Profile for Rebecca > Reviews

free uk post FLY BEE WASP BUG INSECT SWATTER ASSORTED COLOURS X 5
Offered by QuidSave
Price: 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars They work and look fun, 14 Jun 2012
These fly swatters arrived very quickly. The day they arrived I put one to use and swatted an insect successfully first time. They do the job. They are fun to look at. They're light to hold. Colours of swatters: 2 pink, 2 blue, 1 yellow. Good value for the money.

Math Games to Master Basic Skills: Fractions and Decimals: Familiar and Flexible Games with Dozens of Variations That Help Struggling Learners ... Fraction and Decimal Skills and Concepts
by Denise Kiernan
Price: 6.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 14 Jun 2012
The book is a nice size and it arrived well packaged and very quickly. However, the sheets that are photocopiable are plain, no colour, making them look boring. The main reason why I gave this review a one is I can't work out what the instructions are telling me to do. I don't understand any of it. It assumes you have heard and played certain games. The only game I'd heard of was Bingo, although I've never played it myself, but I have an idea of the principles of the game.
So if anybody has used the games suggested, please share your insights. I would be grateful. Maybe then my review will be updated and changed for the better. Until then.

Success W/Sight Words
Success W/Sight Words
by Sara Throop
Price: 7.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Success with Sight Words Fantastic!, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Success W/Sight Words (Paperback)
I am a teacher working mainly with 16-19 year olds in a FE college. Many of my students are dyslexic or just have poor literacy skills. My first impression on opening the book was disappointment with the view that the activities were for very young children. However, the more I read, the more ideas I got and realised I'd purchased a fantastic book. Many ideas bounced off from the ones presented with many purchases made in the 99p or 1 shops. I'm still busy trying to find fly swatters though, as suggested in another review. The only downside is I've noticed the price has gone up since I purchased the book. Fantastic for education at any age.

Early Learning Centre - Easy Painters
Early Learning Centre - Easy Painters

5.0 out of 5 stars Early Learning Centre - Easy Painters, 16 Mar 2012
I am really pleased with these paints for the money. I purchased them for my students to use and they have proved a hit. They are a nice size, easy to hold and use. Colours are green, blue, pink, yellow, red and I can't remember the other one; they are kept at work. Just give a good shake before applying to paper. I am going to order some more for my Grandchild.

Fraction Action Snap
Fraction Action Snap
Offered by Premier Life Store
Price: 3.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Fraction Action Snap Cards, 3 Mar 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fraction Action Snap (Toy)
These cards were extremely disappointing. The size of pack and cards are very small - smaller than an ordinary pack of playing cards - not suitable for poor eyesight. I wish I hadn't bought them.

Division 0 to 12 (Brighter Child Flash Cards)
Division 0 to 12 (Brighter Child Flash Cards)
by School Specialty Publishing
Edition: Cards
Price: 2.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Brighter Child, Division, 0 to 12, 54 Flash Cards, 3 Mar 2012
I am very pleased with this pack of cards. This is the best pack I have bought so far. The size of cards is large. Could have been slightly smaller, but having said this, if you are using them for teaching a small group, students will be able to see them from a reasonable distance. Also good if poor eyesight. The answers are on the back, but written very small, so there are two problems to each card. There isn't every division problem in the pack of cards, that run through the multiplication tables, but they are challenging in that larger numbers are used. I teach numeracy to dyslexic adults in FE who were unable to grasp simple numeracy skills at school. They will also help to keep me on my toes. Highly recommended!

by Jim Smith
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lazy Teacher's Handbook, 13 July 2011
This is worth the outlay. It is easy to read and strategies can be applied to school or college learners. It relates more to class work rather than one-to-one teaching. The Lazy Teacher's Handbook: How your students learn more when you teach less (Independent Thinking Series)