Profile for Bookaholic > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ri2k Womens Real REB4249 Crossbody Bag Grey
Ri2k Womens Real REB4249 Crossbody Bag Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Small, flat bag., 20 Jan. 2015
The bag on the web site looks bigger, medium sized I thought. On receipt it was quite a small bag, and the across the body strap was not long enough to be comfortable. The bag leather was creased, packaging opened, no wrappings at all on the bag, (looked used). The bag is a strange design with no gusset at all, so is rather a flat shape.

Ri2k Womens IVY IVB4350 Scoop Violet
Ri2k Womens IVY IVB4350 Scoop Violet

4.0 out of 5 stars beautifully made (pink), 18 Jan. 2015
This bag is beautifully made, better standard than many bags which cost £100's these days and not finished so well. There is an elasticated phone pocket inside with zipped pocket also. There is no gusset so the bag is a flattish shape, the depth about 2cm, which is rather a strange design. It would have been a better design not as wide, and with a deeper gusset.

This bag is about 45 cm wide by about 34 cm high at the highest point (lower where the scoop part is) so is rather on the large side for me. I am reluctant to send it back as it is so beautifully made, and lovely colour but the bag is too long and not deep enough, I doubt I would ever use it.

Mastrad F46100 Crème Brûlée Set
Mastrad F46100 Crème Brûlée Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive set but dishes are quite shallow, 13 Jan. 2015
The set looks nice and is packed attractively in a nice box, but I feel the dishes are not deep enough.

Lola Rose Athene Necklace in Purple Waterlily Serpentine of 47-65cm
Lola Rose Athene Necklace in Purple Waterlily Serpentine of 47-65cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty necklace, 9 Jan. 2015
Lovely necklace, looks better in reality than on the picture, very pretty purple/mauvy shades.

Cristal de Paris 6-Piece Yvan Couleurs Crystal Red Wine Stem Set of 6
Cristal de Paris 6-Piece Yvan Couleurs Crystal Red Wine Stem Set of 6

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly made of 'Cristallin' (sticker on the glass states this), 7 Jan. 2015
When I unwrapped these glasses I found a sticker on the base of each stating 'Crystallin'. I assume that Crystallin means Crystalline type of material which is not lead crystal. I was initially disappointed as lead crystal is quite robust as well that I love the sparkle of it. These glasses are dull and plasticy looking and do not have that sparkle and seem rather delicate.

There is no ring when the glass is tapped, just a dull sound, reinforcing to me that they are not real crystal.

There was no leaflet in the box for information, and the box was rather shabby, battered at the corners and scratches on the lid, inside dirty marks around the inner of the lid. The 'luxury' lining is simply floppy nylony feel type of material, cheap looking.

The glasses at reduced price are ok as pretty glasses for that money, but not at the full price. (I can buy Waterford/Royal Doulton crystalline glasses for the same or less prices in their sales). I very much doubt the glasses are made in France. If I had known though they were not real lead crystal, I would not have bought them. (Apparently, it is legal to call them crystal glass, although Amazon just state 'crystal' which is misleading).

I am very disappointed.

Lily's Kitchen Lovely Lamb with Peas and Parsley, 7 Kg
Lily's Kitchen Lovely Lamb with Peas and Parsley, 7 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs love these, 5 Jan. 2015
My dogs love these and I can use them as dog treats/obedience training rewards as well. My dogs tend to put on weight with some brands of biscuits, but these (used in moderation as mixer with meat) they do not put on weight. I note some dog biscuits have beet pulp in, which I am sure does not do them any good. These biscuits have herbs and good quality ingredients, so I won't use any other type now. The large bag lasts a long time as well.

Fallen Fruits Cast Iron Boot Holder
Fallen Fruits Cast Iron Boot Holder
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Ornate but strong boot holder, 5 Jan. 2015
We have this outside our door (which has a semi porch over it, so is sheltered from the weather) to put on our outdoor boots and shoes rather than making a mess on the stop or inside the hallway. I have not attached the fancy parts as it took me ages putting the thing together and the fancy parts are only for show and not needed to hold the boot holder together. I may put them on though when I get time. Very robust holder once its put together and looks very grand on our doorstep.

RSPB Birds Wiro Wall: 12x12 (Square)
RSPB Birds Wiro Wall: 12x12 (Square)
by Wiro Bound
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bird pictures, 5 Jan. 2015
Really beautiful calendar, I am very impressed with it and wish I could paint like that!

Rohde Womens White Boots 9366 8 UK, 42 EU
Rohde Womens White Boots 9366 8 UK, 42 EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely boots but narrow legs, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Rohde Womens 9366 Boots (Shoes)
I own a number of Rohde boots and also have thinnish legs/calves. All my boots have plenty of room around my calves! But this pair did not and I felt I was squashing my legs in, and difficult to do up the zip. Otherwise they were beautiful boots. (I had to return them)

Vax Air Pet U87-MA-Pe Upright Vacuum
Vax Air Pet U87-MA-Pe Upright Vacuum

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performance on carpets, powerful, no use on hard floors or small rugs, 4 Jan. 2015
The hose is very short, and fiddly to use, quite bizarre way of attaching it to the handle, not encountered such a thing before (having owned many vacuum cleaners of various brands). I won't be using it on the stairs as the hose is not long enough, but it is fine for furniture. However, I did not buy it for the hose, but to have powerful suction on carpets.

It does an amazing job of sucking all the dust/pet hairs out of the carpets, to date, the best vacuum I have owned. I hope this Vax lasts longer than my last two vacuum cleaners, (both the same model of Electrolux, bought both at the same time, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Both had light usage but both gave up the ghost in the same week at only about 18 months old.)

My last cleaners were only guaranteed for a year, this Vax has 6 years guarantee.

The bin holds more than my previous Electrolux's and is much easier to unclick, easier to empty and fasten back in place.

The Vax is neat and natty and easy to store, taking up less space than previous vacuums, and easy to empty the container.

The disadvantage is that it is so powerful it is no use on hard flooring like lino, as it will try to take the lino off the floor.

(no instruction manual or guarantee card with mine)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20