Profile for Brian Reade > Reviews

Content by Brian Reade

Brian Reade

The Resistance: The French Fight Against the Nazis
The Resistance: The French Fight Against the Nazis

5.0 out of 5 stars A well wrritten acount with lots of detail which was all new to me., 14 Feb 2014
ALTHOUGH THERE ARE DETAILS OF MANY OF THE ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE FRENCH RESISTANCE THE BOOK NOT ONLY COVERS THESE, IT ALSO DEALS WITH THE POLITICAL SIDE OF THE EFFORTS OF GENERAL DE GAULLE AND THE VARIOUS DIFFERENT POLITICAL FACTIONS WHICH STRUGGLED TO CREATE THE KIND OF STRUCTURE THEY EACH WANTED FOR FRANCE FOLLOWING THE END OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR, THIS WAS AN ASPECT OF THE RESISTANCE WAR OF WHICH I WAS NOT AWARE.

Spies In The Sky: The Secret Battle for Aerial Intelligence during World War II
Spies In The Sky: The Secret Battle for Aerial Intelligence during World War II

5.0 out of 5 stars A very thorough coverage of an interesting aspect ofwarfare., 2 Nov 2013
It is widely known that aerial coverage of warfare sites took place but I doubt if many people realised the extent and the level of detail which was provide by its practitioners. This book provides it and it makes for highly interesting reading.

Peaches for Monsieur le Curé
Peaches for Monsieur le Curé

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a great fan of Joanne Harris so found this vey uwful and interesting., 7 July 2013
I would recommend this book, to anyone, especially to the many lovers of Joanne Harris. As usual with many of her works it merits a second or third reading.

Samsung 350V5C 15.6-inch Laptop - (Silver) (Intel Core i3 2.4GHz, 6GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop very good but Windows 8 a bit tricky to get used to., 7 July 2013
The laptop itself is very pleasing with particularly easy-to-use letter keys. I myself do not use many figures so the numerical keyboard on the right hand side is not much use to me but it would be important to many users.. It is especially fast to boot up I would recommend it to anyone..

Apple iPad 2 16GB (Black, Wi-Fi Only) - Genuine UK Stock
Apple iPad 2 16GB (Black, Wi-Fi Only) - Genuine UK Stock
Offered by BrigGen

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as a birthday present for my wife., 31 May 2013
My wife is not computer literate, but she finds this tablet very simple to use and does not overpower her with options at every turn.

Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Goodnight Mister Tom [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ John Thaw

5.0 out of 5 stars As my granddaughter is studying the evacuation of children during WW II at school, she found the video very useful., 20 April 2013
Although the story line is fictional, the background details of dress and the stress the children felt are very useful go my granddaughter..

Doro Phone Easy 615 GSM Sim Free Mobile Phone - Red
Doro Phone Easy 615 GSM Sim Free Mobile Phone - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars This phone is perfect for my needs, but unfortunately, being a "returned" item, it arrived to me without an instruction booklet., 20 April 2013
The phone is very easy to use and does all the things I want it to do. The photographs especially are very clear and the zoom makes for a very pleasing selection of pictures.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Paperwhite)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., 14 April 2013
It looks good, fits perfectly, does its job properly - I'm perfectly satisfied! Need I say more? I hope not.