Profile for Nick > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Opposites (Deluxe) [Explicit]
Opposites (Deluxe) [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 9 July 2013
To be honest, I've been a bit slow with Biffy Clyro lately. I got Puzzle as soon as it was released, but for some reason only got Only Revolutions a month ago. So I gave that a proper listen before deciding (without listening first) to buy Opposites. A gamble for sure, but based on Biffy's past offerings one I knew would pay off. This is a fantastic collection of songs, and because it's a double album it's excellent value for money. This, without a doubt, will be my soundtrack of the summer, will be excellent at festivals everywhere. A particular favourite at the moment is Little Hospitals, but to be honest picking a favourite track from this album is a bit like choosing your favourite child - all marvelous but in their own individual ways.

Come Of Age (Deluxe Version)
Come Of Age (Deluxe Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 July 2013
If, like me, you're new to The Vaccines then this album is an excellent place to start. Not only do you have the extended version of Come of Age (which is a fantastic piece of songwriting), you also have a live show featuring a lot of songs of What Did You Expect from The Vaccines - so all in all this is a great introduction to this exciting band.

Metal & Dust EP
Metal & Dust EP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Metal & Dust EP (MP3 Download)
Fantastic new electronic music from this London-based trio, sounds to me like Bat for Lashes crossed with Marina and the Diamonds with the soul of Lana del Rey, so if you like any of them you'll probably like this too. Highly recommended.

Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass 2727 g Chocolate Weight Gain Powder
Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass 2727 g Chocolate Weight Gain Powder

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 9 July 2013
If you're in the market for a mass-builder this one's very good. Using this I put on 5lbs in a month which is my most solid gain so far. It tastes great, just like a proper chocolate milkshake, but I found if you're using the recommended 2 scoops it can be difficult to get it to dissolve. Two scoops in one sitting also made me feel ill so I cut back to 1 scoop when I woke up and 1 when I finished working out. As other buyers have said the scoop is enormous so it does only last about 3 weeks, but overall great product.

Q.U.E.E.N. (feat. Erykah Badu)
Q.U.E.E.N. (feat. Erykah Badu)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 9 July 2013
This is a great return to excellent music for Janelle Monáe. Its' hard to believe her excellent The Archandroid was released three years ago, but this is a great taster for the upcoming Electric Lady, due in September. This is at once fresh and funky and demands that you get up and dance, thoroughly recommended

Born To Die (Deluxe Version)
Born To Die (Deluxe Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 4 Feb. 2012
Most professional reviews seem to be very cruel to Lana. My advice: don't believe a word of it. The music on Born to Die (and more-so on the Deluxe version of the album) is sublime: a melancholy, glamorous ode to modern America. I do think that the final track on the Deluxe version in particular (Lucky Ones) ties the album off perfectly: Lana wondering whether, despite all the melancholy and woe she sings of in the rest of the album, in her beautifully subdued voice, she is in fact luckier than most. And I think it ties the album off much better than This Is What Makes Us Girls as on the normal version of the album.

The Deluxe version may be £5 more expensive than the standard version of the album, but it's definitely worth it. Don't believe the reviews: believe the hype.

Page: 1 | 2