Profile for Bookaholic > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Osprey London Women's Trader Polished Croc Shoulder Bag, Grey, One Size
Osprey London Women's Trader Polished Croc Shoulder Bag, Grey, One Size

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bag, but not packed well, 30 Mar. 2015
I ordered the 'grey' bag which is more of a pale brown, quite attractive colour though. I wanted a sort of neutral colour and it was just right. The bag was smaller than I expected but was beautifully made with beautiful leather.

Unfortunately, it was not packed well, chucked into a cardboard box, with brown paper on top with a number of dog leads, harnesses and collars that I had ordered separately. These (were not packaged at all) had just been chucked on top the bag. Fortunately, I could not see any scratches on the bag which speaks well for the leather.

But the bag was just packed in a grimy, torn plastic bag with holes in it, and bits of clear tape loose and layers of it where it had been undone and clumsy attempts at resealing it.

Someone else had obviously had the bag previously and returned it, as it was gaping open, the tissue inside had been taken out and stuffed clumsily back in, and the zip looked buckled. (It looked used). The poor handles had been stuffed inside the bag! When I took the handles out, they were buckled and I could not straighten them.

I am very disappointed. But I shall not bother with this brand again/nor buy any bags from Amazon again.

Ri2K Women's Ladbroke Las4111 E/W Zip Top Lavender X Small
Ri2K Women's Ladbroke Las4111 E/W Zip Top Lavender X Small

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice style of purse, very secure., 26 Mar. 2015
Nice style of purse, very secure with card slots inside with zip in centre for small change. The leather is very creased all over with tiny creases. Not sure of the quality, but am using the purse for everyday, so don't really mind.

Rohde Mens Taunus Tex Snow Boots Black Schwarz (schwarz 90) Size: 44
Rohde Mens Taunus Tex Snow Boots Black Schwarz (schwarz 90) Size: 44
Offered by SchuhBenner

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong, lightweight boots, 26 Mar. 2015
Fit of these about right, they are sturdily made and I expect them to last me years. They are waterproof, so just right for me in the winter time as I do a lot of walking and hiking. They are very comfortable.

Rohde Womens 2965 Boots 2965 90 Black 8 UK, 42 EU
Rohde Womens 2965 Boots 2965 90 Black 8 UK, 42 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart boots, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Rohde Womens 2965 Boots (Shoes)
A bit generously cut, I got a half size bigger, so will fit ok with the thick tights I wear in winter. Boots not as tall as they look in the picture, but I prefer shorter boots, so not a problem to me. I really like these boots, they look smarter than the picture.

Premier Housewares Floor Standing Towel Stand with 3 U-Shaped Arms - Chrome
Premier Housewares Floor Standing Towel Stand with 3 U-Shaped Arms - Chrome
Offered by 786 Bargain Hut

2.0 out of 5 stars Went rusty (so think it is only chrome finish), 25 Mar. 2015
This is a great space saving item and was very useful in our small cloakroom. However, the item is not chrome, but chrome finish, so it went rusty and we threw it away. Very disappointing as it is a great shape, and space saving gadget.

Sugar Flowers (Twenty to Make)
Sugar Flowers (Twenty to Make)
by Lisa Slatter

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting book, far too many tools required, 17 Mar. 2015
Interesting little book, but far too many tools required, so shan't be bothering! I already have loads of flower cut outs so I did not need this book.

Ri2k Womens Tannah TAB4305 Tote Chocolate
Ri2k Womens Tannah TAB4305 Tote Chocolate

4.0 out of 5 stars well made bag but large, 17 Mar. 2015
This is a lovely, well made bag. It has 3 zipped sections, the middle one has an inner phone and zipped pocket. The only thing wrong with it for me that is, it is 40 cm wide by 26 cm high, too big for me. Would make a lovely work bag though.

Rohde Womens Rennsteig Snow Boots Blue Blau (ocean 56) Size: 40
Rohde Womens Rennsteig Snow Boots Blue Blau (ocean 56) Size: 40

2.0 out of 5 stars lovely style sizing not right, 10 Mar. 2015
lovely style, wider fit, but sizing not right. I ordered size 40 which normally is a 7 and got sent 6 1/2 (stamped on the underside of the boots and also on the box). On checking the Rohde sizing chart on Amazon (which is shown with the advert for these boots) it states size 40 is size 7.

Elements Sterling Silver Ladies' B066 Heart Tag T-Bar Bracelet
Elements Sterling Silver Ladies' B066 Heart Tag T-Bar Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bracelet in blue good quality gift box; bargain price, 16 Feb. 2015
Good weight of silver without being overly heavy or too lightweight (I think approx. 17grams of silver). Medium sized polished links. Presented in a lovely blue gift box of good quality as per the picture. Good length approx. 8 inches. I bought two, one as a gift and one for me at the bargain price. The heart charm on the bracelet was wrapped in tissue to protect it. (I Bought mine via Amazon, not a seller, as I noted some customers seem to have an inferior product/not in the blue gift box). I have a number of Elements silver items and they are always in the blue gift box.

Vax Air Base U88-AM-Be Upright Vacuum
Vax Air Base U88-AM-Be Upright Vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars great suction power, 6 Feb. 2015
Excellent. Lightweight and easy to twist and turn around furniture, not had a vacuum that does this before. What I like about this machine is the great suction power, ensuring that my carpets are as clean as possible. Dust cylinder easy to take off and empty. Hose is a bit short, a design fault, so not so easy to use on the stairs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20