Profile for Sean M > Reviews

Content by Sean M

Sean M

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea., 28 Feb 2013
It always seems to be risky buying shoes or coats online. It was definitely the case here. Despite looking very nice and smart in the picture they weren't really the same in the flesh. The material seemed a bit off and the perforated holes were done sloppily with rough edges. They looked a bit too cheap. I returned them, they would have ruined the look of my rather expensive suit to be honest. I'd rather just go the whole hog and pay and extra thrity quid for some well made shoes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on my hands., 24 Jan 2012
Got this for my sweaty palms and simply put for me it's not working. I have followed the application instructions and eventually tried applications each night for a week but hand on heart nothing has changed. Disappointing as this seemed the answer to my prayers after reading other reviews.

Genuine HTC Micro USB Data Synch Cable with Charging Function for HTC HD2, HD7, HD Mini, Desire HD, Nexus One, Wildfire, Legend
Offered by Brilliant Comms

1.0 out of 5 stars Temperamental and unreliable, 8 Jan 2012
Usually I rarely give one star as a review as I find most products do serve some sort of purpose even if it's not exactly in the way as expected and one star is not very informative or constructive it just suggests bitterness. But, this has just been a terrible piece of equipment for me and when it doesn't work at all in the way it's meant to and makes life very very difficult there's little else you can give it. I can appreciate (as I've seen other reviews)it's been okay for some people on two occasions it's let me down. The reason I replaced the wire I got in the box with my own HTC was because after about a week it simply wouldn't charge my phone or connect to the PC unless the phone was placed in some weird and awkward positions (such as held upside down in a specific area on a bookshelf - yes it really was that awkward and as I had no other charger it took me about 25 minutes to get this right). However, straight out the box this wire had the same problem. The first time it happened I figured it may have been because I wasn't too careful looking after the cable but now I can only assume the wire itself is being made badly at the factory. I'm using the wire with a HTC Desire HD so that also may be the problem, it may just be faulty with that type of phone. For the past month I've been using the wire that came with my mothers blackberry phone and I've had no trouble whatsoever, so I would recommend Desire HD users at the very least (possibly all HTC owners) look for one of them to buy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2012 1:20 PM GMT

Atom Geek T-Shirt (Medium, Red)
Atom Geek T-Shirt (Medium, Red)
Offered by Rinsed

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good., 2 Dec 2011
This review is from: Atom Geek T-Shirt (Apparel)
More loose fitting than I would have liked, I'm fairly slim build but a medium normally which is what I ordered. and a bit big on the shoulders. But it does the job.

Memorie Studio Photo Frame With Cream Mount, Black, 6 x 4
Memorie Studio Photo Frame With Cream Mount, Black, 6 x 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not great., 2 Dec 2011
The inner cream boarder takes up a lot of space, so I had to remove it. But the ordinary sized photo I planned on fitting in there just wouldn't fit in the frame space anyway, luckily I was able to trim it down without losing any of the main parts of the photo. But the frame itself is well made and looks very very nice for such a cheap price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent., 29 Nov 2011
Our dog had a problem with catching ticks from the foxes at the bottom of the garden, constant scratching and whenever you stroked him his bad leg kicked out rapidly due to irritation. We used this on a vets reccomendation and after 2 days the problem had disappeared completely. Now we use one of the packets once a month and we have had no recurrences of that problem or any signs of fleas or other parasites. Well worth the £25
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2012 1:00 PM BST

Official Skinny T Shirt THE STROKES Blue MAGNA M 10
Official Skinny T Shirt THE STROKES Blue MAGNA M 10
Offered by ripleys clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Just order the right size and you'll be fine., 12 Oct 2011
Got this for my sisters birthday as she is a big fan and wanted to buy one when they were playing at a festival but they were sold out. It looks exactly like it does in the picture so you know what you're getting and the material is good enough for day to day use.

JVC HA-FX34-GN-E In=Ear Marshmallow Stereo Headphones - Green
JVC HA-FX34-GN-E In=Ear Marshmallow Stereo Headphones - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price., 12 Oct 2011
The only disappointment is they aren't as bright as pictured, more a mint green which looks a bit dull and cheap. If you're an easy going music listener who doesn't care about 'bass' and technicalities like that they are a good choice. The sound through them is clear and loud enough. Plus the 'marshmallow' material is comfortable in the ear and is one of the only headphone types that doesn't fall out when running. I will be buying a good £50 set of proper headphones for around the house and relaxing on trains etc. though, these are more suitable for a nice cheap pair that will suffer wear and tear during work outs or just through being crumpled in your pocket/bag.