Profile for Helpless > Reviews

Content by Helpless
Top Reviewer Ranking: 355

Helpless "Helpless" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Speedo Boy's Endurance+ Classic Aquashort - Size 26 Inches, Black
Speedo Boy's Endurance+ Classic Aquashort - Size 26 Inches, Black
Offered by Wisdens Sports

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT 26" AS CLAIMED, 17 April 2015
While the shorts are probably reasonable quality, the sizing we ordered 26" was a tad over optimistic. 26" (inches?) is wrong as they are only 60cm at the waist which is actually printed on the small label.

26"= 66cm so they fall short by 6cm. Unfortunately on the GB bit of the label it says 8yrs/26 but inches are not mentioned. On the AUS part of the label it states 60cm, this is correct.
Obviously a conversation problem from Imperial into Metric.

RE Camera - Blue (16MP, 1080p Full HD Picture and Video)
RE Camera - Blue (16MP, 1080p Full HD Picture and Video)

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL, CHIC AND QUIRKY, 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What an unusual and clever little device this, it even comes in quirky packaging.

Firstly, from a design perspective it is highly unusual, it looks like a bit of plastic pipe that has broken off from under the sink, except of course that this one is blue. It is also small, it can be hidden behind an iPhone 5 and you won't see the edges. It has a large button on the outside bend and two operating lights, one on the front and one above the button.

It is extremely light weight.

I paired this with an iPhone 6, it was a simple case of downloading the app from the App Store, installing and following the instructions.

For the iPhone, you will need to search for the device as it has its own wi-fi network, not bluetooth. Once connected you can use you phone as a live view finder or take pot luck point and shoot then download to the app and see what kind of photos you have taken.

Full HD can be recorded, photos can be taken in various resolutions and you can even take time lapse photographs. It makes a loud click sound when you operate the device, but in the options menu this can be turned off for silent operation. In fact, all adjustments are made through the app, length of time lapse, resolution, and video. There is also an ultra wide angle option that qualifies as a fish eye to some extent.

It is very versatile, and the options are varied.

Picture quality is very good at high resolutions, as is the video quality, low light performance is ok but results can be quite grainy. Aspect ratios vary between 16:9 and 4:3 depending on resolution. It downloads automatically to the phone and you have the option of deleting downloaded photos and videos off the device when completed.

It is a quirky fun device but has its limitations. The main one being the fact the you have to use a phone if you require a viewfinder, but you can just point and shoot and hope for the best.

It's not going to replace a decent, compact camera, it's not going to replace the GoPro, but it has its place as a hybrid camera-action cam. Price wise I consider it good value and can see quite a few of these flying off the shelves. It has cool chic too.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars BOUGHT FOR MY SONS BIRTHDAY AND HE IS OVER THE MOON WITH IT, 13 April 2015
Bought for my son on his birthday. I haven't played it YET, but what I can say is that he is over the moon with it. The only downside to the game is that I don't let him play it all day. Its called responsible parenting, something he may understand when he is my age!

Maclaren Replenishing Body Lotion
Maclaren Replenishing Body Lotion

4.0 out of 5 stars MOISTURISES WELL, APPLIES WELL AND GOOD VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tried it as soon as it arrived.

It moisturises quite well but initially it leaves your skin feeling a little sticky, but this passes after 5 minutes as it absorbs. I think this is probably down to the fact the the lotion is quite thick. However, it can be used quite sparingly but I do like the consistency. The fragrance, which I am not too sure about, isn't too overpowering but for the first few minutes I did find that it was quite strong. It fades after a few minutes or so and settles down.

Aloe Vera and shea butter together? Probably not an ideal combination.

I suppose bonus points have to be given for it being organic, cruelty free and vegan? A quick glance at the ingredients tells me that the oils and glycerine appear organic, but the other stuff in the lotion? I have no idea what the chemicals are but no animal products are involved. To be honest this would probably not be a factor in my purchase decision.

My favourite moisturiser is actually fragrance free even with added Aloe Vera, but Natraderm, which I have also reviewed on Amazon is twice as expensive and much more runny. As it is fragrance free it does not irritate the occasional eczema patch on my arms and so far I tend to stick with that.

However, this is by no means a bad product, it moisturises well, applies well and is good value for money compared to some products but the fragrance is not quite me.

10 x Halogen G9 Capsule Bulbs 28W = 40W Energy Saving Lamps DIMMABLE
10 x Halogen G9 Capsule Bulbs 28W = 40W Energy Saving Lamps DIMMABLE

2.0 out of 5 stars DID NOT WORK IN MY G9 FITTINGS, 13 April 2015
Sadly these had to be returned. I tried the bulbs in a four bulb G9 fitting we have in the kitchen and they didn't work. I'm assuming it must have been down to the voltages but these did not work. Or are there different G9 fitting I know nothing about.

Instead I decided to rid myself of the fitting in the kitchen and installed an LED light that I have also reviewed and am really pleased with.
I have returned them.

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit MAR Refurbisched Hologramm incl. Servicepack 1 English UK
Offered by stop_computer

2.0 out of 5 stars UNSATISFACTORY AND NOT FIT FOR THE PURPOSE I INTENDED IT FOR, 13 April 2015
Wanted to use this to dual boot a Macbook Pro with Bootcamp. Prior to trying this installation I had no problems with an OEM Windows 7 Disc, unfortunately the hard drive on the laptop failed. So with new hard drive installed, backup in place it was time to reinstall a copy of Win 7.

So I tried to create a bootable ISO image on a USB drive and found that this copy was in fact an 'Update' rather than a stand alone copy. Also when I went on to the Microsoft website to download an ISO image using the enclosed License Key I found that it would not let me and it directed me to contact the unknown manufacturer of the computer it was originally installed on to get back up discs.

All in all, completely unsatisfactory and not fit for purpose. You may have better luck installing it as a clean copy on a self built computer but be aware that this Licence Key is for a computer registered with Microsoft by whatever manufacturers built the original computer. To use it you will need to contact them for backup discs and this is pretty much an impossible task.

YuGiOh 5D's Zombie World ENGLISH 1st Edition Structure Deck
YuGiOh 5D's Zombie World ENGLISH 1st Edition Structure Deck
Offered by Gaming Broker SHIP FROM USA

4.0 out of 5 stars MY SON AGED 10 THOUGHT THEY WERE GREAT SO NO COMPLAINTS, 13 April 2015
A reasonable selection of Zombie cards though I'm not sure if they all are really 'zombies'. There were only 19 zombie cards in the pack, 21 were either traps or spells, reasonable mixed but the pack had a number of doubles.
All in all not a bad structure deck.

Still my son aged 10 thought they were really great so no complaints,

Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Offered by Take a Bite

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY SATISFIED., 8 April 2015
Without any warning signs the hard drive on my Macbook Pro Early 2013 died a death, just loud clicking sounds and it failed to boot.

I had a few moments of palpitations, panic, fearing the worst.

Luckily my Macbook was the last of the Unibody designs so it was a simple job to undo ten screws and take the base of the laptop off, remove the hard drive and replace it with this Seagate Drive. The old drive, a Hitachi lasted just over 2 years of extreme use.

Having learned from previous experience I had already been fastidious in backing up everything with the Time Machine. I was up and running within three hours including installing the back up.

This drive appears to be a little faster in booting up and accessing files and so far there have been no hitches. It is also very quiet. I had intended to replace it with a 1TB SSD but baulked at the cost. Maybe next year, perhaps!

All in all I am extremely satisfied with this new drive. If at some stage it gives me any grief I will up date my review. So far I am very pleased and if I had known how easy it was to replace the drive I'd have done it before now.

Rolson 28602 Spudger Tool Set (2 Pieces)
Rolson 28602 Spudger Tool Set (2 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars 'SPUDGER' every time I say it I just have to smile., 8 April 2015
Needed to remove power cable on a MacBook Pro while I replaced a failed hard drive. There an all metal spudger and a plastic spudger, exactly what I needed and not over priced. Great word 'Spudger', makes me smile just saying it

LINDY Computer Technician Precision Torx Set
LINDY Computer Technician Precision Torx Set
Offered by Renshaw House

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE SET OF TORX DRIVERS, 8 April 2015
Great little set of Torx drivers. Only need one to replace a hard drive in a MacBook Pro. Ergonomic and easy to use and good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20