Profile for B. Eveleigh > Reviews

Content by B. Eveleigh

B. Eveleigh "Mr-Brett" (UK)

Original I-Boyz Present Samsung Galaxy i9300 S3 Gel Skin Cover with screen protector - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars About as good as you'd expect given the price., 26 Sept. 2012
The first time I put it on the phone it fit nice and snug, I took it off again to try and put on the screen protector which (as always) was a waste of time and I quickly threw away. When putting it back on it seems that the case became slightly stretched so now doesn't fit quite as snug.
The side buttons (on/off and volume) are much harder to use with the case on, which is mildly irritating.

On the plus side the phone now feels a bit more solid.
I'll see if I can put up with the case but I doubt it'll last a week.

Karrimor Men's Bodmin II Mid weathertite Black Sea Walking Boot K300BLC161 12 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but doesn't quite live up to the claims, 25 Oct. 2011
Firstly these look ok, are pretty comfortable and solid but the claim to be "weathertite" which isn't quite true. After about 1 hour on Dartmoor walking through wet grass my feet were quite wet, after 3 hours every centimetre was soaked.

I'm giving 3 stars because they are cheap, I didn't expect anything amazing but I would recommend that anyone looking for something serious looks elsewhere.

Henri Lloyd Men's Dartington Flip Flop Navy Sandal F96066 12 UK
Henri Lloyd Men's Dartington Flip Flop Navy Sandal F96066 12 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent flip flips, 25 Oct. 2011
I'm not sure how wrong you can go with flip flops but these seem pretty good, my only complaint would be that the bit in between the toes can be a little uncomfortable if worn for a prolonged period, I've not had many flip flops before so this could be the case with most of them.

Fable: The Balverine Order
Fable: The Balverine Order
by Peter David

3.0 out of 5 stars Fable: The Balverine Order, 5 Feb. 2011
This book is an entertaining enough read and probably about the right length. It's essentially a coming of age story for young guys who grow up in the industrialised Albion of Fable 3, they leave and go on a quest.

The book is mostly decently written in general but in places is somewhat stilted and clichéd. I was hoping it would play more to the humorous side of the Fable universe in the vein of Terry Prachett, sadly this isn't the case, the story takes it's self quite seriously most f the time and the humour that is there, never quite clicked with me. My biggest criticism is that the book sticks too closely to the Fable universe, it feels like it's constrained so much by it that it's has to make constant references to concepts from the game, at times it reads more like a game guide than a novel. This is somewhat to be expected from a game tie-in novel though.

I'd still say it's worth a read but I'd struggle to recommend it to anyone who isn't a big Fable fan.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2012 11:08 AM BST

d'artiste Character Modeling 2: Digital Artists Masterclass
d'artiste Character Modeling 2: Digital Artists Masterclass
by Lanning

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing showcase of 3D Art, 16 Feb. 2008
It book is clearly a high quality product, every page is a high quality glossy paper and the book comes in a card sleeve to protect it.

The first part of the book focuses Kevin Lanning's work on Gears of War and gives you an amazing insight into how the characters of one of the most graphically impressive games ever made were created.

The second part is a showcase of Timur Baysal's weird and wonderful 3D art, a tutorial on box modelling a head.

The third part features work from Zack Petroc which also features a tutorial on character creation.

All three parts include a background of each artist, comments of every piece shown and a number of other pieces from other artists that were selected by the above artists.

The Sandman Presents: The Furies
The Sandman Presents: The Furies
by Mike Carey

4.0 out of 5 stars Furies, 2 Mar. 2004
I am quite new to the Sandman series but i am increasing my collection and i think this book will be a good addition to any Sandman fan or graphic novel fan. This book has amazing illistrations and and a fantastic fantasy story. Those of you expecting another Neil Gaimen masterpiece may be dissapointed to hear that he was a not a main writer for the book but this does not make the book in any way less of a quality Sandman novel. My only real trouble is that you may find it a bit confusing if you are not very familiar with Greek mythology (if you are like me) but overall a very good book.