Profile for Dan > Reviews

Content by Dan

Dan (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ASUS USB-AC56 - Dual-band Wireless-AC1200 USB Adapter,802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, 300/ 867Mbps, USB 3.0
Offered by Gizmofones

3.0 out of 5 stars Once I followed his guide the adapter kicked into life and was good, however would only connect on the 2, 19 Dec. 2014
First off GO AND READ THE REVIEW BY S1N1C - this contains essential information on getting the adapter to work. Once I followed his guide the adapter kicked into life and was good, however would only connect on the 2.4GHz channel (802.11n), not 5GHz like I was hoping for (802.11ac).
To fix this:
- Follow steps given by S1N1C
- Go to device manager
- Open up network adapters and double click on the Asus AC56
- Click on advanced
- in the box that appears select 'Wireless Mode'
- Change from AUTO to IEEE 802.11 ac
- Reboot

Hey presto, if you are in range you'll get the 802.11ac and its super fast.

This is a 5* product but for me lost 2 starts because of all the faffing about I had to do to get it to work (at all). Thanks again to S1N1C for his research into fixing this thing...Asus, get your act together.

3M Privacy Filter - 15.6 inch Widescreen 16:9 - PF15.6W9
3M Privacy Filter - 15.6 inch Widescreen 16:9 - PF15.6W9
Offered by EPHY UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Dec. 2014
Pricey - but does the trick. Actually invites more comments than it does hide secrets!

JVC HAFR36SE Marshmallow Headphones with Remote and Microphone - Silver
JVC HAFR36SE Marshmallow Headphones with Remote and Microphone - Silver
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy bass - but I actually like that for the music I listen to, 18 Dec. 2014
My 3rd pair in 5 years. Very heavy bass - but I actually like that for the music I listen to.

Dell SK-8135 Multimedia USB HUB Computer Keyboard
Dell SK-8135 Multimedia USB HUB Computer Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these keyboard - good for gaming and almost indestructible, 18 Dec. 2014
Love these keyboard - good for gaming and almost indestructible. Weighs about double what my 'fancy' backlit logitech one did.

Le'Xpress Frother
Le'Xpress Frother

5.0 out of 5 stars works just like is says it will, 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Le'Xpress Frother (Kitchen & Home)
Superb value, works just like is says it will.

Command Authority (Jack Ryan Book 9)
Command Authority (Jack Ryan Book 9)

2.0 out of 5 stars Got bored at around 1/3 of the way though - actually ..., 18 Dec. 2014
Got bored at around 1/3 of the way though - actually it never excited me and that's the point where I actually gave up. Not happened to me before with a Tom Clancy book....

20 Pack of Genuine Exel White Microfibre Magic Cleaning Cloths. Chemical Free Cleaning. Anti Bacterial Microfiber Cloths for Amazing Smear Free Wiping.
Offered by Discounted Cleaning Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money - use them for car detailing, 18 Dec. 2014
Excellent value for money - use them for car detailing, they don't mar the paintwork in any way - perfect for little cleanups

mum2mum Long Sleeve Baby Bib 6/18mths Navy
mum2mum Long Sleeve Baby Bib 6/18mths Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Dec. 2014
We love this - saves more changes of clothes than any bib!

Dynamode 6-Way Horizontal 13A Switched 19 inch Power Distribution Unit with Surge Protection
Offered by SENDERCITY

Great value and fit with no issues in my 19" cab

14k 27.5mm Polished Heavy Curb Link Chain
14k 27.5mm Polished Heavy Curb Link Chain

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 18 Dec. 2014
I happened to get given an Amazon voucher for £227,296 so decided to put in the extra penny and treat myself. Overall quality is good, and while there are cheaper items I could have bought (such as a house), I was generally very pleased. Only knocked off one star for the value, which is on the lower side of good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4