ARRAY(0xa54b0a8c)

Profile for D. FOXWORTH > Reviews

Content by D. FOXWORTH

D. FOXWORTH "foxy" (TRAVERSE CITY, MICHIGAN United States)

Never Say Never
Never Say Never
Price: 7.22

5.0 out of 5 stars KIM'S 10TH ALBUM IS A PERFECT 10 !!!, 18 Sep 2006
This review is from: Never Say Never (Audio CD)
After 11 long years, Ms. Wilde returns with her 10th album of original music, aptly titled NEVER SAY NEVER. See, Kim, it never pays to say you have retired from the music business! :) Your fans won't let you!

Being one of Kim's strongest fans in the U.S., I have been on pins and needles to get this CD. It's been in my CD player since the day I got it from Germany and WOW there is not a disappointing track on it. Welcome back Kim! You have made me (and so many, many other fans) very, very happy!

1 PERFECT GIRL: When Kim said she was going to do a rock chick CD, she was not kidding. What a perfect opening song! Sort of reminds me of the duet she did recently with Nena ANYTIME ANYWHERE ANYPLACE.

2 YOU CAME: So much has been said about this remake. So beautiful, and video is fantastic! (Buy the Deluxe edition of your DVD player can play PAL format. You get the video for this song and In Bed With Kim Wilde - the alternate video!)

3 TOGETHER WE BELONG: Beautiful, sexy song. The beginning is so nice, again Nena-ish / Kim Wilde AAA sound.

4 FORGIVE ME: If there was ever a song to wake us up about how we are destroying our world, this is it. Haunting lyrics, gorgeous melody!

5 FOUR LETTER WORD: Always one of my most favorite Kim songs, this remake is now a beauty. Even more beautiful than the original!

6 YOU KEEP ME HANGIN ON FEATURING NENA. How nice to see Nena be a part of Kim's grand comeback. Great song (again)! The original video for this song is still a dance club classic!

7 BABY OBEY ME: The slowest song on the CD, it's beautiful.

8 KIDS IN AMERICA: What would an album of remade Kim classics be without this song? Still the best!

9 I FLY: Another rock chick song! Fantastic! I predict this will become a radio staple before long.

10 GAME OVER: Sexy drums and ryhtms, this song could have been on any of Kim's original RAK albums... it's that classy!

11 LOST WITHOUT YOU: Haunting, sexy, a classic in the making.

12 VIEW FROM A BRIDGE: A welcome Kim original remake, this one is even sexier and more haunting. An excellent selection to remake!

13 MAYBE I'M CRAZY: On Kim's You Came 2006 single, this song is strong enough to stand on it's own. As a matter of fact, I am surprised it was not released by itself as a single. One of my favorite new Kim songs! Excellent, most excellent. Let's see a hot video for this!

14 CAMBODIA Paul Oakenfield Remix: a fitting remake to end this fantastic new album.

Now buy it! Let's make Kim's comeback the best comeback ever! Her fans have known for years that she had much more music in her. Let's hope this is just the beginning of many, many more years of new music!

KIM RETURNS IN FANTASTIC FORM, NOW LET'S SUPPORT HER!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2013 3:54 PM GMT

Window to the Soul
Window to the Soul
Offered by uniqueplace-uk
Price: 10.32

5.0 out of 5 stars ASIA BUT NOT ASIA..., 10 Sep 2006
This review is from: Window to the Soul (Audio CD)
I am pleased to be the first person to review GPS.

I've been a HUGE fan of all the John Payne era ASIA music. (Never really a fan of the Wetton era ASIA music.) Imagine my surprise and disgust when it appeared on the Asia website several months ago that ARCHITECT OF TIME had been shelved. Seemed the original Asia had been reformed. Maybe that's good for so many Asia fans, but it was not good for me. I feel in love with John Payne's voice on AQUA and have been in love with it ever since. Mr. Payne's singing is dynamic, fresh, powerful.

Ever since word surfaced about the forming of GPS, I've been on pins and needles to get their debut CD. But in a way it's not really a debut, is it, as these musical geniuses have been around a long time and involved with Asia. GPS has been the only CD in my CD player for over a week now and I'm sure it will remain in there for some time to come. Simply put... it's brilliant. It's amazing. In my opinion, it's bound to be bigger than Asia!

WINDOW TO THE SOUL: From the beginning of the song (with John Payne's altered voice slowly evolving into his real voice) this is a powerful song. Very emotional.

NEW JERUSALEM: This is one of the best songs on the CD. The message is powerful, emotional, and so fitting for the world today. WE CAN MAKE THIS KINGDOM COME NOT BY SWORD, NOT BY GUN. Could easily have been an Asia song. 8 minutes long, this is a true power ballad.

HEAVEN CAN WAIT: Another excellent song on the CD for sure. So Asia-like. It reminds of TIME TO GO HOME from Aura. John Payne and crew are music writing geniuses.

WRITTEN ON THE WIND: From the opening chords, this one gives you chills. Over six minutes long, the lyrics and the music are powerful. Probably the best song on the CD by far.

I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY: Doesn't sound Asia-ish to me at all. Probably a GPS original. Fantastic.

THE OBJECTOR: If there is a song on the album I like the least, this is it. But hey, there has to a favorite song and a least favorite song on every CD, right? Still enjoyable, though, possibly Asia-ish.

ALL MY LIFE: What can I say about this beauty other than the musical portions are touching and John's voice is amazing?

GOLD: I would guess this is a song that evolved from ARCHITECTS OF TIME. Very powerful, excellent lyrics, excellent harmony.

SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE: Definitely one that reminds me of John Payne era Asia songs. This song helps take away the sting that Payne and Downes are no longer creating genius music together.

TAKEN DREAMS: An excellent ending to the this CD. Another power ballad, definitely not Asia.

As a fan, I can't help but to compare these songs to Asia. After all, Johne Payne and Asia created 5 gorgeous albums together. But John Payne IS Asia, so of course his follow-up band will be compared. But GPS can stand on it's own with or without comparisions. Nearly all of the songs are 5 minutes or longer and each one of them are power ballads in their own right. This is an ambitious album, and I only hope that John can step out of the shadow of Asia and make GPS into another superstar band.

Nowhere on this album am I disappointed. Every time I listen to it, I hear something new and exciting. These men have a strong future in store for them.

(My only question is... I read one review else where that said some of these songs had been carried over from ARCHITECTS OF TIME. Wow, I want to know which songs!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 5:13 AM BST

My Colouring Book
My Colouring Book
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THAT VOICE! AN INCREDIBLE COMEBACK FOR AGNETHA!, 17 May 2004
This review is from: My Colouring Book (Audio CD)
Hello and thanks for reading my review. If you love ABBA or any of Agnetha's older music, you have to get this new, fabulous CD!
It's been 17 years since Agentha released a CD of new, english music. And this is a triumph for her! She hasn't lost it one bit, I tell ya. The opening song, "My colouring book", is haunting and sad but gorgeously rendered. "Fly me to the moon" and "The end of the world" are beautiful standards and Agnetha has covered them delightfully.
If you still miss Abba, you need to get this CD to get a little slice of Abba-like heaven. You'll sure be glad you did! Agnetha's wonderful voice has only strengthed with time. Get it and love it! Don

Body Language
Body Language
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars THREE TIMES IS THE CHARM!, 22 Nov 2003
This review is from: Body Language (Audio CD)
Three times is the charm for Kylie's new CD. The first time I listened to it I thought... Ho Hum. The second time I was still unimpressed. But then, the third time, I feel in love with it! If you remember, KYLIE MINOGUE (white label) was very different for Kylie as as IMPOSSIBLE PRINCESS. Then along came LIGHT YEARS and Kylie was back! Fever was no LIGHT YEARS, but it was an international success. BODY LANGUAGE will be a success too!
Of course, the first single "Slow" is already a hit. And the video... OH LA LA! My next favorite track is "Secret" and it is fantastic! So listen to this three times because three times is the charm!
One comment though... this album reminds me a great deal of DANNII MINOGUE NEON NIGHTS. Has Kylie seen the success of her wonderful sister and is learning some of Dannii's musical direction? Because it reminds me of NEON NIGHTS. But this is not a bad thing, oh no, because NEON NIGHTS is an original, peppy, happy, excellent CD! Buy them both! :) I love you, Kylie!

Slow [CD 2]
Slow [CD 2]
Offered by playanywhere
Price: 2.19

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME - A WINNER - STUNNING - BUY IT!, 7 Nov 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 2] (Audio CD)
Miss Minogue has taken another musical direction in her illustrious career. I think the best word that comes to mind for SLOW is "electronic". But it is UNMISTAKENLY Kylie Minogue and a true hit and a dance hit for the beautiful blonde!
The video on CD1 is awesome - colorful and exciting. If you like looking at bronzed beach body hotties, this video is for you! I cannot wait for BODY LANGUAGE to come out.
I am from the US and have a been a TRUE Kylie fan since the beginning of her career! Way to go Kylie! Love ya!

Slow [CD 1]
Slow [CD 1]
Offered by swankers3
Price: 3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME - A WINNER - STUNNING - BUY IT!, 7 Nov 2003
This review is from: Slow [CD 1] (Audio CD)

Aura [Limited Edition Digipak]
Aura [Limited Edition Digipak]
Offered by rbmbooks
Price: 18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! INCREDIBLE!, 22 Feb 2001
It was well worth the 5+ year wait for "Aura"! Wow! This album is melodic, strong, and exciting! I heartily recommended to all Asia fans new and old. I've always prefered 'new' Asia (with John Payne doing lead vocals) versus 'old' Asia. The highlight of this album for me is the third track - "Ready to go Home". It is extremely spiritual and actually gave me goose bumps! Buy it, my friends, but it!