Profile for Rebecca Jones > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
1989
1989

5.0 out of 5 stars Album Of The Year... Again, 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: 1989 (Audio CD)
I have been a huge Taylor Swift fan since the release of Speak Now and have loved everything she has released, including her Christmas EP and the live EP on iTunes and Taylor has never disappointed me. Every album she has released since Speak Now has always become my favorite album released that year, 1989 is definitely this years best album for me. There really isn't a single track out of the 16 that I dislike, get bored of or that I wouldn't listen to repeatedly. Each track has been well written and produced and shows how much Taylor's vocals have improved since her first album was released. I very highly reccommend buying 1989, you will not be disappointed.

Welcome To New York, Style, Bad Blood, I Know Places, Wonderland, You Are In Love and New Romantics are my absolute favorite tracks from the album.

My Everything
My Everything

5.0 out of 5 stars My Everything, 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: My Everything (Audio CD)
My Everything is definitely worth five stars, my second favourite album released this year behind 1989 by Taylor Swift. The only songs I don't really like are the last two songs on the deluxe version which might just be because I haven't yet gotten used to them despite having the album on repeat, apart from them two tracks the others are absolutely brilliant. My Everything has got a very even mix of up-beat dance tracks like Break Free and Bang Bang to soulful ballads like Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart and My Everything, her vocals are also even more impressive now than they were on her first album. Really reccommend you buy this album, I'm really looking forward to album number 3. It's hard to choose the standout tracks but apart from the singles (Problem, Break Free and Bang Bang) the tracks I have listened to the most are One Last Time, Why Try, Love Me Harder, Break Your Heart Right Back, Hands On Me and Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart

Yours Truly
Yours Truly

5.0 out of 5 stars Yours Truly, 29 Oct 2014
This review is from: Yours Truly (Audio CD)
I always liked Ariana Grande on Victorious but when I heard her first single The Way I was completely hooked on her, it was by far one of the best songs I heard last year and I knew instantly that I was going to buy the album as soon as it was released. After just one listen I was obsessed, the album has a really nice throwback to 90s R&B and each song is sung with such perfect vocals, there isn't a track that I dislike. My absolute favourites are Honeymoon Avenue, Tattooed Heart, Piano, Better Left Unsaid and Daydreamin'

Sweet Talker
Sweet Talker

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Talker, 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sweet Talker (Audio CD)
I had a really good feeling about Sweet Talker when I first heard Bang Bang and Burnin' Up and then the promotional songs that were released beforehand but after hearing the album in full I'm quite disappointed, it's nothing like Who You Are or, her best album in my opinion, Alive. There wasn't a single song on her previous albums that I disliked but unfortunately I can't say the same about the tracks on this album, I only like 6 of the 15 tracks on the album. Thankfully I listened to the album before I decided if I should buy it or not and I recommend that you do the same, hopefully her next album will be a lot better than this and hopefully top Alive. Aint Been Done, Burnin' Up, Bang Bang, Fire, Personal and Masterpiece are the only good tracks

Stars Dance
Stars Dance

5.0 out of 5 stars Stars Dance, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Stars Dance (Audio CD)
I have liked the previous three albums released by Selena Gomez, especially When The Sun Goes Down but I love this so much more. She has really took a new direction with this album and experimented with different sounds like on Birthday, Like A Champion, Come & Get It and B.E.A.T. There isn't a song on this album that I didn't immediately love, dislike or skip or needed time to get used to and I am constantly playing the entire album on a loop. I can't wait for the next album, hopefully Stars Dance is just the beginning for Selena and her new sound will evolve for the next album.

***5 Favorite Tracks***

Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD]
Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD]
Offered by Amore DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss Me Once, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
I'd just like to say that if you don't already own Kiss Me Once then you seriously need to buy it, I have had it on repeat all week it is that good. Kylie has managed to outdo herself again and make an album that I would say is probably much better than her previous best Fever. There isn't a single song on Kiss Me Once that I would skip, a song that I would forget after a day and a song that I would get bored of.

Favorite 5: Into The Blue, Million Miles, Les Sex, Kiss Me Once and Mr President

Britney Jean
Britney Jean
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Britney Jean, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Britney Jean (Audio CD)
I know people have a lot of bad things to say about Britney Jean but I honestly think this is an amazing album, it has a mixture of up-tempo, dance songs and some of her best ballads since Everytime. I think her vocals are a lot more natural and a lot less over produced and she has co-written all thirteen tracks. The only problem I have is that the album is quite short in my opinion, dome might think that it is the perfect length for an album as it doesn't drag and you won;t get bored but I am a massive Britney fan so I wish it was longer. Other than that it is a fantastic album and I can't wait to hear the next one.

***Top 5 Tracks***

English Rain
English Rain
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars English Rain, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: English Rain (Audio CD)
If you don't own English Rain then you really need to go out and buy it, but make sure it's the deluxe edition. This really is an amazingly well put together album that deserves so much more success. Most debut albums aren't that good as the artist or band has just been given songs that are just the same as all songs being played on the radio or they don't know much about making music but some like Coldplay, Florence + The Machine, Ellie Goulding and now Gabrielle Aplin seem to know what they are doing. There isn't one song on this album I would skip or wanted to skip and I only had to listen to the album once to know every song and not forget them the next day. Gabrielle really is a talented singer compared to Rihanna and Katy Perry who are only popular for the way they dress and the auto tune songs they release, I really recommend this album, can't wait for the next one.

***Top 5 Tracks***

ARTPOP [CD+DVD]
ARTPOP [CD+DVD]
Offered by MediaMine

5.0 out of 5 stars ARTPOP, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: ARTPOP [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
If you don't own ARTPOP then you really need to buy it, it is without a doubt the best album of the year (along with Britey Jean when it is released). I love literally every album that I have heard but this is one of the best, I've only had it for a day and already I have constantly had it on repeat. There is a song on ARTPOP that everyone will love as Gaga has been very experimental by going into different genres and succeeding while doing so. I am really looking forward to the next album from Mother Monster and I cannot wait for the tour.

***Five Standout Tracks***
Gypsy

Up All Night
Up All Night

3.0 out of 5 stars Up All Night, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I found this album ok, it's nothing special and it's certainly nothing memorable. They just seem like every other teen appealing boybands. The good tracks are Gotta Be You, One Thing and Tell Me A Lie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13