Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Painting Songbirds with Sherry C. Nelson: 15 Beautiful Birds In Oil
Painting Songbirds with Sherry C. Nelson: 15 Beautiful Birds In Oil
by Sherry Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with very clear advice,tips etc., 22 Nov 2014
Beautiful book, with very clear information as to what colours to use and techniques to draw/paint the birds/backgrounds and glazes etc. I have a number of art books, (none at all oils as I do not use them)but this book is one of the best for giving clear detailed information and to me, was inspirational. Each project is shown as the finished painting (which are so lovely they might put you off having a go!) and a black and white outline of it to trace or copy. I have never drawn or painted a bird before but had a go with decent results and am now planning to paint the rest of the projects. (I did mine in coloured pencils not oils and am going to use other media, such as pastels). The book is nice to own just to look at the beautiful pictures of the birds!

Teapigs Marakesh Mint Green Tea with Mint 37.5 g (Pack of 1, Total 15 Tea Bags)
Teapigs Marakesh Mint Green Tea with Mint 37.5 g (Pack of 1, Total 15 Tea Bags)

1.0 out of 5 stars Too weak, nothing like Moroccan tea, 19 Nov 2014
I was so very disappointed with this tea. I have been to Morocco and drunk many cups of Moroccan tea in Marakesh. This tea is nothing like that at all.

Reading the information on the back of the packet, they state they have not used Moroccan tea at all, but substituted it for something more 'delicate'.

Well it tasted very, very weak and I feel ripped off. I can buy peppermint and mint teas much cheaper than this and they taste much nicer.

I would give minus stars if I could.

English Tea Shop Diamond Jubilee Earl Grey Organic and Fairtrade Tea Bags (50 Sachets)

2.0 out of 5 stars Box is of 50 Earl Grey organic, fairtrade t bags, 19 Nov 2014
Having just ordered some boxes of this brand's mixed variety of t bags, I misread this and thought I was getting Earl grey organic plus some other mixed varieties included which were Fairtrade. On receipt, its just a box of 50 Earl Grey Organic t bags which are also fairtrade (I don't believe in fair trade, its just another opportunity to get ripped off).

I feel a bit cheated, but my mistake in not understanding the (misleading heading) properly! The tea is not too bad, but I prefer Twinings. I could have bought 200 Twinings Earl Grey t bags for just under £7, so this box of 50 is very expensive. I feel ripped off.

Koh-i-noor Mondeluz Aquarell Drawing Set. 72 Coloured Pencils. 3714
Koh-i-noor Mondeluz Aquarell Drawing Set. 72 Coloured Pencils. 3714
Offered by Pricecart

4.0 out of 5 stars Good variety of colours, nice thick cores., 19 Nov 2014
These pencils have good pigment, so good strong colours. The sets (I bought two sets) I received are 3710 which is on every pencil (the sets on firm's website are advertised as 3720), maybe mine is old stock or something. There are 3 paintbrushes, one in each tray and 2 plastic pencil sharpeners at each side of the top of the carton.

None of the tips were broken, so a good sign of being a strong lead, that does not break easily. The lead is fairly soft but nothing like soft pastel. When I started to use them, I found none of the tips broke even when firm pressure applied. They have a nice thick core, 3. 8mm. Good selection of greens and blues, a few purple shades, brown, grey etc., quite good variety of colours. I think the pencil barrels are a bit cheap. I have various other brands colour pencils and all have much nicer barrels, easier to grip than these.

There is no colour chart at all enclosed in the pack, the pencils just have a number on them and no shade name. I had to spend quite a lot of time hunting around on the web trying to find a colour chart and ended up contacting the firm, who then kindly emailed me a colour chart.

So, the colours of the pencils are as follows: (my two sets were identical and have substitutions for some mainly purple colours. Unfortunately, I do not know which purple belongs to the correct colour number as they all seem pretty similar!)

1 White
5 Orange
6 Vermillion
48 Carmine Red
47 Scarlet Red
37 Cherry Red (I received 39 in both sets)
73 Light Carmine (I received 170 in both sets)
7 Carmine
9 Beige
10 Pink but I have received 131 (in both sets)
12 Red Violet (I received 177 in both sets) a shade of purple
11 Light Violet (I received 178 (in both sets)
8 Bordeaux-Red
49 Permanent Violet (I received 179 in both sets) a shade of purple
13 Violet
50 Windsor Violet
14 Blue Violet (I received 182 in both sets, shade of purple)
51 Delft Blue (I received 180 in both sets, a shade of purple)
15 Ice Blue
62 Apple Green
63 Olive Green Light
27 Dark Olive Green
59 Grass Green
25 Grass Green (two grass greens of different shades)
60 Emerald Green
33 Dark Brown
69 Light Grey
35 Grey
71 Medium Grey
34 Light Grey (2 different shades again)
72 Slate Grey
38 Cold Grey
70 Dark Grey
36 Black

HP P1102W LaserJet Pro Wireless mono (Black & White) Laser Printer (AirPrint)
HP P1102W LaserJet Pro Wireless mono (Black & White) Laser Printer (AirPrint)
Offered by sotel-germany (incl. UK power adaptor)

3.0 out of 5 stars FAst printer, but not sure cartridge prints as many pages as it should, 16 Nov 2014
This printer easy to set up and running in no time at all. It prints the fastest of any printer I have ever owned. After a few months, got a few glitches, had to turn it on and off and also cancel documents to print.

The ink cartridge that came with it however, only lasted in 'eco mode' printing for about 300 pages. I felt rather swizzed. I am now buying a new cartridge and see how long that lasts.

Jack French London Designer Genuine Leather Burlington Bag and Purse
Jack French London Designer Genuine Leather Burlington Bag and Purse

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant classically styled bag, 10 Nov 2014
Really fabulous and elegant bag. Just right size for me and at this price is very good, as handbags of decent quality are now so expensive. I love patent but it gets marks on so much is not practical, but this bag being quilted, marks do not show. It is a really attractive bag and I bought this style in 4 colours. They are classically designed and will last me for many years!

Rohde Womens Black Boots 2872 8 UK, 42 EU
Rohde Womens Black Boots 2872 8 UK, 42 EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Stylish looking boots but looked worn/second hand, 1 Nov 2014
This review is from: Rohde Womens 2872 Boots (Shoes)
I bought the last pair in stock and received them in a torn, crumpled and open plastic bag. The boots had crumples in them, no paper stuffing and no tags, no Rohde care leaflet as the boots were not in a box!

They had white bits all over and some animal hairs. I returned them. Very disappointed as the style was lovely.

Conté à Paris Portrait Pastel Pencil (Pack of 6)
Conté à Paris Portrait Pastel Pencil (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colours, 29 Oct 2014
Well packed in a blister package, so the tips are protected (had 2 lots of pencils in tins arriving with many broken tips recently). The colours in reality are brighter than depicted on the picture. But I love these pastel pencils, one reason is that they are wider and easier to hold.

KOH-I-NOOR TOISON D'OR 8556 Artist's Extra Soft Pastels (Pack of 48)
KOH-I-NOOR TOISON D'OR 8556 Artist's Extra Soft Pastels (Pack of 48)

5.0 out of 5 stars Creamy pastels - good selection of colours., 27 Oct 2014
Beautiful creamy pastels, best I have used so far. Sticks are paper covered so less mess on my hands. Although there is a good selection of colours, I do wish this brand made boxes with bigger selection of colours - at least 60 colours to give a bigger variety.

Hi-Tec Men's Eurotrek Waterproof Hiking Boot
Hi-Tec Men's Eurotrek Waterproof Hiking Boot
Price: £29.03 - £60.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent soft leather boots, 25 Oct 2014
I bought these boots in black and brown via Amazon about 5 years ago and wear them every winter. They are still good, but now looking scruffy, so I have bought the brown ones in Amazon sales recently. I was pleased to find Amazon still selling them as they fit perfectly, are fairly lightweight and a very reasonable price!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20