Profile for tuga > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
D-Link Amplifi Dualband HD Media Router
D-Link Amplifi Dualband HD Media Router

2.0 out of 5 stars thought it was a decent router, I was wrong, 12 Jun. 2014
I was looking for a dark router without antennas (for aesthetic reasons) to replace a TP-Link TL-WR841N.

I found this cheap router for under £50 and thought it was a good option. I previously have had two D-Link routers, one in 2004 and another in 2009 and they never disappointed me. Apparently this is an N900 router (450 Mbps in 5 Ghz band and 450 Mbps in 2.4 Ghz band) with gigabit ports and a USB 3.0 port, with SD card reader.

The contents of the package is,
- Router
- Power adapter
- Ethernet cable (cat 5e)
- Installation CD
- Manuals

I did not have tried the installation CD because I know configure routers manually.

Reasons why I gave 2 stars,
- The router cannot be configured in AP mode (with DHCP off and connected by LAN port to another router in the same IP range). The router simply does not respond.
- Wireless speeds are acceptable in short distance (50 Mbps in my first floor and 50-30 Mbps in second floor with my notebook). I can't test the 5 Ghz band because all my USB adaptors are Wireless N 2.4 Ghz.
- Wireless speeds at long range are horrible (less than 1 Mbps 20 meters away with walls in the middle). My previous £20 TP-Link router had better speeds at this distance.

Other negative points, but not so important
- The SharePort web interface is very limited. Type \\192.168.0.1 (router IP by default) to access your pen drive or SD card.
- The ethernet cable don't have protection in the RJ45 connectors. My old D-Link router had.
- The web interface is always the same. I think is time to D-Link get a new design.

These are my negative points in one day of usage. Unfortunately I cannot test the 5 Ghz band at this moment, maybe later.

In the other side
- I get +700 Mbps over the LAN ports when testing my NAS.
- USB 3.0 with great speeds (write - 60 Mbps, read - 340 Mbps).
- The web interface have a lot of features, as always in D-Link routers.
- Has DLNA and is IPv6 ready.
- It is a beautiful router, with no antennas and is all black (half glossy, half matte).

It would be a great router at a good price if not for the weak wireless.

Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Black) 1m
Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Black) 1m
Offered by Vebox Direct Computing

4.0 out of 5 stars good ethernet cable, 9 Jun. 2014
I needed a shorter black ethernet cable so I bought one of these. The quality construction is fine, but I've seen better cables. It has some clips that confer protection.

Nedis Valueline 1m 270 Degree Angled High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet
Nedis Valueline 1m 270 Degree Angled High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

5.0 out of 5 stars very good as expected, 9 Jun. 2014
I needed a angled HDMI cable to connect my STB to my TV so I decided to search in amazon. There are two types of angled cables, 90º and 270º. Be sure you bought the correct cable. I don't know if the cable is v1.4a but the seller says it support 4K video so it should be v1.4a.

This dimension (1m) is enough. Works very well as expected.

3m White Network Cable - High Quality - CAT5e (enhanced) - RJ45 - Ethernet - Patch - LAN - Router - Modem - 10/100
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect cable, 9 Jun. 2014
I needed a longer cable to connect my PS3 to the router so I bought one of this. Works well as expected.

6 piece precision mini phillips screwdriver set (high quality, made in Japan). engineer dk-20
Offered by Precise Hand Tools Ltd. (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 9 Jun. 2014
I purchased this precision screwdriver set to open a faulty smartphone. The price is a bit too high but the quality is very good.

Wireless Qi Power Charger Pad For Nokia Lumia 920 , Lumia 820 and Google Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 S4 i9500 Note II N7100 Note3 N9000 N9005 HTC 8X , Droid DNA, LG DIL, LTE2 BC252L
Offered by XCSOURCE

4.0 out of 5 stars good option, 9 Jun. 2014
The original Nokia wireless chargers are expensive, so I bought one of these for my Lumia 820.
It brings the wireless charger, 2 cables (0.3m and 1m) and the instruction manual.

It has a small light, green when the phone is charging and blue when it's not. It beeps when the mobile phone starts charging but I think this is unnecessary because the majority of mobile phones also beeps when they start charging.

Kit UK 3-Pin to Euro 2-Pin Mains Adapter / Travel Plug - White
Kit UK 3-Pin to Euro 2-Pin Mains Adapter / Travel Plug - White

3.0 out of 5 stars average quality, 9 Jun. 2014
The adapter is the same as shown on the picture. Unfortunately the pins shake when I touch them, but it works so that's what matter.

Case-Mate Barely There Case for Nokia Lumia 820 - Black/ Grey
Case-Mate Barely There Case for Nokia Lumia 820 - Black/ Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars good case, 9 Jun. 2014
I bought this case to my Lumia 820. At first impression, build quality is fine and it seems durable. Unfortunately, it has the "Case-Mate" logo in the side of the case, but isn't a problem.

Nokia Lumia 820 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 6-in-1 Pack By Terrapin

5.0 out of 5 stars great screen protector, 9 Jun. 2014
Bought a pack of these for my Lumia 820. It comes with a manual and a cleaning cloth. They are almost transparent when applied.

Nokia Lumia 820 SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows)
Nokia Lumia 820 SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows)

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Windows Phone 8 smartphone, 9 Jun. 2014
This is my first WP8 smartphone. I bought it because I was tired of android.
The phone is Sim-Free so works with any operator. It brings a USB cable and a USB charger, a in-ear phones and the manuals. Unfortunately comes with no screen protector.

Pros
- Excellent build quality. Very robust
- Fast (as any WP8 device)
- Screen is in a good size (4.3")
- Exclusive Nokia apps
- Features like glance screen and double tape to wake
- The camera is great. Records 1080p video
- The back cover is replaceable, with various colors
- Maps work offline
- Integration with microsoft apps such as skydrive, outlook
- Brings a cover compatible with wireless charging
- Good for the price (less than £200)
- Excellent audio quality in calls
- Micro SD slot
- It's 4G.Have dual-band WIFI
- The screen is responsive and can be used with gloves

Cons
- Battery life isn't great. It last one day with intensive use and 2 days with moderate use
- Screen resolution could be higher for a 4.3" inch
- Screen has a bit of saturated colors, but it is normal in AMOLED screens

Even with this cons, I rated 5 star.

Page: 1 | 2