I cannot wait for the tour.

***Five Standout Tracks***
Gypsy

Up All Night
Up All Night

3.0 out of 5 stars Up All Night, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I found this album ok, it's nothing special and it's certainly nothing memorable. They just seem like every other teen appealing boybands. The good tracks are Gotta Be You, One Thing and Tell Me A Lie

Bangerz (Deluxe Version) [Explicit]
Bangerz (Deluxe Version) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Bangerz, 21 Oct 2013
I have loved ever Miley Cyrus album that has been released but Bangerz is by far my favorite album from her and was probably my favorite album of 2013. There isn't a single track on this album that I don't love, that I needed time to get used to and each song has been played multiple times, I've owned this album for 6 months now and I still have it on a constant loop. It has her best tracks to date, especially the ballads like Drive, Wrecking Ball and Adore You. I really can't wait for the next album but I am not yet bored of Bangerz so I can wait for a while. If you don't own this album then I highly recommend you buy it, I know she has put a few people off with her image and live performances but the album really is brilliant.

5 Favorites: We Can't Stop, SMS (Bangerz), Drive, Maybe Your Right, Someone Else

Ellie Goulding Halcyon Maxi Poster
Ellie Goulding Halcyon Maxi Poster
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Poster, 21 Oct 2013
It took me a while before I decided to purchase this poster as you never know what condition they will end up in when you order online. When it arrived it had a crease down the middle but when it was put up it wasn't even noticeable, it is a massive size, bigger than all the other posters I have in my room, even the official ones I got from Ellie Goulding's concerts and it's a lovely picture of Ellie.

Alive [Bonus Track Edition]
Alive [Bonus Track Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Alive, 21 Oct 2013
After hearing Wild, It's My Party and Excuse My Rude before Alive came out I was really disappointed. Who You Are was one of the most amazing albums I had ever heard especially for a debut and it was so different to anything else I had heard. However, the songs released from Alive made the album seem like Jessie has chosen to go down the generic club music route like a lot of other artists. Even after I heard Alive in full I was still quite disappointed, I barely remembered any of the songs. After another listen though I was in love with Alive, I think it's just as good as Who You Are and soon I'll probably think it's better. The only problem is they choose the wrong singles, after a few listens you begin to like Wild and It's My Party but there are songs that people who wouldn't of bought the album would love instantly. There isn't a song I dislike or that I don't have on repeat. If you don't already own this album then you need to go get it, if you have it and aren't so keen on it give it a few more listens and soon you will love it just as much as her first album. Can't wait for the next album.
Standout Tracks - "It's My Party", "Thunder", "Square One", "Sexy Lady", "Harder We Fall", "I Miss Her", "Breathe", "Gold" and "Alive"

5.0 out of 5 stars Overcome Deluxe Edition, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Overcome (Audio CD)
Apart from Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke there are no real amazing singers that have come off the X Factor. I have to say firstly that if you don't have this album already then you need to buy it, you are seriously missing out on amazing music. This album is one of the most amazing I have heard. It has a real mixture of up tempo song and stripped down power ballads, every song has breath taking vocals and there are no auto tuned, repetitive, album fillers. Overcome is absolutely amazing and so is Heartbreak On Hold.
Start Without You