Profile for Mr. I. J. Kelly > Reviews

Content by Mr. I. J. Kelly

Mr. I. J. Kelly (bournemouth, dorset United Kingdom)

No Place to Hide: How I Put the Black in the Union Jack
No Place to Hide: How I Put the Black in the Union Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing story, 9 July 2016
From the day I began reading, I struggled to put this book down. What a story! So descriptive and detailed, you can imagine yourself there, during a golden age of British boxing.
Christie obviously experienced a lot of hardship and racism. It's a shame, if no surprise, that he was so badly effected by it for so long.

Quarter to Midnight: Fifteen Tales of Horror and Suspense
Quarter to Midnight: Fifteen Tales of Horror and Suspense

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good overall, 3 July 2016
A good anthology of Twilight Zone style short stories. A couple of the twists were a little predictable, but most of them were very good.

This House is Haunted: The True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist
This House is Haunted: The True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, but keep an open mind, 27 Jun. 2016
I found this book extremely interesting and really made me rethink what I thought I believed to be physically possible in in our apparent three dimensional world. Some incredible things happened in Enfield. Things, that until now, I would have thought impossible. Shame about the book's many typographical errors, though.

Ash
Ash
by James Herbert

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, ended badly., 6 May 2016
This review is from: Ash (Paperback)
Right up until the last few chapters I really enjoyed this book. It became very over-descriptive and there was scenes that really weren't needed. There was no real twist at the end, and the fact that an actual zombie made an appearance, cheapened it for me. I think whoever wrote this (as I'm not convinced it was James Herbert) became bored and rushed the ending. As for the final chapter; what a disappointment. And the final sentence of the book was just a kick in the teeth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2016 3:27 PM BST

Gold Spy Pen Camera Mini Cam HD Video DVR Recorder Hidden USB SpyCam -up to 32GB
Offered by Fasun

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor. Really poor., 16 May 2014
I should have known better after seeing the price. The video quality is awful, it's in a permanent zoom, so if you want to video anything from close quarters you're going to be disappointed. You need the pen to be at least 7 meters away to get a decent range. The date on the video is stuck to 2013, and there's no way of changing this. Finally the battery life is only one hour from full charge. So forget any long-term filming. Spend the extra £15 and get a decent product.

Necktie Set 2pcs. blue Paul Malone 100% Silk Mens Tie + Handkerchief
Necktie Set 2pcs. blue Paul Malone 100% Silk Mens Tie + Handkerchief
Offered by Jung GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality product., 14 Mar. 2014
I'd recommend this product. It's a little more expensive than similar items for sale, but you will see where the extra money went. The tie and handkerchief are very stylish and of high quality.

Football Factory (Special Edition) [2004] [DVD]
Football Factory (Special Edition) [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Dyer
Offered by Todays Great Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars If you dislike violent lad movies, you'll hate it, 7 Jun. 2010
If you dislike this sort of thing, you will absolutely hate this. But if you like grimy, violent and honest to real life Brit flicks, you'll love it. I personally have no interest football, but I still liked it. I'm a big fab of Nick Love's work anyway.

Resistance : Fall of Man - essentials
Resistance : Fall of Man - essentials
Offered by trguk

4.0 out of 5 stars My first PS3 experience and I loved it., 6 July 2009
Resistance is a great game. Yes, it does get difficult at times, but like most games, it just takes a little persistence to work out a strategy for each obstacle. Graphics were good for an early PS3 game, story-line was genius and game play controls were pretty straight forward after a couple hours of practice - and thats saying something for me, as I'm no seasoned gamer, and have only just joined the PS3 club.
This game is worth every penny.

28 Days Later (2002) [DVD]
28 Days Later (2002) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Best zombie flick for years!, 30 Nov. 2003
This review is from: 28 Days Later (2002) [DVD] (DVD)
For fans of the 70s/80s zombie film genre, this is a welcome return to form. Its a genuine 18 certificate horror movie with all the blood and gory effects one would expect. The fact that its a British made movie is a bonus, as we don't tend to excel in the horror field.
The features are varied and include a lot, if not all, of the film's promotional material such as an online animated trailer, teaser trailer, and full length trailer. There is also an entertaining 25-30 minute documentary on the making of the film.
This is a uniquely atmospheric horror movie with no teenage beauties or wannabe Hollywood gimmicks. 28 Days Later is a dark, dingey, urban, and genuinely frightening post 80s zombie flick.
About time!