Profile for Betty Jambanis > Reviews

Content by Betty Jambanis

Betty Jambanis

The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags
by Amy Butler
Price: 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a bag making bible!, 5 Dec 2010
I'm generally not the type to write reviews on books but I just can't keep quiet about this book any longer.

I've been a fan of Lisa's handbag patterns and blog for some time. When I read on her blog that there was a book due to come out, I could hardly wait! Imagine, a collection of all her years of experience in creating gorgeous bags that I can hold in my hot little hand and flick through as many times as I wanted! It sounded so much easier than chasing around the internet, looking for information. It was tough waiting it out but finally the book arrived and its hardly been more than an arm's length away from me in my sewing room.

I absolutely love this book! It has helped me to customise and create my own bag patterns and that is a very big deal to me. I have previously relied on patterns to tell me what to do. Now I feel confident enough to take different elements that I like from different bags and actually make them work.

This book is truly an amazing reference book. I found the techniques easy to read and work through. I love the bag patterns included. I can honestly say that I would make up each and every one of them! And maybe two of the Piping Hot Hobo as its just too cute!

I especially love how well thought out this book is. I love that it will describe a technique and then show you how to use it in one of the patterns included in the book. Another thing that is totally awesome about this book is that the patterns are full sized! Now how often does that happen in a craft book? I've not seen it yet in any of the crafting books I've purchased over the years.

I honestly can't rate this book highly enough. Shame that you can only give five stars as I would say this is definitely worth double that. I guess I'll just have to hope that the fact that I've taken the time to write a review about it shows just how I feel about it.

Great job, Lisa! I can't wait to see if there will be another book in the future.