Profile for Poppy Girl > Reviews

Content by Poppy Girl

Poppy Girl (New Zealand & UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Perfect Housewife [2007] [DVD]
The Perfect Housewife [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anthea Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars This is worth watching if you need a kick start to clean your house, 17 May 2010
I found this dvd really useful when I moved into my new house, so much so, I bought the second series as well. Much to some groans from my boyfriend when I put it in the dvd player. But her tips are very handy and I even heard my boyfriend muttering that we need some baskets as I found him sorting out our linen cupboard, which made me laugh - a lot. (He's not the organising type)

It's full of handy hints about cleaning and being organised and the narrator is a bit cheeky about Anthea being perfect, which makes you feel better. I was not an Anthea fan before this but now I am a bit of a convert and take pride in having a clean and tidy house, whereas before, i thought there were more important things in life and it didn't really matter too much. She has made me think a lot differently about dust and that everyone deserves to live in a nice environment. My boyfriend no longer moans when the dvd goes on as he knows a a little whirlwind of tidying and cleaning will follow.

The Secret Ingredient
The Secret Ingredient
by Sally Bee

3.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational story, straightforward recipes, 17 May 2010
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
Sally Bee's story is very inspirational and I love the look of this book. I just found this book is more suitable for a beginner or someone who hasn't cooked for a family before. The recipes are straightforward, I just expected a bit more info on why it is important to eat ths and not that and maybe some swap outs for ingredients, so you can make the dish a bit differently next time. I do like this book, however the recipes aren't really anything new. She does give some tips and hints but I thought there would be more. Great photos in the book and worth a flick through for some dinner ideas but it's not a must have cookbook.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3