Profile for Missy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Pretty Little Liars: Number 1 in series
Pretty Little Liars: Number 1 in series
by Sara Shepard

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, look forward to reading the rest of the series, 14 Sept. 2010
i picked this book up in the bargain bin at a book shop not realising it was part of a large series. it took some getting into it but a few chapters in and i was hooked. as with any new book it takes some getting use to when it flits between the 4 diffrent character but i am sure that will get easier the more books i read.

this was a interesting novel and made you want to read more. i cant wait to get my hands on the 2nd book and carry on from there but from other reviews i have read that the author keeps you suspended until the last book before really telling you what you have been wanting to know since book 1 which i really respect!

The Gatecrasher
The Gatecrasher
by Madeleine Wickham

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for fans of Kinsella who have read all the shopaholic books, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Gatecrasher (Paperback)
I am really enjoying the books Kinsella wrote in her real name. this is the 2nd novel i have wrote under in real name and i really enjoyed it. i would never have picked this up due to the awful front cover and i think once this relaunched later in the year with a modern cover it will fly off the shelves. however benneath the dreary cover is the most fantastic story which i gobbled up in less then a day. the plot was original, the characters were likable and you could really believe it happening. on to the next one for me!

Rock Chicks
Rock Chicks
by Ronni Cooper

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok book but to many characters in it and spoilt by awful ending, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Rock Chicks (Paperback)
i have picked this book up several times then put it down and left it for a while as i couldnt get into it. however in hospital with nothing to read i had no choice but to plough through it. i think what i disliked the most from the beginning which kept putting me off from going further was the annoying amount of character in it, half of who start off in the book called something totally diffrent to what they are called in the middle of the book after changing their names. some of the characters were quite pointless and i found the chapters were messily edited.

also the ending was truly awful, one of the worst i have ever read. i have read the last 2 chapters several times to ensure i havent missed anything but seriously i still dont have a clue what exactly happened in it, i can say which bit cos i dont want to give the plot away. to be honest it was a let down after putting so much hardwork into reading it. the only bit that i enjoyed about the book was the surprising likability i felt towards the character Coco which i really grew fond of. apart from that this was nothing special and wouldnt recommend it unless your desperate for something to read.

The Temp
The Temp
by Serena Mackesy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great realistic read, something anyone graduating should read!, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Temp (Paperback)
I bought this book as it appears to reflect my life. After getting a great grade in my media based degree i am still working as a p/a trying to make my break. this book told it how it was and didnt sugar coat anything. enjoyable read with a suprising dark twist in it.

Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother
Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother
by Claudia Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars great novel, a must read for chick lit fans, 8 Sept. 2010
i really enjoyed this book and once i read it ordered the new one 'if this is paradise i want my money back' which i enjoyed even more then this one and would recommend to anyone who liked this book. The plot was diverse and even though it came to the familiar 'everything falls into place' senerio it was still well written and worked at.

If This is Paradise, I Want My Money Back
If This is Paradise, I Want My Money Back
by Claudia Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, my new favourite author!, 8 Sept. 2010
I read this book in hospital, probebly not the best place to read it but i got through it in less then 2 days and enjoyed it throughly. it had me laughing out loud much to the displeasure of other patients resting and my poor tummy which was recovering from stiches! It is wrote in a similar way to sophie kinsella who i am also a fan of. the plot is very diffrent and i loved the main character, everything she did i know i would have done if i had been in her situation. this book could have so easily gone wrong had the author gone the obvious way with this book but instead she turned it upside down and made it the success it is! i will be ordering other books by this author now and hope they are just as good!

The Book of Tomorrow
The Book of Tomorrow
by Cecelia Ahern

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read but let down by rushed messy ending, 8 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Book of Tomorrow (Paperback)
This is the first book i have read by this author and was given it as a gift whilst i was recovering from an operation in hospital. It took me 3 days to read and this was mainly because of how slow it was at the beginning it took some getting into. Once I was half way through things picked up and i quickly read on as i was intrigued to see what the outcome would be. I have to say the last chapter was incredibly dissapointing. the whole ending was messy and rushed and i think the author could have come up with something much better then she did. ok the plot is suppose to be magical and i could believe it up to that point but then when i got to the end i felt abit cheated byt the whole thing as the plot could never be concievable. shame as i think it could have been a much better book but doubt i will be reading anything else by this author if this is how she ties up all her books.

Cocktails For Three
Cocktails For Three
by Madeleine Wickham

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for fans of Kinsella who have read all the shopaholic books, 8 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Cocktails For Three (Paperback)
I knew Kinsella had written books before her Shopaholic series in her real name but never really thought to sought them out. However after seeing this book in Asda I decided to give it a go and see what her earlier writing skills were like.
I was pleasently surprised and devoured the book in a day. I have now purchased 2 other books of hers on ebay as i cant be bothered to wait for them to be re-released on amazon later this year. Whilst Kinsella's writing style has changed abit it still flowed nicely and was a very enjoyable read with likable characters. I enjoyed this book alot more then I did Twenties Girl. Look forward to reading the rest of her earlier books.

Sweet Temptation
Sweet Temptation
by Lucy Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming chick lit then you can identify with, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading the other reviews and am so glad I did. I read it in 2 days and loved it. Lucy Diamond is my new favourite author after reading this. I felt any woman could identify with at least one aspect of the book. There was some surpising heart warming moments in the book that i was not expecting. The characters were all very likeable and you really do want the best for them all throughout the book. All in all a very good read.

Dead in the Family: A True Blood Novel
Dead in the Family: A True Blood Novel
by Charlaine Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Filler in book if ever there was one!, 1 Aug. 2010
Well what a dissapointment! As a HUGE True Blood fan and having read the first 9 books in less then a month I was dying to get my hands on this...what a let down it was! This book didn't go anywhere, was slow and was almost like a filler in book. I hope it is leading up to an AMAZING instalment otherwise it was a waste of writing it! All it appeared to be was of sookie tying up several lose ends. Where was the big fight scene that every other book harboured? What exactly is it leading on to? Boring from the word go I managed to read it in 3 days but usually I would have read in a day if i felt it was worth it! I hope this is not what fame does to an author, strips them off their usual talent. I wait for the next instalement with less eagerness but instead a large dollop of dubiousness!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8