Profile for Missy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
A Classic Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Party with DVD Death By Chocolate
A Classic Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Party with DVD Death By Chocolate
Offered by Smart Games Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Very confusing, needs to be played sober but very funny, 1 Nov 2009
Played this with 5 other friends as part of my halloween dinner party.

The game is pretty confusing, it didnt help that as the planner i was also preparing a 5 course meal and was a character to. Perhaps if we had the extra two 'guests' this might have made things easier. However we found it very funny amid the confusion (it was so bad the killer didnt even realise he was the killer as he skipped the part in his booklet telling him so he was trying to suss out whos the murderer was as well) and it didnt spoil our evening...deffinatly needs to be played sober though!

I would recommend this if you are not a really competitive person who takes a game very seriously as its a good bit of light fun.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 6:12 PM GMT

My Style Studio: Design and Trace Your Own Fashions (Klutz)
My Style Studio: Design and Trace Your Own Fashions (Klutz)
by Klutz
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant item, made me wish I was a kid again!, 11 Sep 2009
I have bought this item for a family friends daughter who is turning 10. As a child I use to have a somewhat similar item which I loved. On arrival I was very impressed with it, the box it came in was sturdy and the templates were of good quality. Only thing is it comes with just a few colouring pencils but this was not a big deal as they can be picked up cheaply in the shops. This item has made me wish I was a kid again so I can have a go and I will be purchasing some more Klutz fashion items for my niece come crhistmas time.

Twenties Girl
Twenties Girl
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as her other books but still worth a read if your a fan, 23 July 2009
This review is from: Twenties Girl (Hardcover)
I love Kinsella's Shopahoilc books (hated the movie though but thats another story)and have enjoyed all her other books shes written.

I think she took a big chance on this book and that the people who buy it will be like me, big fans desperate to devour the next read.

Unfortuntly whilst this book had me laughing out loud at some parts and almost crying at the next it just wasnt a patch on Shopaholic. The character was not particularly lovable, the storyline was not as flowing but Kinsella wonderful way with words does make up for that and I read it in 3 days.

As my title advises this is worth a read but its not her best book to date. Perhaps she set her standards to high and we expect to much now but I have to be honest with this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2009 7:08 PM BST

I Heart New York
I Heart New York
by Lindsey Kelk

5.0 out of 5 stars I love New York to and now I Love This Book, 10 July 2009
This review is from: I Heart New York (Paperback)
This book is great for anyone whos ever wondered what new york is like

Ok so its not exactly realistic, but its the kind of dream we all wish had happened to us if we had ever had a bad break up.

I am looiking to read more from this author in her follow up I Heart Hollywood and I Heart Paris next year.

Read in a day, this is a summer, breazy book perfect for the holidays.

Look who it is!: My Story
Look who it is!: My Story
by Alan Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud funny from start to finish, 1 July 2009
I liked Alan before i read this but afterwards i loved him

This is a chuckle fest from start to finish and i spent several lunch times laughing out loud much to the amusement of my collegues who i have heartily recommended this book to.

This has really made me admire him as we often forget that celebs had a normal existence before they hit the big time and he certainly paid his dues to be where he is now. He has inspired me and i would recommend this book to those who are already fans of Alan and those who are not as after reading this i can guarantee you will be!

Pop Tart
Pop Tart
by Kira Coplin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the bubble gum read you might think, 30 Jun 2009
This review is from: Pop Tart (Paperback)
I admit I bought this book thinking it would be a typical trashy beach book that i could devour in a few sittings.

However this book is not as candy coated as you might expect despite the cover

This book is actually very well written but i would not say it was an easy read. You did need to pay some attention whilst reading it as the plot does not stay on the straight and narrow. Sophie Kinsella this is not.

The author is not as fluid as other chick lit writers but thats not to say this is a bad book. I was suprised at how long it took me to read. Like the first person who reviewed this I usually read a book in a few sittings but this took a good 10 days of picking up and putting down (and even reading another book in between) before i finished.

Pop Tart is not the bubble gum read it is easily mistaken to be. I say give it a whirl and see what you make of it. Its not a bad book but neither is it the greatest read ive read.

Celebrity Bride
Celebrity Bride
by Alison Kervin

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable but spoilt by the main character, 11 Jun 2009
This review is from: Celebrity Bride (Paperback)
I bought this on a whim cos I do like a trashy beach book come summer. To be fair its readable from the 1st page and i devoured it in just a few sittings. It flowed nicely in the same manner as Sophie Kinsella's books but unfortuntly unlike Kinsellas character Becky Bloomwood the main character of Celebrity Bride (Kelly) was vain and up herself to be fair. She openly talked about how attractive she was and how attracted men found her. Being modest was not something she appeared to know much about. Kervin tried to balence this out with the fact that Kelly was a asize 12 and liked primark but failed when she contradicted herself by saying how she 'loved the nice things in life', she also came across as abit spoilt in that she allowed everything to be bought for her by her famous boyfriend. I got so irratated with Kelly I was soon wishing something bad would happen to her and was delighted when it did.

There was a good twist in the book that i did not see coming but most of it was predictable.

If the main character had been abit more down to earth and less up her own bottom this book would have got 5 stars from me.

The Tiger Who Came to Tea
The Tiger Who Came to Tea
by Judith Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable read for children and the adults reading it with them!, 16 Mar 2009
This is the book i recall most fondly from my childhood. When-ever there is a birthday party for a friends child i always buy a copy of this for them. I cant wait to read this to my kids (when i have them) and love the randomness of a tiger popping round for tea and the fact the little girl takes it all in her stride in typical child like innocence.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8