Profile for A. P. Harrison > Reviews

Content by A. P. Harrison

A. P. Harrison "andyha" (Chester)

Page: 1 | 2
Bodum 1928-16 Chambord Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel - 8 Cup /1.0 L
Bodum 1928-16 Chambord Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel - 8 Cup /1.0 L

2.0 out of 5 stars If people think this Bodum one is a good replacement then I beg to differ, 4 Feb. 2016
I bought this as a replacement for a La Cafetiere which was broken after 20 years of use. If people think this Bodum one is a good replacement then I beg to differ. The top is plastic unlike the metal of La Cafetiere and the metal holder is very poor compared to a La Cafetiere. In fact we have replaced this holder with the old La Cafetiere one. If we had not kept this we would of sent the Bodum back. The only plus to it was the very low price, (you get what you pay for) but if we need to replace this at anytime it will not be with another Bodum.

Merseyside & Manchester Cycle Map 25: Including the Pennine Cycleway, the Trans Pennine Trail and 4 Individual Day Rides
by Sustrans
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars ... just finished selotaping this map back together - not good as it was my first use of the map, 23 July 2015
I have just finished selotaping this map back together - not good as it was my first use of the map. As a pocket map I'd put it in my pocket on my cycling top. Bad idea, sweat seeped through onto the map and making it wet and thus tearing on one of the folds. This in itself was bad but combined with the fact that the route of the no.5 National Route was incorrectly marked and the actual route on the road not marked at all has given me little confedence in these maps.
I also feel that just marking a route as traffic free is just not good enough. I did a particular route and the traffic free sections varied from tarmac cycleways to going across fields. Fortunately having a hybrid bike I could cycle all the route but if you had a road bike then pushing it would probably been the only answer.
As well as a cyclist I am also a keen hillwalker/mountaineer so am used to using either OS or Harveys maps in the UK. These are far better than this map (although more expensive it must be said). I doubt that I will buy another one unless it was to keep at home and plan a route then use an OS map.

Supergets® Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810 Black Side Flip Wallet Case Covers, Screen Protector, Polishing Cloth and Mini Stylus
Offered by SAMXOOMZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 May 2015
Very pleased with this - especially considering the price

Epson Stylus Photo Printer Original Inkjet Print Cartridge T0482 - Cyan
Epson Stylus Photo Printer Original Inkjet Print Cartridge T0482 - Cyan
Offered by All Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 April 2015
Very good, will definately buy from again

The Killer Instinct
The Killer Instinct

5.0 out of 5 stars I think album is better than their first, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Killer Instinct (Audio CD)
Haven't had it off the CD player since I've bought it. I have to admit to being a Thin Lizzy fan and also an Almighty one as well so BSR should be right up my street. I think album is better than their first, probably because they have gone away from the Lizzy style more on this one. All in all it's one hell of a album, if you like pure classic rock then this is for you.

Red Dragon Cartel
Red Dragon Cartel

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Red Dragon Cartel (Audio CD)
Sorry to say I was not impressed with this CD. Loved Jake in Badlands but this comes nowhere near the material they put out.

Static On The Airwaves
Static On The Airwaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Static On The Airwaves (Audio CD)
Letters from the Underground was always going to be a hard album to follow as it was so good. Static does it though, not just doing it but doing it very well indeed. A bit slower than Letters, none the less the music is great and the lyrics absolutely spot on. This is another great album from a great band, cannot wait to see them live again this year.

State And Ancientry
State And Ancientry

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great CD, 3 May 2012
This review is from: State And Ancientry (Audio CD)
I bought this CD after buying their first one when that came out. I wasn't disapointed, another excellent album and well worth getting. Hannahs voice is beautiful and having just seen them live her clogg dancing is a marvel to behold!! If you like any form of acoustic/folk/roots music you will like this album.

Rush
Rush

4.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 16 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
Used to see these guys play at our local club (Quaintways - Chester). Great then and this CD brings back many happy hours. How they never made it big still amazes me. As another reviewer said I would happily pay money to see them live again.

The Antiquated And The Arcane
The Antiquated And The Arcane

5.0 out of 5 stars They do it again, 6 Dec. 2010
Yet another great CD from this band. I have to admit I have all their stuff and have been listening and watching them for a number of years. Hard to describe their music - folk/gypsy/world - whatever. It's just great to both listen to at home or even better get out there and dance the evening away with them.

Page: 1 | 2