Profile for J. Fitzpatrick > Reviews

J. Fitzpatrick (uk)

Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Telephoto AF Lens
Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Telephoto AF Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Jan. 2015
seller v. helpful, arrived v. promptly, exactly as described - many thanks.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2015 8:24 PM BST

Dickies Men's Bib Straight Dungarees, Brown (Rinsed Brown), W30/L32
Dickies Men's Bib Straight Dungarees, Brown (Rinsed Brown), W30/L32

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 5 Jun. 2014
I spent a long time looking for a pair of workwear dungarees as I really wanted the Carhartt ones but they were too expensive, so I tried to find some very similar. I finally settled on the Dickies as they appeared to be made of the same fabric and were half the price! I have been really pleased with them. Several reviews said that the leg length was long so I was already prepared for that and did have to shorten them (but I had had to buy a 32 anyway as the 30 leg was out of stock). They have washed really well, are really comfortable and several people have asked me where I got them when I wear them so think they look ok too! I will definitely buy another pair as they are a practical, sturdy garment perfect for all sorts of jobs. The only downside is that if you need kneepads these do not have a slot for those.

Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class
Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class
by Owen Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 29 Jan. 2012
My partner was reading this, I picked it up and couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. Whilst I accept the criticisms made by the other reviewers, I felt that in order to reach as wide an audience as possible it was pitched just right, and there are a lot of people who would read this book but would not read something that was more theoretical (and I am ashamed to say I have started so many books like that and not finished them). In my view, this really is essential reading for anyone outside of Cameron's privileged elite.

Family Playshade
Family Playshade
Offered by Blyme

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor value for money, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Family Playshade (Toy)
I bought this product from another supplier and it is very poor value for money. It has no ground sheet and very flimsy little pegs so takes off like a kite with the slightest breeze. Make sure you have a look at one of these before you buy it otherwise you will waste your money as we did.

Lowepro Apex 5AW Digital Camera Pouch - Black
Lowepro Apex 5AW Digital Camera Pouch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 10 April 2009
this is the second Lowepro camera pouch I have bought as I really like them. They are compact but still have space for batteries and memory cards, and they offer good protection for the camera.

Using Natural Finishes: Lime and Clay Based Plasters, Renders and Paints - A Step-by-step Guide (Sustainable Building)
by Adam Weismann

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 16 July 2008
This is an extremely useful and well-researched practical guide. Would recommend it to anyone thinking of doing any lime plastering/rendering - and this from a plasterer with 20 years' experience! Paul Fitzpatrick

Tics and Tourette's: Breakthrough Discoveries in Natural Treatments: A Patient and Family Guide
by Sheila J. Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 15 May 2008
as the parent of a child with Tourette's I have found this book to be absolutely essential reading. It was such a relief to find a book which brings together all the latest research, but also provided me with the knowledge I needed to try and understand my child's tic triggers. It helped us to make lifestyle changes which have significanly improved his condition. This is a book I refer to over and over again and would recommend it without hesitation.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2012 9:40 PM BST