Profile for Helpless > Reviews

Content by Helpless
Top Reviewer Ranking: 339

Helpless "Helpless" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rexel Joy A4 5 Subject Notebook - Lovely Lime
Rexel Joy A4 5 Subject Notebook - Lovely Lime

5.0 out of 5 stars STYLISH NOTE PAD WITH GENUINELY USEFUL FEATURES, 5 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A stylish note pad. The pads come in five wipe clean covers, they include a two year calendar, somewhere to write your name in the front and tear off corners in the pages. In A4 size you get 250 pages. There is also a sheet of 8 tear out cards called 'memory joggers' and a place to put your pen.

The paper is also good quality. The pages can be torn out and have already been pre-punched for filing if required.

Personally the only minor point is that I'd prefer sticky notes instead of the tear out cards as I find them more versatile and they can stick to most surfaces and work well as reminders. Cards I tend to lose. There are also a couple of pockets to store loose paper in as well.

There are a whole series of products matched to this including ring binders, lever arch files, staplers and box files. It can be colour coordinated with the JOY range of products.

While A4 notebooks can be purchased at a fraction of the cost this note book looks stylish and has some added extras that are generally quite useful so it's not what I would call primarily style over substance.

If you want to make more of a statement than say using a bog standard cheap A4 pad then I think you will see the value of this product. It is not cheap but has some genuinely useful features.

MICRO Pedi Premium Gift Set
MICRO Pedi Premium Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VALUE GIFT SET WITH LOTS OF USEFUL AND USABLE ACCRUTMENTS., 4 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third incarnation of the Mirco-Pedi that I have reviewed.

This particular incarnation is apparently a limited edition gift set. As with all Micro-Pedi’s they are easy to use and easy to clean. This one is in a fetching pink and comes with manicure/pedicure accruements and foot cream.

There are nail clippers buffing tools, toe separators, cuticle tools and emery tools. Everything you might need and more to get the perfect toe and finger nails. For the advertised price, down on the RRP it is very good value, and you will probably find a use for every item, including the cooling foot lotion.

It is great for hard skin on your feet and the extra coarse roller takes the effort out stripping back the hard and dry skin. It is also gentle on your feet. One point to note is that it is easy to clean and brush out the dry skin. Remember to put a towel underneath your foot before you put it into use, I had to hoover the sofa after I failed to realise how much dusty skin it can remove.

One point to note is that the coarse rollers do stand up to some abuse but at sometime in the future you will need to replace them. They are a standard fit and easy to acquire though not particularly cheap as an original replacement pack will cost near enough half of what you paid for the Micro-Pedi. The good news is that the pack also comes with two additional extra coarse rollers so you should get plenty of use before you need to buy replacements.

There is competition in the market for these foot smoothers, the Micro-Pedi is in the higher price bracket but they are robust and last well. Remember to change the batteries regularly for the best performance.

Still a very good product and even better value and more versatile with the additional items in the box. As a gift set it is really good value. We spend so much of our lives on them so why not give your feet some real TLC.

Philips HR1868/81 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 700 Watt - White

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW OF THE PHILIPS HR1868/81 700W v PHILIPS HR1875/21 1000W, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been fortunate to have been able to review both of these models. The review I have written is pretty much the same for both as the only differences are the white plastic v stainless steel outer and the motor power 700W v 1000W. Apologies if you feel I have repeated myself but they are both almost identical.

The first thing that appealed to me about these product was the promise that they could be cleaned in a minute. There are juicers and there are juicers and the worst thing about some is the fact that it can be an ordeal to clean them after use.

The question I was asking myself was whether the advertising blurb lived up to the claims.
So let’s start at the beginning.

They are very quick and simple to set up, but with the jug in place take up a fair amount of surface space. Set your speed to the correct setting which will prevent extra strain on the motor.

The XXL feed tube pretty much accepts most sizes of fruit and if you do struggle with the odd extreme sized one then just cut it in half. Another point to note is that some fruit requires peeling, some de-stemming, some coring, some do not and some need to be excluded. Steer clear of the popular banana, it’s not for juicing.

As this was my first attempt at juicing I bought plenty of fruit and it surprised me on how much I needed to make a dent in the 2.5 litre jug. My advice is to buy more than you think you need and then some. I managed to squeeze 1.5 litres or thereabouts from the mix of apples I had. I particularly like the juice from Braeburns mixed with a couple of sweeter varieties

Once juiced I decided to place the jug in the fridge and clean the machine. Unfortunately unlike the stated ‘1 minute to clean’ claim my first attempt took….. 3 minutes. The pulp is so easy to get rid of as it is contained in one place. Rather than having to scrape it out of a receptacle just tap it on the edge of the bin and it is gone. The strainer/filter is just as easy to rinse and clean as it has an almost non stick quality to it. A quick wipe of the cloth or sponge helps bits along the way.

The Apple juice I had juiced made the cheap cartons of concentrate I had been feeding my children taste like old engine oil. There is no going back now and demand for the juice is increasing.

A quick clean and rise cycle later, less than 5 minutes of less than hard labour and I put a load of carrots through it. I don’t even like carrot juice but that complete with the pulp and juice went into the Bolognese sauce I was making.

A quick clean later and it was back away in the cupboard.

In conclusion, these juicers are very good, they both live up to expectations in that they are quick and easy to clean. Having tried both models, the 700W and the 1000W I would recommend saving a little more and buying the more powerful unit. It’s just that the higher power juicer felt more sturdy and there was no slow down or motor strain if you are a little too enthusiastic in pushing your veg or fruit down the tube. They both do the job but I think the stainless steel also looks better.

I’m sure the EU will decide that the 1000W motor is just too powerful and not ‘eco’ enough just like they have been messing about with the power of vacuum cleaners. Before they do get your hands on one of these.

Yes, carton apple juice is probably cheaper, but this is the real deal with no stabilisers or additives to keep them fresh and give a long shelf life.

If you are after a juicer look no further.

Philips HR1875/21 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 1000 Watt - Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW OF THE PHILIPS HR1875/21 1000W v PHILIPS HR1868/81 700W, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

So let’s start at the beginning.

A quick clean later and it was back away in the cupboard.

If you are after a juicer look no further.

How to set up an Online Business 6
How to set up an Online Business 6
by Kevin Partner

5.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS BOOK COUNTLESS TMES TO PEOPLE I KNOW, 23 Jun. 2015
I wrote a review a few year ago on a previous edition. I'd bought the book on the strength of the authors column in a leading computer magazine. Using his advice I set up my website for my business, nothing fancy, but now I feature in the top five of searches for my business in the areas I operate.

I bought the updated edition because things have moved on somewhat in the technology field and I have not been disappointed. I know of other business that employ legions of SEO firms and spend enormous amounts of money and still get nowhere.

If you are setting up an online business read this, it's clear and easy to understand and if you follow the advice you will be up and running in no time.
I have recommended this book countless times to people I know and they have not been disappointed.

Zoggs Kids Float Discs Learn to Swim Arm Band - Yellow, 2-6 Years
Zoggs Kids Float Discs Learn to Swim Arm Band - Yellow, 2-6 Years
Offered by SwimShop

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SWIMMING AID, 23 Jun. 2015
Converting my 5 year old daughter from armbands to these was a little traumatic. Now that I have convinced her to put them on she swam her first length backstroke without them. With her it is a confidence thing and being able to split them is of real benefit. She will happily play in the pool with one on each arm even though she is actually swimming herself it is a confidence boost.

I'd recommend these over armbands, especially as they are not liable to leak air. If you are a parent start as you mean to go along, these are great to instil confidence and are an excellent swimming aid. Might be a little big for very small arms though.

Karrimor Walking Trouser Belt Mens Black Large
Karrimor Walking Trouser Belt Mens Black Large
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- [100% POSITIVE RATED; 10,000+ FEEDBACKS]

5.0 out of 5 stars SOLID DEPENDABLE ROBUST AND THEY KEEP YOUR TROUSERS UP, 23 Jun. 2015
It is pretty much indestructible unlike the new style belts that come with Craghoppers.

Even better, they do not slip or accidentally unbuckle when you bend down. A solid dependable fastening and slightly wider in width making it more comfortable to wear. It is also nicely flexible unlike some plastic belts.

The only downside is that they are printed with Karrimor along their entire length and if like me you tighten the belt with your right hand you will have to wear the wording upside down.

Top Trumps Battleships
Top Trumps Battleships
Offered by Premier Life Store

3.0 out of 5 stars WHOEVER PUT THIS COLLECTION TOGETHER DOESN'T KNOW HIS BOW FROM HIS STERN, 23 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Top Trumps Battleships (Toy)
Although the pack is supposed to be about battleships there are a number of cards that don't quite cut the mustard. Honestly, the Marie Celeste? The Black Pearl?

For goodness sake Top Trumps, this is supposed to be about BATTLESHIPS, not submarines, aircraft carriers or destroyers. I'd even settle for a battle cruiser such as the Hood, but what about the Yamato, the Nelson, Graf Spee, Scharnhorst or even the Dreadnought?

Whoever put this collection together doesn't know his bow from his stern, his port from his starboard or even where his head is.

Dr KittyCat is Ready to Rescue: Daisy the Kitten
Dr KittyCat is Ready to Rescue: Daisy the Kitten
by Jane Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars MY DAUGHTERS BOOK OF THE MOMENT, 23 Jun. 2015
I reviewed the first book in the series and was impressed. Though the style of writing can seem a little eccentric in parts, especially with the detail, the series is excellent. I bought the second book in the series and my daughter was constantly pestering me for more. Thankfully book three has finally been published. It is my daughters book of the moment and she loves the story. Keep them coming we want more.

Protec 2" Black leather belt, twin roller buckle real 4mm leather (Large)
Protec 2" Black leather belt, twin roller buckle real 4mm leather (Large)
Offered by MC Products Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT QUALITY, 23 Jun. 2015
An excellent quality belt, solid and robust. However, I didn't have a pair of trousers with belt loops big enough for it. Disappointed I had to send it back, but if you have big enough loops this is an excellent product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20