Profile for latestarter > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Care Indian Brandee 100ml
Care Indian Brandee 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Can anyone locate this wonderful tincture, 25 July 2014
Why has this wonderful remedy disappeared from everywhere?

My parents discovered it when I was very car sick 60 years ago (recommended by the pharmacist we stopped at), and since that time I have always had a bottle in the house.

None of the modern medicines work as well as this did.

I can only assume that manufacturers were not making enough profit on this simple but reliable product that dealt with most gastric discomfort.

Cake decorating turntable
Cake decorating turntable
Offered by Pembroke Dock Hardware
Price: 22.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and steady, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Cake decorating turntable
This is my third cake decorating turntable, and it is by far the best. At a sturdy 5 inches high and smooth turning movement it has solved all my frustrations with previous purchases.
The first one I bought was very low which made it impossible to use without a crick in the neck.
The second one was so wobbly that it was impossible to decorate neatly.

50 EASY PARTY CAKES-INDEX KITCHEN LIBRARY
50 EASY PARTY CAKES-INDEX KITCHEN LIBRARY
by DEBBIE BROWN
Edition: Ring-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and fun, 11 April 2014
50 fun cakes in this book, how I wish I had enough time and family to make them all.

I am going to make the Pony stable cake first for my 51 year old daughter, (she has a livery stable) as I don't think that young children should have all the fun.

I am sure that all the cakes can be adapted to personality rather than age, so here goes.

Debbie Brown's Party Cakes
Debbie Brown's Party Cakes
by Debbie Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to make, 11 April 2014
Lots of nice designs in this book, (mainly for children), all of them easy to make for the not so experienced.

They are effective and quick to do, so it doesn't have to be a mile-stone occasion, but any old birthday or family get together that could warrant making one of these cakes.

Well done Debbie Brown.

3D SPORTS BALL CAKE TIN PAN SET FOOTBALL TENNIS BASKETBALL GOLF HALF BALL SPHERE BY CFU
Offered by vktech-HK
Price: 6.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Very flimsy, 11 April 2014
When the product arrived it was very misshapen, it also had the odd dent here and there which I realised was probably done in transit.
The cake tin is very thin and bendy, which probably wouldn't happen if it was packaged in a box.

I have tried to straighten it as best I can, but it definitely not a perfect globe shape any more.

I regret now not paying the extra and getting a more substantial one.

Sculpey Fairy Doll Princess Figure- Sculpey Rubber Flexible Push Mould
Sculpey Fairy Doll Princess Figure- Sculpey Rubber Flexible Push Mould
Offered by Tiger Cub Stationery + Craft
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so much fairy, more of a goblin., 31 Mar 2014
The facial features of this (fairy) leave a lot to be desired. I am sure she could give young children nightmares.

However! with a bit of tweaking with my sugar craft tools, I think I managed to make her look a little more acceptable.

On the plus side, it isn't an expensive mould, so as my mother would say, "beauty doesn't come cheap".

Lantomall Cake Decoration Three Rows Beads Silicone Mould Mold Sugarcraft
Lantomall Cake Decoration Three Rows Beads Silicone Mould Mold Sugarcraft
Offered by ibestsky
Price: 6.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 15 Mar 2014
I used to have the press together type of bead maker, this one is much better.

One little trick I learned, to make using the beads easier, is to place a piece of strong thread along the top of the paste after filling the mould, press in slightly.
This seems to hold the string of beads together while placing them round the cake.
Don't forget to gently pull out the thread after setting them.

Walnut Hollow Clay Extruder Set
Walnut Hollow Clay Extruder Set
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE
Price: 25.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Super gadget, 15 Mar 2014
With hands that are not a supple as they once were, this gadget is a godsend.
I don't use it for clay, but for cake decorating.
Most of the extruders that are specifically designed for sugar paste, are a lot flimsier, and some are very difficult to use with hands that are a bit arthritic.

Daisy Petal Narrow - Set Of 4 Sugarcraft Metal Cutters - for creating edible Cake Decorations
Offered by Wedding Acrylics
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 15 Mar 2014
What more can I say, except that they do the job that they are designed to do.

Well made and sturdy.

Pulsin Natural Whey Protein (1kg)
Pulsin Natural Whey Protein (1kg)
Price: 27.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for taste, 15 Mar 2014
I have found this product to be superior to others that I have tried.

Pleasant on the taste buds with no lingering after taste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9