Profile for flying high > Reviews

Content by flying high

flying high

Healthy Eating: The Prostate Care Cookbook published in association with Prostate Cancer Research Foundation (Healthy Eating Series)
by Margaret Rayman

5.0 out of 5 stars A very informative book, 3 July 2009
I bought this book because my brother is under-going treatment. The introduction is so clear and easy to follow; I found the explanations and risk factors convincing and the science behind the disease is particularly strong. For the first time I realised why diet is so important. Looking at the different range of vegetables I was able to assess the best sources of lycopene, selenium, Vitamin D and learn how valuable they are in the care of the prostate. And it became clear to me why allium vegetables are so important. We look forward to cooking some of the delicious recipes. The recipe for the Tuna Stir-Fry was an instant hit and we look forward to making the Chicken Kebabs with Peanut Sauce. This is a very useful book for anyone with prostate cancer.