Profile for Mr. R. J. Sadler > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Sadler

Mr. R. J. Sadler

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BIKESTAR® Premium Design Scooter ★ Best Seller in its Class and recommended for kids aged from 7 years ★ 12s Sport Edition ★ Diabolic Black (matt)
Offered by Star-Trademarks

5.0 out of 5 stars As Solid as The Great Wall of China, 9 Jun. 2015
I bought this for my Grandsons's 7th birthday. I took the time to assemble it before I delivered it. I looked hard at other products but EVERY Amazon customers rated this range of products VERY highly. Despite being shipped from Germany and some reviewers believing this was good solid Bavarian engineering, it seemed obvious to me that this was of Chinese manufacture. Nothing on the boxes or the instruction documents gave any clue as to country of origin but on opening the box, the smell of mothballs was final confirmation. Although all the parts were well made and the design very sturdy, some of the parts were assembled to a standard that was usable but poor and certainly not to any German engineering standard. As I mentioned earlier I was prepared for a bit of tinkering during assembly to overcome the expected manufacturing inconsistencies and have produced a video of the assembly and the problems I encountered. As it is not a review but more of a video instruction manual it is not posted here on Amazon but as two 10 minute videos on a famous "tube" site. Look for Starbike Black Scooter Assembly Pt1 and Pt2.
Despite some issues shown in the video, I have rated the product highly because it represents excellent value for money and when assembled correctly, I judge that it will last several generations and may well become as collectable as the 1970s Raleigh Chopper bike.

BIKESTAR® Premium Design Scooter ★ Best Seller in its Class and recommended for kids aged from 7 years ★ 12s Sport Edition ★ Candy Lila & Diamond White
Offered by Star-Trademarks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Future Collectable, 9 Jun. 2015
I bought this for my Granddaughter's 9th birthday. I took the time to assemble it before I delivered it. I looked hard at other products but EVERY Amazon customers rated this range of products VERY highly. Despite being shipped from Germany and some reviewers believing this was good solid Bavarian engineering, it seemed obvious to me that this was of Chinese manufacture. Nothing on the boxes or the instruction documents gave any clue as to country of origin but on opening the box, the smell of mothballs was final confirmation. Although all the parts were well made and the design very sturdy, some of the parts were assembled to a standard that was usable but poor and certainly not to any German engineering standard. As I mentioned earlier I was prepared for a bit of tinkering during assembly to overcome the expected manufacturing inconsistencies and have produced a video of the assembly and the problems I encountered. As it is not a review but more of a video instruction manual it is not posted here on Amazon but as two 10 minute videos on a famous "tube" site. Look for Starbike assembly pt1 and pt2.

AOA Cases® NEW USB Rechargeable LED Dog Safety Collar Super-Bright LED's Glow & Flash - 5 Colours & 4 Sizes - Your Dog Becomes Highly Visible At Night - Connects To USB Output Devices To Recharge - No Batteries Required - Improved Dog Safety (BLUE, LARGE)
Offered by AOA Cases®

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me, 4 Mar. 2015
Letting the dog out before bedtime for a final wee is no problem for most people unless your garden happens to be over 100 acres. Hunting for rabbits in the dark seems like great idea if you are a dog, but trying to find the dog in such circumstances can be very frustrating if you are waiting in the cold wanting to go to bed. With this collar I can see where he went or where he is and the wild life can see him coming and scatter. It's been a great investment

DSTE 2pcs VW-VBN260 Replacement Li-ion Battery + Charger DC126U for Panasonic VBN260, VW-VBN130 and Panasonic HC-X800, HC-X900, HC-X900M, HC-X910, HC-X920, HC-X920M, HDC-HS900, HDC-SD800, HDC-SD900, HDC-TM900 Digital Cameras (Fully Decoded)

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes 4 or 5 hours to recharge but great value compared to original Panasonic prices, 4 Mar. 2015
Works perfectly in the camera. Takes 4 or 5 hours to recharge but great value compared to original Panasonic prices. The Panasonic original charger requires the battery to be fitted to the camera for recharging. This separate solution is much better.

Aurora 7W GU10 High Power LED Light Bulbs Cool White 4000k 50W Equivalent (3 Year Guarantee)
Offered by Lights4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, at last, 4 Mar. 2015
The best ever
I have had down lighters in my kitchen for 15 years. They started off as 50w halogens but about 4 years ago I changed 5 out of 20 bulbs to LEDs. These 5 were over the central island/integrated table. They were expensive (hence only changing 5) and were excessively blue (around 6000K). After a couple of months I changed them back to halogens because the colour was so annoying. LED bulb technology was progressing rapidly and within a year I had purchased 5 more "new colour" daylight bulbs (4000K) from Amazon. These were 9 watt bulbs, very bright and an excellent white colour. About 6 months ago (despite expecting them to last 20 years or more) one of them failed. I was unable to find a direct replacement and bought a multi-chip bulb as a replacement. Not a good match but adequate. Last week another bulb failed so I researched current technology to find a whole set replacement. With high lumen output, 4000k white and only using 7 watts, I bought another set for less than half the price of 4 years ago. Fantastic does not begin to describe just how good these lights are. Brighter than the previous 9 watt bulbs and with a beautifully diffused white pool of light, these are by far the best LED bulbs I have used.
Comment Comment | Permalink

John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit
John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational? Yes. In electronics? No., 22 Dec. 2014
I bought this technological kit as a possible means of distracting my 10-year-old grandson away from his long-time addiction to video games. There was the possibility that this introduction to electronics would grow into a longer-term hobby with real electronic components. It’s too early to say if this will happen but I can report that this kit was an immediate success. I think the designers of the kit have done an excellent job of persuading young minds that they can be an “electronics genius” by making the simple chunky pieces plug together easily to achieve working electronic gadgets after only 15 to 20 minutes of effort. The excellent book of instructions is so simple to follow. Start at the first VERY simple project and work through the book to more complex (but still simple to make) projects …. that’s the idea that the designers had. However, I guarantee that your youngster will immediately flip to the middle of the book and insist on making a lie detector or burglar alarm. That’s fine, because with your help, the REAL educational element of this kit is learning to follow the very clear circuit plans. Every part is colour coded, shape coded, symbol coded and number coded, so even if your child is dyslexic or colour-blind they should still be able to achieve “electronics genius” status just by copying the circuit picture.

What parent will not be bowled over when their little genius appears and says “listen to this” and proceeds to tune into Radio 1 with his kit of electronic Lego? This kit is truly rewarding at all sorts of levels for both young and old alike, but be warned, your knowledge of electronics after completing all the projects will still be zero. It is a fantastic and stimulating introduction to the world of electronics without ever teaching you anything about electronics. This was brought home to me when I recently visited my grandson and he proudly involved me in building an FM radio. At one stage he asked me to hand him the 100 headphone part.. Puzzled, I asked which part did he mean? When he picked the part he had spoken of and it was a 100-ohm resistor (ohms being the unit of resistance) that was marked with is technically correct symbol 100 W.

You can preview all the project circuit diagrams and kit contents by going to the John Adams website and viewing the downloadable pdf files. See for yourself just how beautifully simple and clear they are.

If my grandson does want to start learning about real electronics then this kit will also serve as an elegantly simple teaching vehicle for understanding how circuits and basic electronic components work.

Samsung M3 Slimline 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 Slimline 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars It just plugged in and works with all my windows ..., 30 Sept. 2014
It just plugged in and works with all my windows pcs. It's compact and quiet and entirely up to expectations

Large Talking Babble Ball-Blue
Large Talking Babble Ball-Blue
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Sept. 2014
Dog loves it but just wish there was an on/off switch sometimes.

50 Sheets Matt White Address Labels 63.5 x 38.1 mm, 21 per A4 sheet, 50 x A4 Sheets 1050 labels (L7160, J8160 Avery TM Compatible) LABELS4U ®TM Branded Product
Offered by Labels4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Value product, 22 Aug. 2014
Great value. No fancy packaging but prints well and sticks OK. Why pay more?

Celestron 71008 25x70 Skymaster Porro Prism Binoculars
Celestron 71008 25x70 Skymaster Porro Prism Binoculars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Star Grazing and being Nosy, 12 Jan. 2014
No I didn't spell it wrongly. I am an occasional sky watcher not an avid star gazer. I carry a pair of binoculars in the car to stop and be nosy from time to time an do a few minutes of bird watching if something catches my eye. I asked for a decent (but not expensive) pair of bins for Xmas but was not trusting my wife enough to let her loose on Amazon. I am on the downhill side of life (along with my eyes), I have imbalanced sight and astigmatism in one eye. I researched many Celestron products and some users were critical of bad collimation. These 25x70s were pretty well reviewed and at a very reasonable price for such a high mag product. I noted that some people thought them heavy and were only usable on a tripod and others were critical of the plastic tripod mount. I already had a decent video tripod but made sure I asked for a steel bracket as part of the present.

They turned out to be a great Xmas gift and I have used them several times in the last month. Easy to focus and to balance out my eye problems. Heavyish, yes but manageable for a few minutes. Looked at planes flying overhead.....the narrow field of view makes it difficult to pick things up quickly. I scanned across the con trails and then followed the trails to the airliner. Amazingly close and crystal clear (great if you are a plane spotter, which I'm not) but you need to to be hand holding to follow moving objects like this.

Left them outside on a tripod for an hour on a cold clear night recently (so that they didn't condense up on coming from my warm house) and then looked at a few stars. As I mentioned earlier I am no astronomer so I was amazed to see a cluster of small stars around a pinkish bright star in the eastern sky. A quick Google search told me I was looking at Jupiter with its moons, surprisingly clear. Our local moon was almost too bright, it completely filled the field of view and was crystal clear. A real wow moment!

Great product, fulfills all my requirements for casual close-up viewing. The carrying case is a bit flimsy but fine for the car. Not a set of binoculars to go walking with but would be great if you owned a submarine or battle cruiser.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3