Profile for AC > Reviews

Content by AC

AC "Arindam" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Proguard Lin-Ear PR20 music earplugs - hearing protection for DJ's and musicians
Offered by Stompbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it works! Noise - reduced., 30 May 2016
Having occasionally used the 'use-and-throw' variety I thought I would try something more substantial and this was it. For starters, it came as a set of two pairs with a handy little keychain fob case. I tried them out first listening to some musician friends of mine and I was standing right in front of the stage. Normally I can feel my ear muscles (tensor tympani for those who know) clicking away to compensate for the acute peaks in volume and then I come home with a fair amount of tinnitus that takes about a day to clear. This time? Pretty much nothing- I could still hear reasonably well and even played on stage with my friends and got back home with no ringing in my ears!!
In short, they pretty much did the job, and very well too. In fact sometimes, during rehearsals they can damp too much sound so did need to take them off to pick up some of the high frequency details that get taken out immediately. I would recommend these of course, esp. for those concerned about long term effects of loud sounds/noise on their hearing. If I lose these I would get another lot.

Sony Xperia Z3 Screen Protector Pack, Super Clear by Minotaur (6 Screen Protectors)
Offered by Minotaur Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen protector for smarphones, locally manufactured!, 20 Feb. 2016
Very good value for 6 protectors which is useful for multiple phones/ repeat use. Excellent quality and felt like it went on better than other brands. Slight grip to feel when touching the screen after but quite good otherwise, and I am sure it is clearer than the original that came with the phone! I am settled on this make now!

Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black
Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bluetooth headset I have used- a smart headset for the modern smartphone., 20 Feb. 2016
A replacement for my old Sony Ericsson Bluetooth which was starting to come apart, and some online reviews suggested I try this to go with my Sony Xperia. The device is nicely constructed with a good feel to it and even though it looks bulky it is comfortable to wear, and Plantronics will tell you there is a waterproof coating on it so it will survive being used in the rain. Sound quality is excellent and it does have some good noise-reduction facilities as clearly noted by others with clear reduction in car and road noise when I am driving. Frankly I prefer having this on rather than holding the phone to my ear.
The controls are easy and quite solid to feel, including a mute button. Charge time is reasonable and it is fairly self-evident that the charge needs to be kept topped up or it will die mid-conversation.
Setting up, pairing etc. are very easy as per the instructions and it will connect to multiple devices. This is a 'smart' Bluetooth headset so it will tell you who is calling (up to a limit!) and give you the option to verbally answer or reject the call, which is fantastic (and thus truly hands-free in that context)! What it hasn't got yet is voice dialling and that is something to aim for. The old Sony Ericsson phones could be programmed to voice dial and worked very well; current Android apps in this regard are fairly hopeless!
And finally, a very stable device that sits on your ear and does not threaten to fall off with the smallest movement! Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Mono Headset - Black

Karakal PU Supergrip replacement racquet grip - tennis / badminton / squash - Various Single Colours (duo-orange/black, 2 Grips)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best grips I've bought!, 11 Oct. 2015
I didn't buy this for the cosmetic appeal of course; it is much better than the previous Karakal grips I had and in fact has an almost wet feel to the stickiness. So good I bought a few more! Made a real difference to my shots which I can now control better and continued to work even when my racquet was broken at the top till I had to bin it. The new ones have gone onto the others.

Not of This World
Not of This World

5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion is back!!, 10 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Not of This World (MP3 Download)
Had a link from Adam Nitti on Facebook- 'let's see' was my response. What I got is a blend of tight tracks with great musicianship, melodies with that crisp tonality and avant-garde edginess that only fusion brings... If you like the first few Tribal Tech albums like "Spears" and so on, and then thought they got a bit too abstract and self- indulgent, this is where Adam and his great fellow musicians take over. I previewed and purchased pretty quickly.

Live at the Royal Festival Hall: 27th November 1989
Live at the Royal Festival Hall: 27th November 1989

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must buy!!, 9 Jun. 2015
Listen to this! Kai Eckhardt and Trilok Gurtu backing up to form this powerhouse trio for this legendary recording. Every piece is a gem.

Where Musician Ends & Instrument Begins
Where Musician Ends & Instrument Begins

3.0 out of 5 stars OK listening but would wait for better offerings., 9 Jun. 2015
Picked this up following the YouTube video with him and fretless maestro Michael Manring. Influences from Marcus Miller etc clearly apparent but the album, though listenable, has tracks that seem to lose focus; still, a reasonable buy. Good bassist? of course. Maestro?No, but perhaps future offerings will offer some compositional originality and maturity, as this covers funk/hip-hop combinations that are not really that original.

Sony DK48 Magnetic Charging Dock for Z3/Z3 Compact
Sony DK48 Magnetic Charging Dock for Z3/Z3 Compact

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful if you are an Xperia user, 4 Jun. 2015
To be perfectly frank, I only bought this as the price was significantly reduced, and also because I am persisting with the Sony Xperia range of smartphones. It does the job. Compared to the little 3rd party fob-like gadget that frequently disconnected from my phone, this time my phone slots into the appropriate place with a reassuring click and starts charging. Additional extras like having the phone function like a desktop clock in the slightly-inclined-from vertical position are available for those who want to make use of it as such. It is well constructed. Why 4 stars then? Previous such chargers that I purchased have come with a plug and micro-USB connector which then gave the user an extra line to charge with (e.g. to take away to work). Not the case here- I have to use the charger the phone came with, and for the original over-inflated price, Sony could have easily provided a cable and plug!

Karakal PU Supergrip replacement racquet grip - tennis / badminton / squash - Yellow / Green x 1
Offered by RacquetDeal

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't look for any other..., 4 Jun. 2015
Great grips, have them on all my rackets.

Karakal Super PU Multi Colours Replacement Grips - Tennis - Squash - Badminton - Random Colour x 2
Offered by RW-Sportartikel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
Wouldn't use any other...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4