Profile for Helpless > Reviews

Content by Helpless
Top Reviewer Ranking: 379
Helpful Votes: 2097

Helpless "Helpless" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Guilty Gadgets ® - In Car Bluetooth Hands Free Kit For Samsung Galaxy S I9000, Plus I9001, i9100 S2, i9300 S3, LTE, S3 Mini, i9500 S4, S5, S4 Mini, Ace, Tab, 10.1, 2 10.1, 2 7.0, 7 Plus, 7.7, 8 9, Galaxy Note, 10.1, 2, 8.0, 8000, 4, 5 LG Phone, Apple iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5s, 5c, LG Nexus 4, 5, 6, Sony Xperia, S, Z, Z1, HTC, one, S, V, X, M7, M8, Nokia Lumia, 520, 925, 950, 1020, 800
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS PRODUCT, AND GOOD VALUE FOR A STAND ALONE BLUETOOTH HANDSFREE SPEAKER, 16 Dec 2014
Arrived this morning.
Smaller than I expected and everything appeared in order.

This is one of those 'basics' products so don't worry that it arrives in a small non-descript brown cardboard box. That's probably why they can sell it for only £10, there is no fancy packaging.

Paired with my iphone without any issues, sound quality is perfectly good even in a noisy van cab. Easy to charge and sits neatly on the visor. The build quality is fair, but again for this price it is reasonably solid. The fact that it is small is a benefit as it can be tucked away.

Ok so it is cheap, but it works and if you haven't got Bluetooth built into your car it's worth giving it a try.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Nintendo Wii U)
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Nintendo Wii U)

4.0 out of 5 stars SLIGHTLY BETTER GRAPHICS THAN THE PREVIOUS INCARNATION BUT FEELS LIKE AN EXPANSION PACK RATHER THAN A NEW GAME, 16 Dec 2014
New and updated Lego Batman. It follows the same formula as before so while it has very similar gameplay to its predecessors the graphics have been updated a little. It's more like a full sized expansion pack to the previous incarnation but it is still fun though maybe feels a little repetitive or samey in the game play.

While this doesn't detract from its playability and there are a sprinkling of new features you might sit back and think 'I've been here before'.

Mr. Goodlad Worker Complete, 15 Kg
Mr. Goodlad Worker Complete, 15 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars THE DOG SAYS YES TO MR GOODLAD, 15 Dec 2014
Length:: 1:22 Mins

I thought I would enlist the help of our very own Jengo, he has no hang ups about his pedigree of which he has none and is a dog of few words.
He enjoys four things in life, food, walks, family and best of all, sleeping. He is definitely not a working dog.

Jengo showed great enthusiasm when I asked him if he would like to review this product, but then again he was also enthusiastic when he stole the butter out of the dish, opened the bread bin and ate the bread, enjoyed the roast potatoes that were not meant for him, ate the bacon sandwich that had been made for grandad and licked the beans off my nephews plate.

Mr Goodlad dry dog food has a nice meaty smell to it, it is a complete food that can be given dry or can be moistened with water. The size of the biscuits might not suit smaller dogs if they are given dry but they give off a really pungent meaty smell that stays on the palms of your hands for a good length of time.

They say never work with animals or children and when you see the video you will probably agree with me. Finally, no animals or humans were injured or hurt in the making of this short film.

Guilty Gadgets ® - 5m 5 Metre HDMI to HDMI Cable Wire Lead Gold Connector Fast 1.4 Version High Speed With Ethernet Gold Connectors Cable for All Brands including Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG, Sharp, Plasma, LED, LCD, TV, HD, TV's, Xbox 360, PS3, SKY Digital, HDTV, Blu-Ray DVD Player, Philips, HMP2000, Apple TV, Virgin Tivo, Freesat, Freeview Box, Playstation 3, BT, Laptop, Desktop, Netbook, Surround Sound Systrem, Sky Box, F5, HDTV, Raspberry Pi, PS3, MHL, Projector
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars AS GOOD AS HDMI CABLES THAT COST 4x AS MUCH, EXCELLENT VALUE, 14 Dec 2014
5m HDMI lead for £4.99.
Arrived an hour ago so I used it to connect my Panasonic DVD recorder to my Panasonic TV. The existing lead I have cost a good deal more so I thought it would be a good way to make a comparison.

I see no difference in picture quality. So I could have saved a fortune by not listening to those people who think you need to spend lots of money on an HDMI cable to get the best picture quality.

This does the job and at this price it's great value for money, it's as good as cables 4x the price.

Despicable me minions kool lamp childrens boys girls bedroom light bedside table lamp yellow blue
Offered by Home-Expressions

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BUT DON'T FORGET TO BUY THE BULB, IN THE WORDS OF THE MINIONS, 'BEE DOO BEE DOO!', 10 Dec 2014
Upgraded my sons Kool lamp from his old Winnie light to this Minion and he is absolutely over the moon.
It arrived on time and as described.

The lamp itself has four Minion faces on it, you can turn it round to your favourite, my sons being the One Eye.

My only criticism is that they no longer come with a bulb installed. You will have to go and hunt down an E14 screw fit from somewhere.

It is very easy to set up. Peel off the plastic base cover, pull out the lead and plug that is stored inside and unwrap the plastic wrapping. Using a small Phillips screw driver you will have to remove a screw from inside the base then twist a plate and remove the bulb holder. Fit the bulb, replace and twist in the bulb holder and reinstall the screw. That might be a little fiddly if you have big hands. Finally line up the lead with the notch in the base and replace the plastic base cover, which just pushes on.

Ready to go.

Tacwise 180 NAIL ASSORTMENT PACK (4000) 18G
Tacwise 180 NAIL ASSORTMENT PACK (4000) 18G

5.0 out of 5 stars EVEN IF YOU TAKE THE INITIAL OUTLAY FOR A NAIL GUN INTO CONSIDERATION, THESE ARE GREAT VALUE, 10 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ok, 4000 assorted nails for less than £8, I consider that pretty good value. There’s a decent selection of nails too, 15mm, 25mm and 30mm which are good for a great many jobs.

I have been using the Tacwise 191ELS to apply the nails, fixing the back to a double IKEA wardrobe. This is a job that would have taken an hour, instead it took 15 minutes. It was effortless. The nail strips are easy to load into the Nailer and I have not bruised my fingers.

I only suffered a couple of ‘nail jams’ which were easy to clear, it was my technique rather that the nails and once I had got the hang of it I had no further problems.

I’m pretty adept at hitting nails with a hammer, I have a selection for all occasions and if truth be told it’s a fairly straight forward process. Nail, hammer, hit.

This is so much more convenient though, but you do need a power supply and that might not always be readily available, so keep hold of your hammers.

The selection of nails offers really good value and if you don’t believe me then pop down to your local B&Q and see for yourself. I do understand that you still have to have a nail gun to use these nails so the initial outlay is a little more expensive that just a hammer and some nails. The benefit though is the effortless convenience and when you have bought the nail gun, the nails are really good value for money.

The 4000 nails in this pack will last me a fair while. Bad weather is on its way so I’m hoping a few of my fence panels get blow out or damaged so I can go and nail them.

200 Recipes for Kids: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
200 Recipes for Kids: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
by Emma Jane Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars STUCK IN A RUT WITH MEAL TIME, THEN TRY THIS, 8 Dec 2014
A great little book of ideas, especially if you are stuck in a rut and are serving up the same things week after week.
Having one fussy eater in the family, it paid dividends to sit with her and read through the different dishes together.
After a while my little one would point at the pictures and suggest it for tea. I know it's a bit of psychology but it helped and also broadened my horizons somewhat.
There are a series of these books and I have a number of them.
Recommended.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Black, Large
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity with Sleep Wristband - Black, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED: A DECENT BUT A LITTLE OPTIMISTIC AND HAD TO BE RETURNED DUE TO STRAP SEPERATION AND CONDENSATION BEHIND THE SCREEN, 8 Dec 2014
I'd been looking for an activity tracker for some time and finally settled on this device. It needed to be small enough to fit on my wrist together with a wrist watch, that way I only need to take it off when I have to charge it. Also, I didn't want a watch sized tracker, but the basic Fitbit didn't have the stair counter so I settled on this one, a mid-range device.

It is light and comfortable to wear, though I do not have huge wrists the large strap that comes with it was just big enough. It is easy enough to put on and the press through clasp appears robust enough to take some abuse and does not come open in normal use. It feels secure.

It is easy to set the small display once you have paired it with your phone. You program the settings on the free app on your phone that you will need to download. It's a relatively painless set up process but you will need an email address.

Once you have decided on your settings you use the phone to sync the Fitbit to the settings.
If you need to know the full repertoire of what this device can do you will find it is extensive enough for most needs. It does not have a heart rate monitor bit that was fine with me as I didn't need it.

I have been wearing the device for a week now an comparing the accuracy with the Apple Health app on my iPhone 6.

I have to say that the Fitbit is probably a little optimistic in its step counting. This is probably down to the fact that it is worn on the wrist. I noticed that moving my hands around while stationary clocked up steps as did washing my hair in the shower. Incidentally I leave it on in the shower.
Also while laying on the floor while watching a little TV I noticed arm movements added to the count.

Don't take the step count it provides as Gospel, use it as a guide.

Charging is easy, no fiddly connector and it has lasted me approximately 5 full days before it needed recharging. If you have it on continual sync it will use more battery power. On manual sync it lasts days. All information is stored on your phone.

The sleep monitor though is quite accurate, it's interesting to see how restless your good nights sleep was. Quite enlightening.

All in all this is a very decent activity tracker and at a reasonable price. It has a huge number of features that I have no compulsion to use but it can give me an approximation of miles covered and steps taken.

I am very happy with it and I am happy I purchased this one rather than the cheaper model, solely on account that it records stairs climbed.

UPDATED;

The Fitbit Charge stopped working today after I noticed the strap separating from the module and condensation forming behind the screen. Now refuses to charge and has stopped working. I have returned it to Amazon and they will replace it.

Laser 3451 Torque Wrench 5-25nm 1/4"d
Laser 3451 Torque Wrench 5-25nm 1/4"d

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST THE JOB, 7 Dec 2014
I needed a small Torque Wrench to fit a roof rack to my van. It did the job perfectly. Nicely presented, easy to use and adjust and has quality to match.

Guardians of the Galaxy [DVD]
Guardians of the Galaxy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars MARVEL ON STEROIDS, A CLASSIC SPACE ADVENTURE, 7 Dec 2014
A riot of a film that doesn't take itself too seriously. An 'in your face' action film, none stop storyline, good acting and some real humour. Buy this for your sci-fi fan for Christmas as it will beat anything that he TV has to offer. It's Marvel on steroids and well worth a watch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20