Profile for K. Murphy > Reviews

Content by K. Murphy

K. Murphy "bookhound" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
KAVAJ iPad Air leather case cover "Berlin" for the new Apple iPad Air cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature
Offered by KAVAJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, refined and beautifully made!, 25 Dec 2013
Bought this to go with my Ipad Aero which I bought on Black Friday at my local Apple store.

Told Apple girl that I wanted a leather case for my Ipad and she suggested I looked online. Ordered this one, having done a lot of research reading consumers' reviews.

I was delighted when it arrived. Strong, almost overwhelming smell of leather when taken out of the packet. As expected a little stiff to begin with erecting the stand, but do check out Kavaj website for guidance and read the instructions which come with the case.

I find the case to be elegant, refined, beautifully made and complements my Ipad perfectly.

The Queen's Coronation 1953: The Official Souvenir Album (Royal Collection Publications - Souvenir Album)
by Caroline de Guitaut

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, well written and beautifully presented!, 25 Dec 2013
Great souvenir of the Queen's Coronation Exhibition which took place at Buckingham Palace during the summer of 2013.

I went with my mother who remembered the Coronation day well. We had a great afternoon at the palace going round the exhibition particularly the costumes and the stunningly decorated Queen's coronation dress which was the centrepiece of the exhibition.

The palace had sold out of the book and so we were delighted that we were able to order it from Amazon some weeks later. It is a great souvenir both of the exhibition and Coronation day 60 years ago.

The book is well written and beautifully illustrated with photographs.

Professional Banana Tree Hanger Holder Hook
Professional Banana Tree Hanger Holder Hook
Offered by A&JBargains4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable and utilitarian - should have purchased years ago!, 16 Dec 2013
Finally got tired of eating bananas where pressure marks had damaged the fruit from leaving them in a bowl or on a plate so invested in a banana tree hanger. Did some research at Amazon and chose this one after reading comments on this and alternative options from other customers.

Most importantly this hanger is very stable. The centre of gravity is in the middle. It never topples over, regardless of how big the bunch of bananas is. You can even hang one banana on it if you leave the woody section of a second banana alongside it.

The vertical was a little off centre when I received it and so a few seconds had to be spent bending it back. Clearly this occurred in transit to Amazon as the product was extremely well packed when dispatched.

Overall delighted with my purchase and only wish I had bought it years ago!

Comma MAN425M Manista Natural Hand Cleanser 425 ml
Comma MAN425M Manista Natural Hand Cleanser 425 ml
Offered by OneStopTradeShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hand cleaner on the market for really dirty hands!, 2 Oct 2013
I use this primarily for removing garden dirt, oil, grease, and paint (both oil and water based) from my hands.

The polychips in the cleanser are really good for removing the dirt. There is also a moisturiser in the product to ensure that essential oils are not removed from the hands, drying them out.

It helps, if you really work the cleanser into your hands for a few minutes before immersing them in water to rinse off the cleanser. Pour a small line directly onto a nail brush before running it under your nails.

Once the dirty job is over, and you have cleaned your hands and nails properly, there should be no lingering irritation. Your dirty job will rapidly become a distant memory.

I have been using Comma Manista Hand Cleaner for several years and it is by far the best product on the market. It is far superior to Swarfega or any of the other cleaners you see in stores. Get the squeeze pack, to maintain hygiene rather than the tubs where people put their hands in.

For frequent users, or for a group of people, invest in the 3litre version and pump.
Comma MAN3L Manista Natural Cleanser
Comma MAN3LP 3L Manista Pump

Amazon and the Internet appear to be the only place you can get this product now, as it seems to have disappeared from the high street.

Braun 30B Replacement Foil and Cutter Cassette Multi Black BLS Combi Pack
Braun 30B Replacement Foil and Cutter Cassette Multi Black BLS Combi Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaver now performing as good as new!, 29 Jun 2013
As the title says, my shaver is now performing like it was when new.

I have found that you need to change the foil and cutter around every 18 months in order to ensure the unit continues to give a nice smooth shave. Always change both the cutter and the foil at the same time.

I would strongly recommend this product to other Braun 7000 shaver users.

Yellowstone Walking Boot Bag - Black, 1 Pack
Yellowstone Walking Boot Bag - Black, 1 Pack
Offered by OnlineTyme

1.0 out of 5 stars Zip broke on first use!, 20 Jan 2013
I bought this to house a pair of Stylo Winter Storm Golf Boots size 10 which are lower cut this year. The bag looked good on arrival and exactly what I expected the boot bag to be. So first impressions were good. Unfortunately the zip came off one of the runners when I zipped the bag up with the boots inside for the first time.

I was very disappointed and contacted Amazon who offered a full refund.

This may be better for someone with smaller feet and low cut boots. Please be aware that the boarded base for the soles runs along the long dimension so the boots are meant to be placed in the bag with the heels and collar in line with Y in Yellowstone.

For people looking for a boot bag I would recommend getting the tape measure out and running them over the boots first so that you will know whether the bags on offer are big enough for your needs prior to ordering. I was naive and sadly failed to do this but will not repeat the mistake.

Berocca Orange Flavour Sugar Fee Tailored Vitamins & Essential Minerals For Hectic Lifestyles 30 Effervescent Tablets
Offered by Galenís Choice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to get you going each morning!, 30 Aug 2012
I have been using these for about 4 years now and they are great to pep you up first thing in the morning!

TomTom USB Car Charger
TomTom USB Car Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 24 April 2012
This review is from: TomTom USB Car Charger (Accessory)
Like many other TomTom users my original power lead fell apart after 2.5 years.

I chose this power lead based upon other customers reviews and have been very happy with it so far.

The option to charge other devices using the usb socket on the charger is an additional benefit which I also found attractive.

Braun Replacement Foil and Cutter - SyncroPro, Syncro, TriControl - 7000/4000 Series
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance!, 14 Mar 2012
Delighted with new cutter and foil. What a difference it makes. I originally thought that Braun recommending these be changed every 18 months was just for their benefit. Clearly I was wrong and you do get a much smoother shave after inserting new ones.

I have an old Braun 7570 shaver which came with a clean and renew unit. I would recommend the clean and renew unit for cleaning the cutter and foil as it makes it less likely that you will damage the cutter block compared to using the brush and spray to clean it.

Clean and renew cartridges are available from Amazon and you can even arrange a subscription so that they send them before you run out.Braun CCR3 Clean & Renew Refill Cartridges - 3-Pack

Once your Braun stops giving you a nice clean, smooth shave it is getting time to change the cutter and foil. You won't regret it! It performs just like a brand new shaver!

Garmin Approach S1 Golf GPS Watch - Black
Garmin Approach S1 Golf GPS Watch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for golf!, 31 Jan 2012
I bought this GPS golf watch because I wanted yardage information to the green. I didnot want another instrument to carry separately, either round my waist or attached to my bag, as I have a stand bag and carry all year round. Nor did I wish to buy a product which required an annual contract, so that eliminated SkyCaddie.

I play at The Belfry in Warwickshire, England and all three courses have been mapped by Garmin. For the first few weeks I continued to pace off the distances from the nearest 50 yard marker and found no discrepancy between the paced figures and those generated by the watch.

Having become confident with its accuracy, I have been going entirely with the information from the watch and it has increased my speed of play markedly.

With a decent drive and reasonable weather conditions, all the greens, even on the par 5s are within range with my second shot. Consequently I was not interested in the Garmin G3 and Garmin G5 which show more information such as the distances to all the hazards.

If you are contemplating buying this product, first check with Garmin's website to ensure that your course has been mapped by them, otherwise this product is of no use to you.

I don't normally play more than 18 holes in a day and certainly would not play 36 holes in a day. Consequently, I cannot comment on other reviewers comments that the watch runs out of power, before completing the 36 holes. I charge the instrument up the night before play and return it to time mode on completion of my round.

Overall I couldn't be happier with my purchase and would recommend it to other golfers who just require yardage information to the green.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3