ARRAY(0xa26a55d0)

Profile for SC > Reviews

Content by SC

SC

Special Tests in Musculoskeletal Examination: An evidence-based guide for clinicians, 1e (Physiotherapy Pocketbooks)
by Paul Hattam
Price: 22.94

5.0 out of 5 stars The first class pocket size book for all Physios & GPs, 25 Nov 2010
As a clinical specialist working in musculoskeletal,I find this pocket size book is very exciting and useful. I feel this is highly relevant to my clinical work and I learn so much from it. I would like to write and recommend this book to all physiotherapists who work in musculoskeletal and GP in special interest. I am impressed with the effort the two authors, Paul & Alison. Also studying as a PhD student, I also particularly like and impressed with their extensive literature review and the overall view on reliability and specificity of the tests. For physiotherapists or GPs who do not familar with reserach or critical analysis on literatures will find this book particular useful! The authors have included start rating, to indicate the most clinical useful and reliable diagnostic test. This gives us some excellent guidances on what valid and reliable tests can be used to aid our accurate diagnostic.

Many musculoskelatal conditions in the primary care are soley relied on the clinical diagnosis of primary clinicians and the treatment plan is often formulated from there without routine radiological investigations. I feel this poscket size book could certainly enhance the accuracy of our diagnosis and our diagnositic skill in practice.

Personally, I really enjoy reading this book. It has became my bedtime read lately and the trouble is I couldn't fall asleep afteward as It is simply very good and I would say this is the first class!

Well done!