Profile for Wilz > Reviews

Content by Wilz

Wilz "wilson9hb" (Bristol, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HALTI Collar, Medium, Black
HALTI Collar, Medium, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and easy to use., 17 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like all products from Halti, this is well made, substantially constructed and gives the impression that it will last for ages. It is easy to put on with another of their hefty clips and easily adjusted to achieve a comfortable fit.
Again, I find the reflective material a very good idea and reassuring in poor light.
All told, well pleased and, for me, four stars is about the highest rating I normally give.

HALTI Lead, Large, Blue
HALTI Lead, Large, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Second one of these excellent leads., 17 July 2016
This review is from: HALTI Lead, Large, Blue (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm mean with my star rating. So, four stars means it's very good. I already own one of these and have reviewed it. This one is for my other dog!
It's used with a medium sized terrier so the lead is probably a bit hefty but I feel extremely confident that it won't break or fall apart.
Construction is excellent and the catch to attach to the collar is very strong and easy to handle. The reflective material in the weave is a good idea particularly when street walking.
Funnily enough, the least important bit, as I thought, the neoprene in the handgrip, is the most noticeable and makes for a really comfortable grip for the handler.
With no complaints from the dog, I rate this as another high quality, reliable and durable product from Halti.

Igenix AMZ16 Kettle/2-Slice Toaster and Microwave Kitchen Set, White
Igenix AMZ16 Kettle/2-Slice Toaster and Microwave Kitchen Set, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient, compact and well made, 7 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Kettle - small but quick and practical. Not a lot you can say about a kettle!
Toaster - two slice, browns evenly and quite quickly. A good little toaster.
Microwave - plain to look at (aren't they all?) but being just white, fits in with any kitchen colour. Big enough (although you might struggle with the door size for the largest plates) and it cooks well and evenly. This is a mechanical operation - no fancy gimmicks. Set the cook time and cooking level and off you go. Personally, I prefer this. Easy and you are in control. No actual door catch, to open you just pull the door and it opens. This I find better than the usual push button release. Interior lights up when cooking but not on opening the door. Brilliant! Now you can allow the inside to dry out after use without leaving the light on.
One complaint is that it came with a ghastly yellow label on the side which took ages to remove. Why do manufacturers persist with this?
Overall then, this is a basic set, ideal for a couple but not a large household, simple to use and effective. One final point is that it all seems well made so I am hopeful that it will last. It is nothing like the really cheap alternatives that start to fall apart as soon as you take them out of the box. The 2 year guarantee says it all!

HALTI Lead, Large, Red
HALTI Lead, Large, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality again, 7 July 2016
This review is from: HALTI Lead, Large, Red (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm mean with my star rating. So, four stars means it's very good.
I've only got a small terrier so this lead is probably a bit hefty but I feel extremely confident that it won't break or fall apart.

HALTI Walking Harness, Medium, Blue
HALTI Walking Harness, Medium, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Best yet!, 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dog harnesses are a menace. they are either so flimsy that the smallest dog could break free or they are so complex to put on that the average excited pooch will have eaten it's master in frustration before it's safely and comfortably fitted.
Imagine my trepidation when I tried this one A moan is that the instructions, whilst very simple to follow, are rather brief. Still, having actually read the instructions I managed to fit this first time!
Amazing. The part that fits over the head needs to be loose to get it over and is therefore loose around the dogs neck. I prefer that and it doesn't seem to make any difference in use. The handle on top is great and good for steadying the dog when off the lead.
With slight adjustment the belly strap fitted nicely and I was able to control the dog with no discomfort to either party.
After a good walk, I released the dog by undoing one catch and she stepped out of the harness without any bother at all.
So, all told, a vast improvement on others that I have used with the added bonus of having reflective material so as you can spot the dog in the dark!
I like it a lot.

ScotchBlue Painter's Tape Advanced Multi-Surface, 25.4mm x 54.8m (2093EL-24N) - 1 roll

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used masking tape and become so fed up with the mess that I've given up. Other more expensive products leave a residue on tape removal and/or bleed under the tape defeating the whole purpose of using it.
Not so with this product. I've used it twice, once spraying in a shed (on metal) and the other time for interior gloss work on wood. In both cases there was no bleed so the line was good. No noticeable residue either.
All told then, it seems to work really well. At the price, it puts up the cost of decorating but where the finish is important, the cost is, to me, justifiable.
Very pleased.

Warrior 895468 pack PU Work Glove, Black, Size : 10/ XL, Set of 12
Warrior 895468 pack PU Work Glove, Black, Size : 10/ XL, Set of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic! Throw out all your old gloves!, 25 Jun. 2016
Brilliant. In the garden, working in the shed, decorating - good for all. They breathe so no perspiring hands, give an almost natural feel (pruning for instance) are easily fitted into a pocket and, for the price, pretty durable.
For light garden work (every day) they will last for weeks. I usually go through the right hand index finger, soldier on and then get out some new ones. If there's a "leftie" out there, I've got lots of slightly worn left hand gloves!
The point here is, I think, is to forget "gardening gloves that will last for years" or "high quality workmans gloves". In both cases I find they're off more than on because of the lack of feel. With these, I can tie up a plant with cotton string without any problem at all. Such a pleasure to finish a job with clean hands and no soreness.
All told a great hit with me.

Jockey® Brief 2Pack (Large, Black)
Jockey® Brief 2Pack (Large, Black)
Offered by Boxers-and-briefs

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 25 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Jockey® Brief 2Pack (Apparel)
Brilliant. Supportive, cool and comfortable. Best underwear around for me.

STV International STV563 The Big Cheese Ultra Power Trapping Kit for Mice
STV International STV563 The Big Cheese Ultra Power Trapping Kit for Mice

4.0 out of 5 stars Pet friendly and effective, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a clever twist on the old, standard, mouse trap. It is basically the same but clearly designed to get the mouse into position before springing the trap. I assume that the "miss" rate will fall!
So, baited with my favourite (sultanas) I set this in the shed two nights ago. Got it! Not a mouse, but a young rat which had, somehow, worked its way in. Simple matter to unlock the container, release dead rodent into bin and rebait ready for any more unwelcome visitors.
I hate killing animals but mice and rats are such a pest and do so much damage, something has to be done. This way is quick, clean and relatively painless. Much better than poison.
I have a cat (useless) and terrier dog (much better ratter than the cat!) so positioning a trap is critical to avoid collateral damage. This device makes it easy and the trap can be put in the most obvious spot irrespective of pets.
Very good.

Jurni, Sit-on, Carry-on Suitcase - Cobalt Blue
Jurni, Sit-on, Carry-on Suitcase - Cobalt Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the nearly teens and young teens, 10 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My grandson absolutely loves this case! Lots of different compartments for all his bits and bobs including a handy easily accessed removable pod for small items such as ipad, phone, wallet, sunglasses. Items needed for the journey are in their own safe sturdy storage case which is disconnected from the main case at the push of a button so it can then go into the overhead storage on the plane or into the boot of the car without having to remove it again until your destination is reached.
My daughter also loved it because he could sit on the case and scoot it along in the check-in queue with not one moan and completely free from any "Kevin" moments!
A well made case, which like the Trunki I am sure will last for years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20