13 of 13 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
A Lot Of Fun, Very Detailed, Excellent Online Racing!, 15 Nov 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having played this game for over 40 hours, I now feel I can give it a justified review. I'll list what makes this game good.
(1) The shear detail of the game and the massive work that must have went into creating it. It's absolute genius. It looks outstanding on a 1080P HD TV.
(2) The choice of vehicles very good.
(3) Value for money, the career mode is long so it will keep you occupied for a long while, I still haven't completed it.
(4) Online gaming is very addictive; you will race some very skilled racers from all over the world.
(5) Customisation options for the vehicles are very good... you can even upload online to allow people worldwide to rate your vehicle and purchase it if they want.
(1) Go into Arcade mode, select Sunset and Vine and change the difficulty to easiest, weather clear, time of day noon, number of opponents 5 and traffic off and play this over and over again as it's an easy track, each time you win you will get more money, you will also unlock performance and cosmetic parts for the vehicles and you will also unlock higher vehicle groups providing you get 1 place 5 - 10 times in a row. This is very easy.
(2) In the beginning use 1 vehicle at a time, don't be tempted to buy more than one... max it out with performance if necessary to win races. Avoid spending money on looks; you can do this when you have group 4 vehicles open. Then build up money and trade it in for an even better model. When you have unlocked group 4, you should buy the Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R, without doubt the quickest most manoeuvrable vehicle for online races. I have this and the Lamborghini Murcielago DUB for a good mix both maxed out with incredible performance.
Anyway, buy this game... don't listen to the negative reviews, if you give this game sometime you will lose yourself in it.