Profile for WessexMatt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Keep Burning 385 mm Black Wavemaker Dildo
Keep Burning 385 mm Black Wavemaker Dildo

5.0 out of 5 stars Riding the waves!, 11 April 2016
It was a case of love at first sight when I saw this dildo, from the colours to the length to the ingenious waves of pleasure, so I just had to have it!
Although the price is higher than some, you are paying for a well made dildo from high quality materials and well thought out design.
The slimness and flexibility are spot on, enabling you to insert it easily (the waves have a nice amount of give in them too) and to flex nicely around your internal bends.
It wasn't long until I was riding the waves and getting all but about 2 inches into me, the waves giving awesome sensations against the prostate climaxing to a sensational hands free orgasmic delight!
My only negative comment is there is no suction mount which would have been an added bonus.

Not in the Flesh: (A Wexford Case)
Not in the Flesh: (A Wexford Case)
by Ruth Rendell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost the plot!, 2 April 2016
Oh Dear! I used to love a good Ruth Rendell Inspector Wexford novel so was really looking forward to reading a new one, but sadly I got about a third of the way through with this one, thinking it must surely get better soon, but in the end just had to gave up! I couldn't inflict this kind of dreary writing on anyone else so it has ended up in the recycle bin.
Ruth Rendell seems so keen to make some kind of political or social statement that she has forgotten the art of suspense, this is certainly no page turner!

Logic Pro X For Dummies
Logic Pro X For Dummies
by Graham English

3.0 out of 5 stars An ingredients without the method approach to logic pro x, 27 Feb. 2016
Logic pro x for dummies Is best compared to a cook book, i.e. it has the list of ingredients but it doesn't really tell you how to put them all together to bake a finished performance. In some respects that makes it easy to dip in and out of - clarifying certain aspects, but I found in later parts many sections were overly technical without explaining very much at all.
The most irritating aspect of the book though was the abysmal quality of the paper it was printed on, rendering most of the essential screen shots unreadable and hard to relate to the accompanying text. Why go to so much trouble to write a technical book and then print it on newspaper - It's a bit like writing a great song and then listening to it on a cheap medium wave radio!
A book for something as technical as an audio program such as Logic pro, is never going to be easy to write or follow, (video tutorials are a far better option), and generally the author does it a good job, however I feel that simple tutorials showing the construction of a song from ground up to final mastering, would have been a better way to explain and cover the complex interfaces of Logic pro, rather than the ingredients without the method approach.
I found the book didn't teach me anything I didn't know already about the basics of Logic such as general recording and midi editing and failed to explain to me in a way I could comprehend the more medium to advanced features such as compression, EQ and effects.
It is all a matter of what works for the individual though and the first sections may well suit a complete beginner rather than someone like me who knows the basics but is looking to get that little bit more from Logic but still explained in an easy to understand way.

Summer Pumps Mens Boys Summer Canvas Deck Shoes. Elasticated Gussets 7 UK Navy
Summer Pumps Mens Boys Summer Canvas Deck Shoes. Elasticated Gussets 7 UK Navy
Offered by AB hats-accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, good fit and well made., 16 Jan. 2016
This review is from: GORDINI Twin Gusset PUMP (Shoes)
Bought to wear around the house and on the patio as I can't quite bring myself to wear tartan slippers yet!
I'm usually size 7.5 but decided to opt for the size 7 as they are slip ons, because I didn't want them to keep slipping off. The fit is perfect and the padded inside makes them more comfortable and a cut above other deck shoes. Time will tell how long they last, but for the price they appear well made and good quality.

The Story
The Story

5.0 out of 5 stars As fresh sounding as they were 40 years ago!, 20 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Story (MP3 Download)
I almost had a tear in my eye when I read that Runrig's upcoming album of which this is the single from is likely to be their last, but what a way to seal an amazing career, still sounding as fresh as the very first Runrig album I ever played!
The single 'The Story' sung by Rory, starts of in Gaelic, before bursting into an upbeat chorus and then into an uphoric almost dance beat instrumental with Runrig's trade mark soaring guitars and Brian's keyboard wizardry, and of course Runrig's usual fantastic thought provoking lyrics which really do tell a story - make sure you check out the YouTube video too!
I don't expect this will do well in the charts as it's much to sophisticated for your average radio 2 listener or DJ these days, but I honestly don't think that matters one bit, what matters is that it's an unique sound, created and sung by talented musicians that comes from the heart, a sound as vast and magnificent as the great Scottish landscape which inspires it!
Can't wait to see them live in 2016, if you haven't then you are missing out on an amazing experience!
If this is Runrig's last story to tell, then I can't think of a more fitting last chapter.

Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud (12-Month Licence) [Download]
Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud (12-Month Licence) [Download]

1.0 out of 5 stars Adobe rip off!, 24 Oct. 2015
What a joke - over £200 for a years use?
I wanted to have the software to learn to help my career prospects, but at this price it's a total rip off. I'm not a business that can afford ridiculous fees each year.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2015 12:53 PM GMT

STOREINBOX New L Shape Right Angle 3.5mm Male To Female Stereo Plug Adapter Connector for Cellphone Tablet Headphone Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Sept. 2015
Just the job! Works well, took a couple of weeks as wasn't expecting to arrive from china.

Slik Compact II Tripod Black
Slik Compact II Tripod Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, great value tripod., 9 Sept. 2015
After my previous cheap tripod broke I was looking for a really compact, lightweight tripod for occasional use to replace it with and this one seemed to fit the bill at a decent price!
I'm really impressed by the quality, despite the good price, although there are lighter tripods out there, this one seems a lot more sturdy than ones of a similar price and not so prone to being knocked or blown over, although still small and light enough to slip into a rucsack.
It has a built in level bubble situated under the pan head, so it will help you site the tripod level, but not necessarily the camera tilt as you need to tilt the camera in order to view it.
I was impressed by the ability to smoothly pan, as I tend to do a lot of video work, so this is a real bonus especially as cheap tripods I've used before offer really juttery panning.

Sunthin Warm White 12.4 Inch 8W Touch Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting, Touch Switch on/off, Brightness Adjustable LED Light Bar/Under Counter Light Fixtures,540 Lumen

4.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, 13 Aug. 2015
Enough of the 1 line reviews, you my fellow Amazon chums and chumesses deserve something better!
On the look out for a replacement lamp that would sit under a shelf above my desk, and also being an environmentally aware kind of fellow, concerned that we could be under 10ft of water in the not so distant future brought me to this illuminating apparatus.
A lot of LED lamps give off a rather white or blue light, so I was concerned that this might make my room look like a morgue, happily the output is very similar to a traditional lamp, perhaps a little cooler, so apart from the dead bodies my room still looks nice and cosy! (joke!:-)
The dimming feature is a great bonus and is controlled by holding your finger on the touch sensitive on/off button for a few seconds, it's more of an analogue range than set stages of brightnesses and will go from being full on, for when i'm in need of doing some detailed work, to barely visible for those more intimate activities one might use a desk for. (Ahhem!)
So why minus the one star I hear you cry? (or are you just crying) - well the lead that attaches from the 12v transformer to the light is extremely short, barely over a meter long, I had to cut it and then find an old lead to lengthen the cable with, luckily I had done an electrical installation course a few years ago, but I'm guessing most of you probably haven't.
And secondly the packaging, I think I mentioned being environmentally aware (hmm yes, there we go at the top), well the box is about twice the size necessary and instead of being packed internally in recyclable cardboard it comes in a huge foam brick! Come on manufactures get your act together!
Apart from that though it's a great little light, neat, stylish compact and casts a nice warm glow.

Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good everyday speakers, bass a bit woolly., 13 Aug. 2015
After doing lots of research on some decent, affordable speaker to get some decent sound from my macbook pro (not so pro as to have decent speakers!) I decided on the T10s.
First impressions, a nice looking, good quality pair of speakers, reassuringly weighty with responsive knobs that don't distort the sound as you adjust them.
One thing I really like about these speakers is the two sound inputs, enabling you to keep them plugged into your computer (or tv) at the rear, and then plug an mp3 player in at the side. I use them for music production, so I can also plug my synth in at the side and it will mix the sound from the computer, so I can play along with my already recorded audio which is a feature I love.
So 5 stars so far! Now onto the sound;
If you are looking for a set of everyday speakers for a bit of youtube, game playing, the odd bit of music then they are absolutely fine, but for me being a bit of an audiophile I must admit to being a tiny bit disappointed with the overall sound, and this is due to them having a tone control rather than separate bass and treble. Turn the tone all the way down and you get a really wooly muffled sound, as if someone has smothered the speakers under a duvet! It's quite a fine tuning act to get a decent clarity from these speakers, I usually settle for the tone at about the 2 o'clock position but adjusting the tone has no effect on the level of bass, only the clarity of the sound.
So if you listen to music a lot then I would recommend going for something with separate bass and treble control, but for everyday speakers they should suit you fine, I'd probably give them 3.5 stars if I could.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10