Profile for Chubbster > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Honor 5x 5.5-Inch SIM-Free 4G Smartphone - Silver
Honor 5x 5.5-Inch SIM-Free 4G Smartphone - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 May 2016
Replaced my Samsung Galaxy S3 and beats it in all departments.

HUAWEI MediaPad M2 8.0 Tablet
HUAWEI MediaPad M2 8.0 Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars Best speakers I've heard from a small device such as ..., 17 May 2016
I purchased the wi-fi only version (it's cheaper than the version which accepts SIM cards). It replaces my Nexus 7 and it beats it in all departments. It feels quality due to the brushed metal back and hi-res screen, it also has a reassuring heft to it. Best speakers I've heard from a small device such as this, give very convincing audio imagining. Battery needs charging every couple of days (lasts about twice as long as the Nexus did).

Mens Mustard Kes Tan Brown Leather Wallet (£17.99) (ONE SIZE)
Mens Mustard Kes Tan Brown Leather Wallet (£17.99) (ONE SIZE)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice leather smell, 18 Mar. 2014
First impression is that it looks like a quality product. The leather is soft and smells nice. The stitching is precise. The lining is fabric, so I'm wondering how durable this will be. My only quibble is that it is just tan brown leather and not the bluish embossed version as seen in the picture. Oh, and it didn't contain any money...

SPIDER PRO SINGLE CAMERA SYSTEM
SPIDER PRO SINGLE CAMERA SYSTEM
Offered by Crooked Imaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Less sweaty that a neck strap, 23 Aug. 2013
Neck straps always make me sweaty. I've tried Lowpro and Op/tech neck straps as well as the ones which come with the camera. The Spider Pro is quite comfortable and ideal for long walks on warm, sunny days. It is a bit heavy especially with a tripod QR plate attached, but the weight is also something to do with the quality and I've do doubts it will last.

Eheim 3704010 Air Pump 400 Adjustable
Eheim 3704010 Air Pump 400 Adjustable
Offered by aquacadabra

4.0 out of 5 stars Best pump I've had, 23 Aug. 2013
I've had an aquarium for many years and during this time I've had a few pumps, but this is by far the most powerful and flexible. Two outlets with controllable flow on each. Not the quietest, but that's to be expected with a pump of this power.

OP/TECH Pro Loop Strap for Professional Camera/DSLR/Large Binoculars - Nature
OP/TECH Pro Loop Strap for Professional Camera/DSLR/Large Binoculars - Nature
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars I've been using these for years, 1 May 2013
This is my third one, so I guess I must like them. I've tried all sorts of camera straps from Lowpro to R-strap, but I keep coming back to this one as it offers the most support. I think it boils down to personal taste more than anything and the type of gear you have. I use this more for my heavier gear (camera and binocular) and it does the job. But in the summer (not that we get much), it does make you rather sweaty (as anything round the neck would).

Good quality and modular (with other Op/Tech gubbings). Although, it is not compatible with my first Op/Tech strap (purchased in the early 90s).

Activated Carbon Fish Tank Filter Media for Aquarium and Ponds 500g
Activated Carbon Fish Tank Filter Media for Aquarium and Ponds 500g
Offered by SANDERSON PRODUCTS LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 1 May 2013
Fish s*** sticks to this like glue! Soon clears the water, but I would have wanted slightly more for the money to give it 5 stars, but still better value than the branded alternatives.

Veho VCC-004-ATOM-NPNG Micro Muvi Atom Handsfree Camcorder with Waterproof Case and 4 GB Memory
Offered by Luzern

4.0 out of 5 stars It's tiny!, 1 May 2013
Firts thing that hit me when un-boxing was just how small it was, I hadn't given it any thought. It's about an inch long and a centimetre wide (especially for those Imperial and metric pendants). In the waterproof housing it's about 3 centimeters high and half and inch wide. There are all sorts of attachments included for just the camera and the waterproof housing. But not the attachments I wanted (typical). However, in saying that, my wants are quite specific and I'm finding new wants all the time.
The camera has a built in battery (it can't be removed or replaced), it is re-charged via a mini-USB (so either to a PC and mobile phone charger). It records video and still pictures onto a micro-SD card (adapter to normal SD was included with my kit). There are two slider switches, one for on and off and the other switches on or off the sound activation. There are two buttons, one for video and one for stills. There are two LED lights, green for on and red for recording (or needs battery charging etc).
For it's small stature, it is quite heavy. It's casing is some metal and feels good quality, the waterproof housing is also good quality plastic. One thing you have to remember is to turn the camera on before putting it in the waterproof housing (there are two buttons to control the video). The waterproof housing has a screw for a standard tripod mount.
Uses so far have included 1) rock-pooling: fixed on the end of a stick with elastic bands I have entered another world. Even in the darkest places of the rock-pool exposures come out crisp and bright.
2) Dog cam: have fixed the camera to a harness attached to a dog. You don't realise just how many bottoms they do sniff!!
3) Kite cam: attached to a kite for some aerial photography.

This camera is great fun!! Just thinking up new ways to use it. However, because of it's small size and sound activation it could be dangerous in the wrong hands (but I haven't thought of those uses yet).

Why 4 stars and not 5. I would have liked a slightly wider angle of view and there isn't much bundled software. Editing these masterpieces has to be with other software. But what do you expect for the price!?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2014 8:01 PM BST

The Greatest Hits Live
The Greatest Hits Live
Offered by the_record_factory

5.0 out of 5 stars It brought the memories back, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The Greatest Hits Live (Audio CD)
of adolescence, sixth form parties, gigs and the good times.

Right, enough of teary-eyed nostalgia. I'll start with the not so good points, sleave notes are minimal, not even nice photos, just one picture and the track listing, but this is a Dutch import, so at least I could understand the writing. Second, it doesn't last long enough. OK, there are about an hours worth of tracks, but when they are this good you want them to last.

I have been to a few BC gigs back in the 80's but I hadn't heard the arrangements they played in the first 5-6 tracks, all accoutic versions. The next hald of the album is more familiar teritory, but what does stand out above over 'live' albums that I've heard is the quality. I could have been at the concert, shut my eyes, light a few ciggies, a splash of Brut and I would have been time travelling, no Tardis required.

Out of all the 80's bands I think I miss this one the most. I know many have said it before, but they are just not the same without Stuart.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ltl Acorn 6210MC trail cam: 1 month on, 17 May 2012
I've had this camera over 4 weeks now. I've mainly used it in local woods tracking badgers. Set-up was quite straightforward and it captured images of wildlife without too much mucking around with the settings (not that that is difficult). Pictures taken in daylight are very good quality (coming from a 12MP sensor). Colours are realistic and good detail without much in terms of chroma or luminescence noise. As the lens is focus free (ie no auto focus) it relies on the depth of field and aperture, so if animals move within 3 meters of the lens, then get a bit out of the field of focus (which is to be expected). My only minor grip is the supplied software to set-up the camera. It's a bit clunky. For example, to set the sensor to high, in the software it has to be set to low?? Also, the format of the date doesn't seem to change no matter if it's changed in the software.

Having nothing to compare against, it's difficult to say how this rates with it's competitors. However, images are crisp, long battery life, sensitive to small creatures and does what it says on the box. For the price, it seems good value to me.

Page: 1 | 2